• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

Does he speak English? In his 'joyful' tweet he is speaking Portuguese, will mesh nicely with Nuno and Lucas Moura and somewhat Dier I guess - probably decent Spanish too

I believe Emerson will be a coup for us - and unlike some of the other blokes I've been wrong about in the past (Ndombele, for one), this guy's got all the qualities to succeed in the Prem. Decently fast, physical, aggressive, and a hard worker on and off the pitch.

You don' t need to be the most technically adept to be a success in the PL - you do at Barca, which is probably why they were open to letting him go. But in the Prem, what matters is winning the physical duels and having enough technique to escape the press - and he has the ability to do both.

Him and Romero were great deals for a club in the bloody Intertoto Cup MkII, tbh. :p Welcome to Spurs, lad.

Does he speak English? In his 'joyful' tweet he is speaking Portuguese, will mesh nicely with Nuno and Lucas Moura and somewhat Dier I guess - probably decent Spanish too

Technically we could build an entire five-man backline of blokes who speak Spanish - Emerson, Sanchez, Romero, Dier, Reggy. Lloris does too.

He'll be fine. Plus Lucas is around to teach him English. :p

Plus our manager is Portuguese, which is what they speak in Brazil..

Technically we could build an entire five-man backline of blokes who speak Spanish - Emerson, Sanchez, Romero, Dier, Reggy. Lloris does too.

He'll be fine. Plus Lucas is around to teach him English. :p

I believe Emerson will be a coup for us - and unlike some of the other blokes I've been wrong about in the past (Ndombele, for one), this guy's got all the qualities to succeed in the Prem. Decently fast, physical, aggressive, and a hard worker on and off the pitch.

You don' t need to be the most technically adept to be a success in the PL - you do at Barca, which is probably why they were open to letting him go. But in the Prem, what matters is winning the physical duels and having enough technique to escape the press - and he has the ability to do both.

Him and Romero were great deals for a club in the bloody Intertoto Cup MkII, tbh. [emoji14] Welcome to Spurs, lad.
Cheers Dubai. Sounds promising. Still young and should have the potential to keep developing. Walker, Rose and many other full backs that ended up really good weren't exactly superstars at that age.

Seems like a high intensity, fairly aggressive player, but without being rash or reckless? Just based on stats and some YouTube videos. Do you share that opinion?

Fairly strong one on one defender despite not being incredibly quick? (another impression I'm curious about your views on).

Nuno and/or Paratici seems to want quite a lot of intensity and aggression into the team based on the players we're signing. Even Gil looks like he's happy to play with some intensity, pressures, tackles. And he's a 20 year old technical player that isn't particularly physical.

Cheers Dubai. Sounds promising. Still young and should have the potential to keep developing. Walker, Rose and many other full backs that ended up really good weren't exactly superstars at that age.

Seems like a high intensity, fairly aggressive player, but without being rash or reckless? Just based on stats and some YouTube videos. Do you share that opinion?

Fairly strong one on one defender despite not being incredibly quick? (another impression I'm curious about your views on).

Nuno and/or Paratici seems to want quite a lot of intensity and aggression into the team based on the players we're signing. Even Gil looks like he's happy to play with some intensity, pressures, tackles. And he's a 20 year old technical player that isn't particularly physical.
As I watched one of the videos of him, I was a bit underwhelmed with him. Thought he wasnt skilful and looked a bit rash. But then as the videos went on, I saw that he never took his eyes of the ball, loved a tackle, actually was quite skillful (but in a Sissoko clumsy kind of way), strong and put in a good number of decent crosses. When was the last time we had a decent crosser of the ball on the right? Both Aurier and Doherty were useless and seemed to chose the wrong pass/cross. It also looks like he does the simple stuff sometimes too and gets rid of the ball or pokes it off a player for a throw in.

I think we will be impressed by him, he simply has to be an upgrade on Doherty, which in my opinion, is a plus. Although setting the bar that low, it isn't much of an achievement to beat that.

I decided to review the betisweb fans forum on this guy and when you get past the 20 pages of selling percentages and ownership rights you can see quite a lot of their fans like him, rate him as the best right back they have seen at their club and very disappointed he was going back to barca. Fast and powerful with good 1 on 1 defensive abilities stand out.

Interestingly he was pushed forward more for the last half of the season and they complain that he can get caught out of position and does not cross the ball early enough. However, and as with every forum, there was a couple of fans that continually don't rate him (and like here, their presence goes missing when he has a good game).

To me, (albeit based on youtube videos) he looks like the brazillian Wan Bissaka or dare i say it Walker in his early days with strength and great recovery speed which is not a bad thing imho.

Looking forward to watching him playing for us...

COYS

Last edited:
cant believe we paid the €300m release clause. Levy really has changed. 29 days ago...

E-I8bjwXsAIZHhp.jpg:large

Back