• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Amazing that 20 years and over a trillion later it's almost back where it started.
It was amazingly predictable. If the US had stayed another 20 years and spent another trillion it would still be an absolute mess because it is not really a "country" it is a bunch of local warlords with their own regions and aims.
The US were trying to train an Afghani army but loads of those guys didn't really want to fight, they just wanted to be paid as they otherwise starve. Many don't want to fight their countrymen and will simply defect.

I listed several examples about two pages back. To be honest you'd probably get your head kick in if you went up north.
Ah, ok - spotted it.

I'll take your example of Libya as it was first. As you can see below, that's pretty fudging impressive. Screw refugee status, these people should be given citizenship and sent straight to the Olympics for GB (I assume they do rowing in the Olympics?)

Screenshot_20210818-001429_Chrome.jpg

Ah, ok - spotted it.

I'll take your example of Libya as it was first. As you can see below, that's pretty fudging impressive. Screw refugee status, these people should be given citizenship and sent straight to the Olympics for GB (I assume they do rowing in the Olympics?)

View attachment 12529

I'm surprised your far right friends in Italy haven't updated you with the typical travel itineraries of Libyan refugees. They tend to travel across the Med and then head up to Calais overland.

I'm surprised your far right friends in Italy haven't updated you with the typical travel itineraries of Libyan refugees. They tend to travel across the Med and then head up to Calais overland.
Ah, so they're fleeing France then?

You know what? I think they're actually coming from a place I could go quite safely.

Trump may have started it but Biden ran with it. Even Obama has said how bad he mucked up. I am amazed at how little criticism he has got on here.

10,000 Troops would have kept it safe, they have more then that in South Korea. With diplomacy he could have got the brits and Europeans to send troops and give the west a stable country in the region.

Trump may have started it but Biden ran with it. Even Obama has said how bad he mucked up. I am amazed at how little criticism he has got on here.

10,000 Troops would have kept it safe, they have more then that in South Korea. With diplomacy he could have got the brits and Europeans to send troops and give the west a stable country in the region.

Obama has been criticised, not read this article yet but headlines seem to line up with the criticism posted on here - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ama-iconography-obscured-omissions-pete-souza

So the president the leader of the free world does not even know whether his son served in the army or where.

GHod how can people defend him or be silent on him. The leader of the free world in the time of crisis can not even string a sentence together. I thought we were done with that when the last one went.

Now Bloomberg reporting the president Read cables saying that things would deteriorate quickly. Also that they told the UK government that it would still be a safe country.

So little criticism of him though, mysterious.

thing is, there's civil wars going on in several african countries right now, no-one cares, what is so special about afghanistan anyway, its not as if it has any oil;)

Now Bloomberg reporting the president Read cables saying that things would deteriorate quickly. Also that they told the UK government that it would still be a safe country.

So little criticism of him though, mysterious.

I hear you but i also think a lot of people are still grateful every day they wake up and don't have to read about what trump thinks of this, that and the other. Having someone in power who has compassion, intelligence and experience is how it should be. I don't want to have to worry about US politics to be honest. There's other things to worry about in life but when trump was in charge, we were literally watching extreme idiocy play out in the highest stakes game. There wouldn't be 625,000 dead Americans if he took the Covid thing seriously or had a scooby how to deal with it. Biden's honeymoon period is coming to an end but I'm still glad he's there and as Scara says it won't be a two term presidency, Kamala Harris will get the job as soon as he trips over coming down the steps of Air Force 1.

There is a lot of noise about them finally taking the capital, they held large swathes of Afghanistan anyway, and similarly minded warlords held most of the rest of the country. The govt really only had Kabul since the foreign armies had scaled operations back. The Taliban are not good however it is a nuanced situation with a population, outside the metropolitan bubble of Kabul, who broadly support them. The next few months are going to be interesting to see if they do mellow and relax on their hardline opinions, or if they continue on like the French and dictate what women can and cannot wear.

The next few months are going to be interesting to see if they do mellow and relax on their hardline opinions, or if they continue on like the French and dictate what women can and cannot wear.
You think their magic, imaginary, cloud fairy might have found a new paedophile through whom he can pass messages about hating Jews and gays, but forgot the bit about subjugating women in some kind of admin error?

Back