• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Rebuild

Well Wolves ran United fudging ragged today and City had 81% possession against the Scum (91% in 2nd half), so our midfield doesn't seem that bad.

That said, I think most of us (and probably Nuno) don't think PEH, Skipp, Dele is the answer.

We need an addition (not sure it will be this window) and we need Lo Celso ready and either Ndombele back in, or his replacement as an option (assuming he doesn't leave without an in).
I guarantee there are Cms in the arsenal team that some of our fans would take …

Sarr -18
Gil - 20
Skip - 21
Tanganga - 22
Romero - 23
Rodon - 23
Bergwijn - 24
Reguilon - 24
Ndombele - 24
Lo Celso - 25
Dele - 25
PEH -26
Gollini - 26
Sanchez -25

Emerson coming in would be 22

Plus the senior players in Son, Kane, Lucas & Lloris

Could be a very interesting squad (with a couple more additions) next season (with coaching and experience behind them)

Clearly a push to bring the squad age back down and profile of player to younger/promising options.

Sarr -18
Gil - 20
Skip - 21
Tanganga - 22
Romero - 23
Rodon - 23
Bergwijn - 24
Reguilon - 24
Ndombele - 24
Lo Celso - 25
Dele - 25
PEH -26
Gollini - 26
Sanchez -25

Could be a very interesting squad (with a couple more additions) next season (with coaching and experience behind them)

Clearly a push to bring the squad age back down and profile of player to younger/promising options.
And find solutions that won't actually be solutions for another 6-12-18 months, but with the potential to be real solutions if they flourish. I think it's the only real option for real progression at this point.

We had too many problems and not enough money to fix everything quickly.

The worry of course is that it doesn't work out for too many of them, or that they only start really performing at a time when the established players at have are on a downwards trajectory or gone because of a lack of shorter term results. But again, I don't see a different strategy as a good option.

Sarr -18
Gil - 20
Skip - 21
Tanganga - 22
Romero - 23
Rodon - 23
Bergwijn - 24
Reguilon - 24
Ndombele - 24
Lo Celso - 25
Dele - 25
PEH -26
Gollini - 26
Sanchez -25

Its good to see, we needed a clear our and fresh start and it looks like we have started to do that. Work in progress and i am happy to see it after the last couple of seasons.

Its good to see, we needed a clear our and fresh start and it looks like we have started to do that. Work in progress and i am happy to see it after the last couple of seasons.
My mates seem to think it needs to be done in one window
They can’t understand that it takes time

My mates seem to think it needs to be done in one window
They can’t understand that it takes time

No disrespect to your mates at all but there are many fans who think Rome can be built in a day. The truth is that a lot of our squad generally over the last couple of seasons have been stealing a living and as several of us said we needed a clear out and changing the mentality of several players. We have started that process this summer but it will not be done over one transfer window. I keep reading on here and elsewhere that some fans think we have had a poor window and are allready moaning about that process.

I guess its a sign of the times but its sad to see that some are living " i want it and i want it NOW" We are a work in progress ( which as i have said many of us believed it needed doing) but its obvious that some believe it can be done overnight. Sad.

No disrespect to your mates at all but there are many fans who think Rome can be built in a day. The truth is that a lot of our squad generally over the last couple of seasons have been stealing a living and as several of us said we needed a clear out and changing the mentality of several players. We have started that process this summer but it will not be done over one transfer window. I keep reading on here and elsewhere that some fans think we have had a poor window and are allready moaning about that process.

I guess its a sign of the times but its sad to see that some are living " i want it and i want it NOW" We are a work in progress ( which as i have said many of us believed it needed doing) but its obvious that some believe it can be done overnight. Sad.

If you'd have said to them at the beginning of the window we'd bring in 5 players and keep kane. They'd have ripped your arm off.

Have a look on sc itk discussion. You'd think the world was ending.

In fairness the rebuild has been an ongoing process since it was first called for at the end of the 18/19 season - that said with a new manager, new DoF and with the outside circumstances being what they are, it was always going to be a push to get everything wrapped up this window.

