• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

Why we so down on this player?

Good age, played a good number of games over 2 seasons for Betis, who are generally a decent team.

And of course, has anyone watched any of those games?

(Even started playing for his national team)
Because he's dogbrick!! There were several players ahead of him in the pecking order that was topped by fudging Semedo, and Semedo we all know is utter crap!
Alan Hutton would be better. Not Prime Alan Hutton, current Alan Hutton!

Because he's dogbrick!! There were several players ahead of him in the pecking order that was topped by fudging Semedo, and Semedo we all know is utter crap!
Alan Hutton would be better. Not Prime Alan Hutton, current Alan Hutton!
Would you mind expanding a bit on your opinion? How much have you seen him play, what exactly is he so poor at, what do you see as his strengths?

Semedo went to Wolves last summer, no? So left when Emerson was 21 and sent back out on loan. Not sure being behind Semedo, and out on loan, at an age of 19-21 as a right back says much about anything really.

Why we so down on this player?

Good age, played a good number of games over 2 seasons for Betis, who are generally a decent team.

And of course, has anyone watched any of those games?

(Even started playing for his national team)
Barcas recruitment isn't exactly good, to put it mildly! We're talking about a club that needed a right back and spent €35 on Aleix Vidal! Took them 18 months to figure out that he wasn't actually a right back.

Barcas recruitment isn't exactly good, to put it mildly! We're talking about a club that needed a right back and spent €35 on Aleix Vidal! Took them 18 months to figure out that he wasn't actually a right back.

He's been playing first choice for Betis for the past 2 seasons on loan though - Barca's recruitment policy being good or bad is neither here nor there

Would you mind expanding a bit on your opinion? How much have you seen him play, what exactly is he so poor at, what do you see as his strengths?

Semedo went to Wolves last summer, no? So left when Emerson was 21 and sent back out on loan. Not sure being behind Semedo, and out on loan, at an age of 19-21 as a right back says much about anything really.
What I'd give him, is that he's fairly quick and good ball control. Otherwise average. I'll admit that I didn't watch Betis much in the last half of last season, but unless he had an incredible development, I just dont think he's suited for the Premier league. Often switched completely off, and caught ball watching. Would be very happy to be wrong though!

Looks clumsy and a bit slow to me in the footage I've seen, strong though. But I also thought Brian Gills YouTube footage was boring. I'm sure Aurier and Doherty look world glass in theirs. Never heard of the chap. But I'm sure the professionals at the club know what their doing.

Looks clumsy and a bit slow to me in the footage I've seen, strong though. But I also thought Brian Gills YouTube footage was boring. I'm sure Aurier and Doherty look world glass in theirs. Never heard of the chap. But I'm sure the professionals at the club know what their doing.
He's decently quick, once he gets up to speed. But he's a bit Doherty like. His brain writes out cheques his ability can't cash out. Tries the "right" things, does not mange to actually execute it. That's what I saw of him last year. Hopefully he's improved massively.

On another note, he was/is wanted by Arsenal, so I'd take him just to tinkle them off.
You can't slam a player because of Barcelona's transfer strategy at one moment then say that we should sign a player Arsenal want on the next [emoji6]

On a serious note I appreciate you expanding on your opinion. Hopefully he's taken steps from what you've seen if we're actually after him.

This has to mean at least one of the three current options is off, even then not sure what appetite one of the remaining two would have to be third choice?

Hopefully it is as well as, as opposed to instead of the other areas that still feel weaker than last season.

This has to mean at least one of the three current options is off, even then not sure what appetite one of the remaining two would have to be third choice?

Hopefully it is as well as, as opposed to instead of the other areas that still feel weaker than last season.
I don't think Aurier gives a brick. Money for nothing for a year

Back