• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tomiyasu Takehiro

Because Jose refused to play Roden. When you have 5 centre backs and you are playing with a back 4 you will have at least one very unhappy centre back
This for me too.

Anyone content with being 5th choice won't be good enough if called upon anyway.

Anyone young enough to accept a role like that won't get enough games, or will overtake one of the others making someone else unhappy.

Unless there's a King/Woodgate situation where one or more of your centre backs is permanently expected to have serious injury problems 4 should be the number.

Could rotate to get enough minutes to 5 centre backs, would be possible. But then you have no consistency or developing partnerships at the back, in itself a good way to fail.

As a RB, I think Emerson is a better option. I would have liked Tomiyasu in and Dier/Sanchez out but they’ve both started the season well so better the devil you know?

Sounds like he offers similar to Tanganga, defensive RB/CB. Guess we wanted a more attacking option there?

no doubt that if we wanted him he’d be ours though.

We had deal in place ages ago for him, if we wanted him we would have signed him but we have pulled the trigger on Romero who is a better CB and this more attacking RB so clearly we felt there were better options. We can’t sign them all….

I bet more Japanese would come over to watch one of their own play then Brazilians would to watch one of their own.

Massive own goal by Levy again.

Wanted this guy from the start, who knows who will be the better buy? We wanted Tomi, they wanted Royal, we go for Royal they go for Tomi.

Could be sexy, but let's see.

We had deal in place ages ago for him, if we wanted him we would have signed him but we have pulled the trigger on Romero who is a better CB and this more attacking RB so clearly we felt there were better options. We can’t sign them all….
we could have sold a few... not difficult to upgrade on some

So weird to see how desperate the Mirror are to be anti-Spurs and pro-Arsenal by claiming that our plans have backfired and Arsenal have got one over on us.
Because we've opted to get a different right-back from Barcelona and allowed Arsenal to get another guy we were looking at.

I don't get it

So weird to see how desperate the Mirror are to be anti-Spurs and pro-Arsenal by claiming that our plans have backfired and Arsenal have got one over on us.
Because we've opted to get a different right-back from Barcelona and allowed Arsenal to get another guy we were looking at.

I don't get it

Clicks

Makes more business sense to go for Takehiro.

I find it funny that the club (& Levy) are being criticised for making the less “commercial” decision, when many would usually say that’s all they’re interested in.

It feels like we started the window looking for a RB that could also cover CB and were planning to send Tanganga out on loan, then he’s impressed enough for us to think again and prioritise an attacking RB/WB instead.

Back