Looking at the activity at other clubs, this is a particularly difficult window.

We were never going to get it all wrapped up in this window.

Some have been criticised for moaning but for all those moaning there have been plenty of over the top posts on Spurs social media about it being a great window and we are back in with a chance at top 4.

It’s somewhere in the middle. Still got plenty of deadwood. As have we made a couple of hopefully good signings in Gil and Romero.

Think if we add Ederson then Nuno will try to set us up a bit like Liverpool. All our width from Full back and a very workmanlike midfield three.

Will be a transitional season. And as I said in Transfer thread I think a 7/8 place finish is what we are looking at.

Still feel we are short a couple of players. Moaning or not it’s pretty clear to me. And any injury’s could be very costly as so reliant on a couple of players.

I'm mostly happy with those players we have managed to move on, which my biggest issue with the squad. Just to much deadwood that had been allowed to congregate. It's a great start to manage to move some of them on. Hopefully the winter window and summer continues that trend.

If you'd have said to them at the beginning of the window we'd bring in 5 players and keep kane. They'd have ripped your arm off.

Have a look on sc itk discussion. You'd think the world was ending.

Full of brain dead macarons sucking off the so called ITK, i despair that they are actually folks around who believe any of the brick they post.

So, window is closed, final tally

- Hart, Toby, Lamela, Aurier, Sissoko, Foyth, Cirkin, Gazza, Rose, Bale, Vini gone (11), Loans for CCV, Parrott, Etete, Whiteman
- Gollini, Romero, Emerson, Gil, Sarr (4) in, plus Skipp & Sessegnon returning
- Son & Kane staying is a big part

I'd say as an observation

- Club had focused on bring squad age down, and getting rid of fringe players who have been here too long
- We have probably accepted this season is a rebuild, so went for promising talent (money probably a consideration as well)

Nuno is going to have to compensate for lack of backup striker and potential creativity problem in CM (depends on Lo Celso/Ndombele)

Paratici started well, but he's going to have to figure out a January deal or two.

Feels weird that we’re leaving the window with three full backs still on each side. Could point towards three at the back, with Tanganga and Davies as CBs. Seems doubtful though, as we’ve barely played it so far. If so, personally I wouldn’t mind seeing Tanganga and Sessegnon both go on loan - think they need to be starting week in week out somewhere.

Feels weird that we’re leaving the window with three full backs still on each side. Could point towards three at the back, with Tanganga and Davies as CBs. Seems doubtful though, as we’ve barely played it so far. If so, personally I wouldn’t mind seeing Tanganga and Sessegnon both go on loan - think they need to be starting week in week out somewhere.

I think Sess heads out after group stage in Europe

Doherty will probably just see very little game time.

So, window is closed, final tally

- Hart, Toby, Lamela, Aurier, Sissoko, Foyth, Cirkin, Gazza, Rose, Bale, Vini gone (11), Loans for CCV, Parrott, Etete, Whiteman

Jeez when you see that written down, really has been a good clear out that was long overdue.

As some have said it was never going to be in one window. It will be over the next 2 to 3 windows. This year we aren't winning the league, clearly. Even if we don't get top 4 (which should be the aim) we need to be in the running. Kane looks like he could be off next year instead now, but Mbappe, Haaland then become available so less likelier than it looked at the start of this window. The only issue in us not getting top 4 is that it makes the likes of Kane likely to go. Son will stay and the rest of our squad arent exactly world class so shouldnt be saying they want CL to stay.

We will have that Sarr to come in next season so Winks will be likely to go which is another deadwood out.

The future is bright, the present is going to be tough but interesting I think.

I guess that was Ben Foster? He must think he is very famous to not introduce himself... took me most of the video to remember his name!

I don’t know about that. It’s his video channel on YouTube, so for most people watching his videos, he won’t need to introduce himself. He also has the ‘self given’ title of the Cycling GK, as that’s one of his passions away from football.

Back