• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I know people are bored of Brexit, but it's funny after years of telling us how fantastic Brexit would be and the bonus wonderland of leaving the EU would be, The Mail, Torygraph etc don't spend each and every day ramming it down people's throats how right they were with news stories of how wonderful it all is.

I know people are bored of Brexit, but it's funny after years of telling us how fantastic Brexit would be and the bonus wonderland of leaving the EU would be, The Mail, Torygraph etc don't spend each and every day ramming it down people's throats how right they were with news stories of how wonderful it all is.

Probably just getting on with life as they should. Makes me wonder why you think they should ram it down the throat. Is that what remain were doing??

One interesting part is the evolving and contradictory responses from brexiters on the obvious impacts. We've gone from project fear, to its not Brexit, to stating the issues are brexit related but stiff upper lip old chap, to its all the EU's fault and around again. Unless there is honesty and pragmatism to deal with issues then this playlist will be on an infinite loop.

Last edited:
One interesting part is the evolving and contradictory responses from brexiters on the obvious impacts. We've gone from project fear to stating the issues are brexit related but stiff upper lip old chap, to its all the EU's fault and around again. Unless there is honesty and pragmatism to deal with issues then this playlist will be on infinite loop.

And as we can see, the people who voted for it, and their reasons (stop wasting money abroad, stop refugees coming, become a low tax haven etc), all just ignoring the facts because none of them want to go "brick, maybe i DID get it wrong after all".

And as we can see, the people who voted for it, and their reasons (stop wasting money abroad, stop refugees coming, become a low tax haven etc), all just ignoring the facts because none of them want to go "brick, maybe i DID get it wrong after all".
Some have come about-face to be fair, mostly when it hurts them directly, but for others the backfire effect is on full display. Yeah it is boring, and I have to deal with the bloody thing a lot in work too, but Brexit is still fresh off the production line really. Not even a year in.

I think he is a one nation Tory but he will protect the very wealthy before middle England without a seconds thought and have you duped in to believing otherwise.
I don't want him to punish the successful - that's a terrible basis for economic planning.

I'd rather he neither taxed nor spent, and I still believe he is of the same view.

Some have come about-face to be fair, mostly when it hurts them directly, but for others the backfire effect is on full display. Yeah it is boring, and I have to deal with the bloody thing a lot in work too, but Brexit is still fresh off the production line really. Not even a year in.

I do not know anyone that voted for brexit that thinks it is bad. Now any mistakes the country makes we get to punish them by voting them out if we think they are worse then the other lot.

I think Brexit has shown how vindictive the Europeans are.

He's a Tory, so the agenda is thus: himself, his family and his spiv business mates and donors, Everone else can do one.

I don't want him to punish the successful - that's a terrible basis for economic planning.

I'd rather he neither taxed nor spent, and I still believe he is of the same view.

Love how you equate the accumulation of money with success, when normally luck, and a decent inheritance have a lot to do with it.

See they are still sad folks sulking about a vote they lost, you would think they had more important things to bitch about. :rolleyes:

See they are still sad folks sulking about a vote they lost, you would think they had more important things to bitch about. :rolleyes:

Dont think anyone's complaining "they lost" or "sulking". Is that just your standard answer when anyone brings anything up you don't agree with but can't actually offer an alternative? Have you tried, i dunno, countering the point they made with maybe an opposing position that has substance?

For example, if i was to say, we're facing a shortage of nurses that's exacerbated by Brexit, and the Royal College of Nurses backs this up with statistics from the official register, would you say that's sulking?

Or if i was to say, we're facing an exacerbated issue with regards to HGV drivers post brexit because road haulage associations and unions provided stats that around 14,000 EU lorry drivers left the UK post Brexit, leading to, i dunno, us having to basically change the rules and speed the process for HGV driving (who needs road safety with a 10 tonne vehicle anyway? damn lefties that's who), is the best point you can make back to someone on that... that they're sulking?

brilliant. really good views that. really enjoyed hearing why i'm wrong. great stuff. you should join a debating society, perhaps join BBC QT or something.

Dont think anyone's complaining "they lost" or "sulking". Is that just your standard answer when anyone brings anything up you don't agree with but can't actually offer an alternative? Have you tried, i dunno, countering the point they made with maybe an opposing position that has substance?

For example, if i was to say, we're facing a shortage of nurses that's exacerbated by Brexit, and the Royal College of Nurses backs this up with statistics from the official register, would you say that's sulking?

Or if i was to say, we're facing an exacerbated issue with regards to HGV drivers post brexit because road haulage associations and unions provided stats that around 14,000 EU lorry drivers left the UK post Brexit, leading to, i dunno, us having to basically change the rules and speed the process for HGV driving (who needs road safety with a 10 tonne vehicle anyway? damn lefties that's who), is the best point you can make back to someone on that... that they're sulking?

brilliant. really good views that. really enjoyed hearing why i'm wrong. great stuff. you should join a debating society, perhaps join BBC QT or something.

[emoji23]

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It be is amazing how entrenched Brexit makes people. It is almost as polar as Arsenal-Spurs, but not quite!

It is turning our more or less as predicted: few to no upsides so far and lots of small annoyances and downgrades to the UK.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Teething problems. Which actually highlights why brexit was a good thing, because the country was so in the grips of mass immigration that we relied on cheap foreign labour.

Now we can actually see how many nurses we need and put more in to training nurses, same with Lorry drivers.

Should mean that we can cut unemployment benefits right down.

You following Barnier's election bid in France at all mate. Nearly spat my tea out the other morning when I read his comments haha.

Back