• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

It is amazing that Lennon played for 10 seasons at Spurs. He is actually one of our longest serving player in the PL era. Remember, we bought him when he was 17 and he broke into the first team almost immediately and he became a key player for us. Unfortunately, Lennon never really fulfilled his real potential. His main weakness was lack of goals and assists. He would have been a much better player for us if he had improved his crosses and shots. I think he was let down by lack of discipline off the field. It didn't help that he had to play under 6 different managers at Spurs. It is surprising that he chose to stay at Spurs for so long despite us only winning the 2008 League Cup during those years.

He needed a full head of steam and open space to be effective. When we played with overlapping full backs, his required space was removed and his effectiveness waned. Also under AVB, we stopped playing with traditional wingers and Lennon could not adapt into this system as an outside forward.

He needed a full head of steam and open space to be effective. When we played with overlapping full backs, his required space was removed and his effectiveness waned. Also under AVB, we stopped playing with traditional wingers and Lennon could not adapt into this system as an outside forward.

He played well with Corluka behind him.

That's because he rarely scored / scored the third goal in a 3-0 win... presumably?
He also mis-hit a lot of crosses, failed to track back several times and had a mental breakdown. I prefer to think of the happier times, like his cross for Crouchie against Milan.

Still going - made a beautiful pass through from his centre circle for a goal. Next few minutes he sprinted 50yds to not receive a pass.

River runs from Kayserispor to Istanbul. Now HT - bushy beard but distinctive running style

Azza was an interesting one

- Early part of his career, he had that get the crowd on their feet excitement every time he got the ball out wide
- He definitely was part of that group of players that moved Spurs from dross -> best of the rest (outside Sky 4)
- Best parts of his career were based around partnerships, with Charlie wide or when he would cut back passes to JD

I do think he could have been something more, combination of the quality of our team, lack of a system/tactics that could have better leveraged him, mental health concerns did hold him back from last step.

Still thinking about his running style makes me smile ..

I recall his selection for England pre-world cup, and the supporters really getting excited - which must have worried the opposition. Among all the golden generation, he was eager to go past people. Alas, limited time in the competition itself.

Back