• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I would vote to go back in 8f Arsenal get relegated, deal?

I’d pop my top if both those things happened.

I’m not actually that into us rejoining. We’ve done so much to get here it would be churlish not to explore any advantages, and we’d look quite stupid as well. Most of ‘brexit’ is putting back things we use to have- exchange programmes for students, free trade, stability in Ireland, visas and ability to import workers etc. But we are here now, and we have to try and make the most of it. I’m yet to hear one visionary who has a blueprint for Brexit Britain. So far it’s a repair job, and a bit of a botched one at that.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

So once something has happened which continues to influence the present on a daily basis, no-one should ask about it or discuss it? Wow. Alright then.

If you say so mate. Rehasing the same old brick that they were going on about before, during and after the vote. Sore losers but whatever turns them on i guess.

Teething problems. Which actually highlights why brexit was a good thing, because the country was so in the grips of mass immigration that we relied on cheap foreign labour.

Now we can actually see how many nurses we need and put more in to training nurses, same with Lorry drivers.

So we just... train more nurses?

giphy.gif

I do not know anyone that voted for brexit that thinks it is bad. Now any mistakes the country makes we get to punish them by voting them out if we think they are worse then the other lot.

I think Brexit has shown how vindictive the Europeans are.

Love or loathe the EU (not "the Europeans" - of which we are a part), they have done exactly what they need to protect their interests. Having that freedom is why many people voted Brexit - so it is hypocrisy to use that as a negative. We should be congratulating them on a job well done.....well, better done than us at least.

Love or loathe the EU (not "the Europeans" - of which we are a part), they have done exactly what they need to protect their interests. Having that freedom is why many people voted Brexit - so it is hypocrisy to use that as a negative. We should be congratulating them on a job well done.....well, better done than us at least.

The checks at the border with Ireland which is about 70% of the checks they do with non EU countries despite having borders with several non EU countries shows vindictiveness.

The are other places in the world where cross border trade happens with minimal checks. The EU are showing a petty jilted lover side to them. Why do you think so many were so angry we left?

Anyone who thinks the EU can work as it is with such different cultures and economies is simply mad, well meaning but mad. The southern Europeans countries will bankrupt Germany, Holland and the sensible Northern ones.

A Canadian type deal or no deal was the only one we should have gone for. But we have weak idiots running the country. Leaving has just reinforced my beliefs and also everyone else's who I know that voted out.

I can not wait for the next Greece, which will probably be Italy, my favourite country to visit actually. Because when it happens it will be our definitive victory and finally the remoaners will be shown up for what they are. My betting is in the next 5 years.

Do not twist this into something it is not, the sore losers are those who lost the vote and can not get over it. You know that as much as i do.

You are probably correct. But Steff's point stands - if there are no winners, what was the point?

The checks at the border with Ireland which is about 70% of the checks they do with non EU countries despite having borders with several non EU countries shows vindictiveness.

The are other places in the world where cross border trade happens with minimal checks. The EU are showing a petty jilted lover side to them. Why do you think so many were so angry we left?

Anyone who thinks the EU can work as it is with such different cultures and economies is simply mad, well meaning but mad. The southern Europeans countries will bankrupt Germany, Holland and the sensible Northern ones.

A Canadian type deal or no deal was the only one we should have gone for. But we have weak idiots running the country. Leaving has just reinforced my beliefs and also everyone else's who I know that voted out.

I can not wait for the next Greece, which will probably be Italy, my favourite country to visit actually. Because when it happens it will be our definitive victory and finally the remoaners will be shown up for what they are. My betting is in the next 5 years.

I'm glad you agree! They used the power they have to achieve what they wanted.

That'll be the UK "weak idiots" that you mandated to carry out Brexit.....just saying.

The EU will be fine. They are very adept at changing to make sure they don't fail. The think the Brits don't get is it is the very structure of the EU that makes that possible. Thoughts of a large scale collapse are fanciful.

I agree Italy is likely to be next. Economies go up and down;, it was the UK in the late 70s.
There are significant parallels between Greece and Italy - and not pretty ones. But being in the bloc makes it less likely that any huge downturn creates a catastrophic outcome with conflict and/or humanitarian crises spilling over borders.

I'm glad you agree! They used the power they have to achieve what they wanted.

That'll be the UK "weak idiots" that you mandated to carry out Brexit.....just saying.

The EU will be fine. They are very adept at changing to make sure they don't fail. The think the Brits don't get is it is the very structure of the EU that makes that possible. Thoughts of a large scale collapse are fanciful.

I agree Italy is likely to be next. Economies go up and down;, it was the UK in the late 70s.
There are significant parallels between Greece and Italy - and not pretty ones. But being in the bloc makes it less likely that any huge downturn creates a catastrophic outcome with conflict and/or humanitarian crises spilling over borders.

There is so much to work on across borders. Whether on refugees, climate change, crime, free trade...cooperation makes perfect sense. And that is all the EU is - a mechanism for nations on one continent to work together.

Do not twist this into something it is not, the sore losers are those who lost the vote and can not get over it. You know that as much as i do.

This is a crazy mindset from Leavers, that Remainers are sore losers. I would love for this to be the success that was claimed it was going to become. It has not. It isn't soreness that you see, it is genuine frustration that people were sold a lie and now it has been proven to be a lie they won't dig themselves out of the weird hole they are in.

Let's be realistic, the only thing promised that has been delivered is ending free movement and that has not been great has it?

This is a crazy mindset from Leavers, that Remainers are sore losers. I would love for this to be the success that was claimed it was going to become. It has not. It isn't soreness that you see, it is genuine frustration that people were sold a lie and now it has been proven to be a lie they won't dig themselves out of the weird hole they are in.

Let's be realistic, the only thing promised that has been delivered is ending free movement and that has not been great has it?

I never once said ALL remainers are sore losers, but you know as well as i do they are a couple on here can not let it go and move on.

That you think anyone is 'sore' over 'losing' that vote speaks volumes. Do you really think that vote, and 'winning' or 'losing' it, was about ego? Come on. Think about it.

No it is not about ego and i never said it was ( you did). You obviosly are thinking to much mate.

Back