• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

He isn't the player so many of us desperately want him to be. He's bang average as a pure CM, his best attributes are utilised close to goal. In a match like today where we have little of the ball and no control it doesn't allow him presence to do what he does best and he doesn't contribute to keeping possession or setting any kind of tempo.

I feel like we have some good CMs individually but none of them seem particularly well matched and it always seems to be a struggle to get a balanced midfield on the pitch.

He can run all day and usually kicks the ball near the goal. He is a 7 out of 10 type player who only does well in one distinct system. He is not for me a starter but an impact sub.

He's bang average as a pure CM
A lot of performance is down to confidence. If Dele gets his goal-scoring back, he will be anything BUT bang average. He will revert to the superstar he was 3 years ago, but in a different role. First goal for over a year and has the balls to take a pen. I'm looking forward to seeing Dele's return to being a top top player.

Another really excellent display from Dele today. Massive amount of effort, running and running and running and linking up well when he had chance, got into the box a few times, won the penalty, scored the penalty, almost got a second, tackled and tackled and tackled and tackled... what more can he do, really good display.

Skipp then should probably be PEH understudy?

Lo Celso in his place when up to speed? Sign another cm if Ndombele ain’t interested.

Pretty much in some games anyway, I hope Lo Celso can find some form and stay fit ( he does seem to have injury problems). I know our defense has come in for a lot of stick over the last season ( some of it deserved) or two but for me we have lacked a consistent and regular CM pairing and that has left them wide open far to often.

He is currently doing a job in a role that isn't his best position. While the squad gets looked at it's great for him to find his touch and form with the addition of winning and scoring a penalty that got us 3 points today.

Pretty much in some games anyway, I hope Lo Celso can find some form and stay fit ( he does seem to have injury problems). I know our defense has come in for a lot of stick over the last season ( some of it deserved) or two but for me we have lacked a consistent and regular CM pairing and that has left them wide open far to often.

The lad from Brighton would do the trick perfectly, need to free up some space though.

we will definitely need more creative play than steel at home to Watford.

He is currently doing a job in a role that isn't his best position. While the squad gets looked at it's great for him to find his touch and form with the addition of winning and scoring a penalty that got us 3 points today.

he’s done some hard graft over the summer and has worked his gonads off in our first two games.

think we are all really pleased with him.

hate the hair though.

He's (Dele) done it again. 11.05km. Skipp 10.69km, Hojbjerg 10.25km. Nobody else over 10. Dele with the highest average speed of all the starters as well. He is, as Nuno says, 'a runner'.

Stolen from somewhere

He is busting a nut and that's the starting point for any player. It's encouraging. But I'm a little worried at some of the media coverage which would make you think he's back to being the Dele of old (Ian Wright last night, Crooks with his team of the week). Dele still has a distance to go before he's anywhere near his potential. Can't fault the lad so far - I've been impressed with how he's gone about things. But he has a long way to go still.

Back