• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

He is a player who took a lot of unfair stick from some over the last year or two, he was still fairly young for a CB and its good to see him looking a better player. Lets hope he can keep it up.

Interesting he cleared a ball today where he was behind the attacker, pretty high up the pitch, attacker's back to him, and the ball came in, Sanchez stuck a leg out around the attacker and cleared the ball, something I've seen Romero do in almost every highlight reel, nice if he's learning something from a much more aggressive CB.

All in all, if he really turns it around, kudos to him, lot of character to bring it back, everyone had written the guy off.

I thought he looked so good and confident out there. This feels a bit like hyperbole due to the fact it was 'only' Watford (who nonetheless played pretty well), but his game yesterday combined the best bits of Ledley (interceptions, pace, srong in the air, dominated every opponnent) and Toby (those diagonals!!).

Keep it up Davinson.

Interesting he cleared a ball today where he was behind the attacker, pretty high up the pitch, attacker's back to him, and the ball came in, Sanchez stuck a leg out around the attacker and cleared the ball, something I've seen Romero do in almost every highlight reel, nice if he's learning something from a much more aggressive CB.

If I recall correctly, that was a Vertonghen hallmark.

Yesterday in the second half I'm sure he made a driven 30 yard pass on the deck to Kane, its the type of pass I've can't remember him ever trying before. Confidence might be growing.

From looking at random Colombian football accounts on twitter it sounds like he playing in the first two game for Colombia.

Who do we play alongside Dier against Palace? Romero and Sanchez both out. Rodon stil injured.
Tanganga back to centre half where he belongs?

I thought he looked so good and confident out there. This feels a bit like hyperbole due to the fact it was 'only' Watford (who nonetheless played pretty well), but his game yesterday combined the best bits of Ledley (interceptions, pace, srong in the air, dominated every opponnent) and Toby (those diagonals!!).

Keep it up Davinson.

Strong in the air AND Sanchez in the same paragraph. I didn’t think that I’d see the day. Well done to him, he has clearly worked hard and made that step up performance wise. We have all hoped that he can do that, so maybe now he has shown that he can. I’d love it if now the crowd fully gets behind him in appreciation* and helps him to maintain this form.

* we ought to get behind all of our players, good or bad, as they are our team. But. I know that doesn’t always happen. But it should.

True but Manure players still stayed at home, with the Uruguay FA actually rescinding Cavani's call up

And we pay the wages...

Anyone know if Sanchez has traveled? Would be a shame to lose him for the Palace game.
I’d be surprised if any of the premier league players did hotel quarantine, if they go. They’ll probably try and go to another country for 2 weeks so they don’t get stuck in a room for 10 days.

He is a player who took a lot of unfair stick from some over the last year or two, he was still fairly young for a CB and its good to see him looking a better player. Lets hope he can keep it up.

I don’t think it was unfair. His performance levels dropped to well below what was expected of him and I’d imagine what he would expect from himself. On the flip side he is now getting praise for turning it around. I’ll be honest and say I have my doubts over whether both him and Dier can sustain this form in the long term but who knows, maybe a new coach can reverse both of their fortunes. Will be interesting to see who partners Romero going forward as I’m pretty sure we didn’t spend all that money on him to sit on the bench.

Reactions: DTA
From looking at random Colombian football accounts on twitter it sounds like he playing in the first two game for Colombia.

Who do we play alongside Dier against Palace? Romero and Sanchez both out. Rodon stil injured.
Tanganga back to centre half where he belongs?
Tanganga or Davies I guess

Anyone know if Sanchez has traveled? Would be a shame to lose him for the Palace game.
I’d be surprised if any of the premier league players did hotel quarantine, if they go. They’ll probably try and go to another country for 2 weeks so they don’t get stuck in a room for 10 days.
Croatian island probably.

Back