• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

I don't wish to open this particular can of worms anymore and divert another thread from its main topic!
I'll just assert that a person's support of a mainstream politician in a large country should not be automatic grounds for negatively judging their character or them as a person, especially if we aren't absolutely sure precisely which parts of an agenda they may or may not be behind. We've seen the toxicity that has already come from the labelling of Trump or Biden supporters, Corbyn or Johnson voters, pro or anti-Brexit...etc etc.
I hope that there's more of a move away from tribal judgements and towards understanding and appreciation of the individual...aware as I am that there are those who very much prefer identity politics and the definition of people by their labels and groups rather than who they are as a person.
A move away from tribal judgement would surely mean a move away from the right wing nationalist and populists who actively, repeatedly and willfully peddle in tribal judgement.

A move away from Bolsonaro, Trump and others that use the vilification of others as a political tool to gain power.

I would support that.

I disagree, and this is where all the jokes about woke people come in, but the fact clearly was then, and clearly is now that said individual had a history of legally, morally and ethically unacceptable behavior. As an example you cannot back an outright racist (in the US there have been KKK candidates, e.g. David Duke) and not expect to be called on it.

The paradox of tolerance states that if a society is tolerant without limit, its ability to be tolerant is eventually seized or destroyed by the intolerant. Karl Popper described it as the seemingly paradoxical idea that in order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance.

I do not know the extent of Lucas's beliefs, I can tell he's clearly highly religious (normal in Latin society) and most of these ultra right wings prey on that (e.g. "religious issues" like abortion, homosexuality, etc.), was another reason like in an earlier thread I believe we need to start calling out all religion for what it is ..

If you are asking entertainment figures for political insight then you can't really expect a deep and meaningful debate.
No harm to twain, i know almost nothing about her, but if you are going to ask these questions you need to respect their views, or at least not judge them to harshly.
Chances are she is not that deeply involved and was blind sided by the question, picking an answer she thought would be normal.

I think Lucas is nailed on starter (fresh, been training, no travel, decent form)
Looks like Son & Bergwijn are serious doubt (Bergwijn even more so than Son)
I'd like to see if Gil can play

So, yes, I could see us doing Gil, Kane, Lucas.

That's an attacking triumvirate that presents a range of strengths

Mate, I'm really trying to be open here

- An immigration policy is not racist, however "mexicans are rapists and hence that is why we need to close the border" is fudging racist
- And race absolutely drove his policies, and a large percentage of the people who voted for him are racists (the classic not all his supporters are racists, but all the racists are his supporters)
- He tried so many executive orders and actions that even an extremely conservative supreme court repeatedly shot down, because it was fudging racist or discriminatory on a ridiculous level
- He calls for the locking up of his political opponents without due process, has tried to pressure foreign governments to go after his political opponents and uses his AG to pursue his own interests (there isn't a democratic bone in the guys fudging body)
- His fudging supporters fly Nazi flags and Trump flags together, how is it a stretch? oh, he's not a Nazi, how about those swastikas then? how about calling on your supporters to overturn an election result?
- If you think that guy wouldn't have made himself president for life, purged political opponents, expelled people with US passports/green cards and broken US democracy for his own gain, you are extremely naïve.

Having a point of view about immigration or taxes or even abortion (which personally I think is flimflam) is fine, but if you find yourself in a rally with everyone else waves fudging Nazi flags and cheering for the locking up of political opponents without due process, you should be fudging ashamed ..

.. anyway .. back to Lucas ..

All of this is worthy of debate but I'll take a leaf out of Steff's book and leave it to another thread.

So Moura...

Plays Saturday, would like to see him through the middle (if Son is out/iffy) as he did at his best for Jose

Definitely out on the right wing for me. As far right as he can go. Maybe even beyond the touchline now and again. The danger is that he goes too far and the rest of the team ignore him. I think that's a bit unfair because they don't agree with his positional sense.

But I definitely would have him starting at the weekend.

If Emerson starts he might also get the nod to help with comms?

How has Emerson settled in?

He has settled in well, he has to improve his English. He only hangs around with Lucas at this moment, which is normal, but he has settled in well. He is a good player and the way the group is operating any player that joins us is integrated well because the boys are aware that everybody should feel comfortable and in a nice environment so Emerson is okay.

I think Lucas is nailed on starter (fresh, been training, no travel, decent form)
Looks like Son & Bergwijn are serious doubt (Bergwijn even more so than Son)
I'd like to see if Gil can play

So, yes, I could see us doing Gil, Kane, Lucas.

Agreed.

If both Bergwijn and Son are out I guess it's between Gil and Sessegnon or a change of system.

I'd like to see us keep the system and play Gil. Has looked promising so far and a better game for him than for Sessegnon to me.

Plays Saturday, would like to see him through the middle (if Son is out/iffy) as he did at his best for Jose

Assuming an unchanged system just slot in where he's been playing so far. Either side of Kane (probably right), fairly central role, but some time spent a bit wider, some freedom to roam a bit.

If Nuno goes for a changed system I don't even know what system that would be so difficult to guess a role/position for Lucas. But I think that's unlikely.

Such a dangerours player for us when he is on it, that run in the first part of the game was top class.
Bit useless running in his own with no support
That’s the problem with yesterday’s set up
No one form midfield breaking the lines with a run and no one there passing well enough

Bit useless running in his own with no support
That’s the problem with yesterday’s set up
No one form midfield breaking the lines with a run and no one there passing well enough
We have very few players capable of seeing anything beyond the bleeding obvious and the few we do we aren't playing when we have the opportunity too.

That was a great read. He has been one of my favourites at Spurs for a while, because he’s so nice,genuine and funny. And he like Son always seems to make an effort to interact with the new guys - this is so important, team spirit is massive. And his game seems to be getting better this past year or so, I always liked his unpredictability but he is adding more consistency to his game now.

He really gives off the feeling he genuinely loves the club, let’s hope he can fulfill his dream of a trophy here….

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/lucas-moura-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league-soccer-brazil

Good article by the man himself. Starting to become more consistently effective now and when he's out is missed.

Finally got his real face in FIFA as well now so must be doing something right.

Like that.
Great attitude.
Still can't watch that sf or final, to raw. But that interview has made it a little better.
Love the picture, especially Eriksen in the background, love to know what he is doing, possibly the most emotional I've ever seen him.

Back