• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rating out of 10 for the window?

Rating out of 10 for the window is...

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 7.1%

Votes: 14 16.5%

Votes: 40 47.1%

Votes: 22 25.9%

Votes: 2 2.4%

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
i rated it 8/10, maybe in hindsight it's a 7/10.

We can't afford to get a 10/10 window, and the clubs that can afford it like Chelsea still couldn't get Kounde deal done.

So, a good window, but it will take more than 1 window for Spurs to solve its problems. The lack of squad depth is frightening and some of the players on the bench, Winks, Doherty just won't cut the mustard.

That being said, have been pleased with the type of player we are bringing in, a lot of younger promising talent. And i think Nuno is a good coach, who will hopefully improve several players like Poch did. Dele is already looking like a machine for example.

I would have liked a creative midfielder, but without shifting Ndombele that won't happen. And another striker to support Kane, but a good start nonetheless.

Sky Sports News understands Aurier had interest from Watford, Real Betis, Spartak Moscow and Genoa but felt he should be playing at a higher level.

As far as I can remember there were other clubs also reported as interested. There's also reports that he wants to play in France.
Of course, as with all sports reporting, take it with a pinch of salt.

He wasn't as bad as made out and had cut down on the blunders he was making. In the game against Watford he would've been a better choice than Tanganga as he gives a lot more going forward.

I guess whatever is happening behind the scenes the club want shot of him and he's not being realistic about the level of a club that he's going to play at.
That Denis guy would have destroyed Aurier. Tangana didn’t have a good game going forward but he did ok against a very tricky forward who tore Villa apart the week before. Similar to Reguillon against Sarr. Watford will cause teams problem out wide and I think we coped well enough, that was down to the full backs.

Voted 5 myself but it's all up in the air at the moment. First of all, I'm not sure the ratings would be that good if we were in lower mid-table right now. Also, I don't really understand the obsession with clearing wages: it's only relevant if you use that money to sign new/better players. Hopefully, we will do so in the future but we haven't done that at the moment.

As for the players themselves, I haven't seen enough of them to form an opinion. 50m for Romero seems a bit expensive to me but that's more of an inuition at this stage.

I wish we'd signed a playmaking midfielder so I'm a bit disappointed on that front. We also look vulnerable to injuries, except at right-back. If we avoid injuries and we keep on winning, this window will be great in hindsight as it could give us options in a year's time. If Kane and/or Son get injured in December, our season's probably over. It could go either way at the moment but I have been neither impressed nor disappointed with so our signings, so I guess it's a 5 for me.

Would be extremely surprised if Nuno goes away from the Skipp/Hojbjerg double pivot, especially if it continues to show its solidity in the next few games
Agreed. While we're still getting used to Nuno and what he wants, that duo give licence to what appears to be two attacking full backs.

7 for transfers out - wanted to ship out Ndombele, Dier, Sanchez & Davies

5 for transfers in - Should have signed another CB, a CM and a CF.

Total of 13 / 20 = 6.5

It was never going to be perfect but much of the deadwood clearing has been done and some key positions have been addressed for now and perhaps the future.

So a backup ST/AM combo type player and a creative CM would have been great, but other than that I think we addressed the key problem areas of CB and RB. One thing to keep in mind is that Nuno will probably have two different XIs with little overlap: one for the PL and one for ECL, FA, EFL. So far, with the exception of bringing in Kane in the 3rd match of the season, he has played the same starting XI in every PL match. And my hunch is he will continue to do so. This alone could make a huge difference in terms of the team's performance. No more chopping and changing every game, like Jose did. Rather, a settled starting XI playing week in and week out. It's this kind of continuity that helped Leicester and Chelsea win the league in 2016 and 2017. And although it may not win us the league this year, it could help in us getting top 4. With CL football and the revenue spigot from the new stadium opened up again, next summer's window could be the one that gets us over the top.

Back