• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dane Scarlett

No doubt he has talent, but he's just turned 17 and has only played 6 games at U-23 level (with 3 goals), let alone in a first team. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets more experience with our U-23s this year, then goes on loan next year if he looks ready to be playing with grown men week in week out.

No doubt he has talent, but he's just turned 17 and has only played 6 games at U-23 level (with 3 goals), let alone in a first team. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets more experience with our U-23s this year, then goes on loan next year if he looks ready to be playing with grown men week in week out.

Exactly. You compare that to Liam Delap who has played 20 games ( 23 goals) in the Emirates Marketing Project under 23 side.

Or we could play him in the conference league and give kane and son a rest.

Or we could play him in the conference league and give kane and son a rest.

Yeah I could see him getting some gametime there too. Personally I thought he looked out of his depth against Pacos, but it was only one match, and maybe still a good experience for him.

Yeah I could see him getting some gametime there too. Personally I thought he looked out of his depth against Pacos, but it was only one match, and maybe still a good experience for him.

We had senior players who looked out of their depth in that match. I’m sure Kane could relate to playing matches with no service just as Nuno stated.

This is why I asked if he needs a loan next year or whether he might just jump into our first team, a bit like Skipp but at a younger age. I know there’s the danger of overhyping him but he seems to know how to get involved in positive play.

We had senior players who looked out of their depth in that match. I’m sure Kane could relate to playing matches with no service just as Nuno stated.

This is why I asked if he needs a loan next year or whether he might just jump into our first team, a bit like Skipp but at a younger age. I know there’s the danger of overhyping him but he seems to know how to get involved in positive play.

A lot will depend on him. If he bangs in 10 goals in the cl this season you could argue he's ready.

Anyway no decision needs to be made just yet.

I thought that too, but as you say small sample size.

This kid needs regular game time at his age, not a few minutes off the bench here and there. Although we are not flush with strikers I do think he needs a loan.

A lot will depend on him. If he bangs in 10 goals in the cl this season you could argue he's ready.

Anyway no decision needs to be made just yet.
Of course, but it’s fun to speculate especially when there’s no club football going on. Every player follows their own trajectory so I don’t think it means much when I compare him to Greenwood or even Kane’s own breakthrough.

I thought that too, but as you say small sample size.

This kid needs regular game time at his age, not a few minutes off the bench here and there. Although we are not flush with strikers I do think he needs a loan.
Harry Kane got his first loan at 18 I think.

I don't think there's a rush at 17, and when we're in this conference thing there's at least the chance of a decent number of minutes during the first half of the season.

Harry Kane got his first loan at 18 I think.

I don't think there's a rush at 17, and when we're in this conference thing there's at least the chance of a decent number of minutes during the first half of the season.
What was right for Kane at that stage of his development may not be right for Scarlett, whose development is ahead of Kane in some respects IMO. In the Paco match, he didn't get much service to be fair, but to my eyes he still very much looked like a kid playing with adults. Regular game time, rather than limit appearances and time off the bench would stand him well at this point of his development. Even less than successful loans are development experiences that are worthy of the time. Just my opinion of course.

What was right for Kane at that stage of his development may not be right for Scarlett, whose development is ahead of Kane in some respects IMO. In the Paco match, he didn't get much service to be fair, but to my eyes he still very much looked like a kid playing with adults. Regular game time, rather than limit appearances and time off the bench would stand him well at this point of his development. Even less than successful loans are development experiences that are worthy of the time. Just my opinion of course.
100%
Fat Kane at 18 isn’t the player we see now
His path was right for him
Dane needs a path that’s right for him. It may or may not include a loan or 5

Agreed. But that goes both ways in terms of when a loan would be the right move for him doesn't it? Perhaps earlier, perhaps later.

Edit: I don't think he's looked like a kid playing with adults in any of his first team games (very limited other than the Pacos game of course). He's looked up for it physically, confident enough to do his thing and composed. Never looked like his first minutes, never looked awed or out of place.

I hope he gets a lot more minutes in the conference in the coming games.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a reality check for those who have been clamouring for him to start all the cup games. The kid is simply not ready for any level of senior competitive football at this time whether League Cup or Conference. He should not even be on the bench. Let him continue to train with the first team until the New Year then get him a loan with a League 1 (more likely 2) side.

As for those who were happy not signing a backup striker so we give chances to the kid.... no comment!!!!!

Yesterday was a reality check for those who have been clamouring for him to start all the cup games. The kid is simply not ready for any level of senior competitive football at this time whether League Cup or Conference. He should not even be on the bench. Let him continue to train with the first team until the New Year then get him a loan with a League 1 (more likely 2) side.

As for those who were happy not signing a backup striker so we give chances to the kid.... no comment!!!!!

Agreed.

In the cold light of day, considering it's known that Kane wants to leave it's actually criminally neglegent that he is our only real striker. I mean when you think about it, we have even LESS cover for him than we've had over the years now (save for rejigging the team and playing the likes of Son, Bergwijn or Moura in that role, when most of the time those three are not suited to it and have the talents they do have wasted when having to play there)...

In the two games he's played he's had no service. It's hard to judge him in a game where those around him are taking 3 or 4 extra touches every time and ignoring the runs he's made.
Kane has also struggled in the first few games with no service, last night he finally got service from Lo Celso and the difference was obvious.

I'm not saying he's ready to play in the Premier League but there's no harm in giving him a few run outs in the ECL

You kind of just did comment haha.

Back