• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

Winks apparently has previous here. Aurier? Surely has to be someone on his way out and I can’t imagine the Brothers Kane would bungle this again.
The Winks rumours never really rung true to me, he just doesn’t come across as the type to brick stir? Seems a lovely lad.

A journalist who heard the Nuno quote "it is not my job to convince players to play for Tottenham" then ran the story "Nuno asks players if they want to play for Tottenham"

Charlie Wyett@ CharlieWyett
Football editor at The Sun - all you need to know

Indeed, just another wanabee on Tw a tter stiring the brick and sad to say some fans reading too much into it.

beyond a shadow of a doubt, mourinho would have briefed nuno on his experience with the spurs players
sure nuno will make up his own mind and if it aligns with mourinho, things can happen quickly.

After the start we have had, the boost of H staying, the way the defense are ACTUALLY defending - I do wonder if we can be a bit of a surprise Package this season.

Generally I try to look on the positive side but the last 18 months of Mourinho left me cold towards Spurs and football in general.

I like NES, I liked him at Wolves, he general demeanour - he seems to have a quiet, steely side to him. I feel we are in safe hands, like I did when Poch joined (and I was initially sceptical then too).

I am now quite interested to see how this season pans out.

On a side note, I really hope Arsenal stick with Arteta because he is fudging awful. I think its already mathematically impossible for them to finish above us

After the start we have had, the boost of H staying, the way the defense are ACTUALLY defending - I do wonder if we can be a bit of a surprise Package this season.

Generally I try to look on the positive side but the last 18 months of Mourinho left me cold towards Spurs and football in general.

I like NES, I liked him at Wolves, he general demeanour - he seems to have a quiet, steely side to him. I feel we are in safe hands, like I did when Poch joined (and I was initially sceptical then too).

I am now quite interested to see how this season pans out.

On a side note, I really hope Arsenal stick with Arteta because he is fudging awful. I think its already mathematically impossible for them to finish above us
Got a good start, couple of good performances. Got the results in both league games that honestly could have gone either way, but getting the points at a time of instability and a new manager will hopefully give the players a boost and help the work going forward.

Difficult to judge the potential of this team and this team under Nuno, but the early signs are quite good and he's strikes me as at the very least someone that will steady the ship and move us in a good direction.

Having a DoF in that seems to focus on younger players, with a track record of being good at that and early signs of getting some decisions right makes me even more optimistic for the slightly longer term.

Hopefully Nuno, Paratici and Levy are all more or less in agreement on the direction going forward.

Not back tracking as most of you know I defended mourinho to the hilt .... early doors but it seems like he is already getting better out of the current crop of players along with the uncertainty of kane.

Fair play to him.

Let's see as always how this pans put.

Just wanted to add. Great decision to send a much weaker squad to Portugal for the first leg. We looked really fresh against Wolves and improved in the last part of the game while they faded. Travelling and playing mid week perhaps wouldn't have made a big difference, but it could have made enough of a difference.

Then cruise control second leg, again with quite heavy rotation from the start.

Well done Nuno.

“What we will try to achieve is very difficult, it’s to be perfect, so imagine how far we are from that.”

This guy has got something about him. My Wolves supporting boss said we’ll fall in love with him like Poch because he is a similarly inspirational figure, and I totally get it. He’s got a glint in his eye, he has fantastic charisma, and he’s just crazy enough that you can imagine setting lofty goals for the players, but them fully believing they can achieve what he says they can.

Back