• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

1 major injury, 2 moderate and a bunch of niggles in 6 seasons. We've had worse!

If we're getting £20m with Tolisso, I'd take that for Ndombele and then use the cash for another attacker. Main reason is that if Ndombele doesnt play much this season his value is only going to go down and we might be in a position where there aren't any offers for him at all next summer

1 major injury, 2 moderate and a bunch of niggles in 6 seasons. We've had worse!

If we're getting £20m with Tolisso, I'd take that for Ndombele and then use the cash for another attacker. Main reason is that if Ndombele doesnt play much this season his value is only going to go down and we might be in a position where there aren't any offers for him at all next summer

We have 10 days to find a better deal.

You don't spend according to ambition. You spend within your means. Could we have spent more? Possibly, allegedly poch turned down players he was offered.

Be as that may, i'd be happy if new owners come in and invest money in the team and to clear the debt. So far no takers though.

... and its about how well you spend. my point is that we don't spend well, don't balance present and future needs and certainly like to squeeze square pegs into round holes to save a few.

Of course Paratici is here and we'll see if he manages to change the culture that Levy has put in place.

Come on mate... I love Poch as much as anyone here and will be eternally grateful for the wonderful high of four unforgettable years. But recruitment under his watch was more miss than hit. There is no doubt he pushed for Ndombele, no doubt he pushed for Lo Celso and no doubt he pushed for Sessegnon - missing out on the gettable Fernandez and Maddison previously. And when we bought NDombele he then said that he would need two years to get up to speed in the EPL!

And sorry I don't buy the "wanted other targets" argument. If you mean he would have liked to get players we could not afford, then that's the reality for every manager in the world except for maybe half a dozen. But to imply that we bought these duds against his wishes.... maybe in his first year or two; but not when he had built an impregnable standing at the club.

I actually crticise poch a fair bit more than others here and don't want him back until he demonstrates he can win things properly. but i don't put the blame squrely on poch either. levy was at the start and end of player transfers with hitchen and they did at a bad job altogether.
Hopefully paratici is the start of something better - he's done well with his first two but still not able to unload the driftwood that only we appreciate so much that the price turns everyone off.

... and its about how well you spend. my point is that we don't spend well, don't balance present and future needs and certainly like to squeeze square pegs into round holes to save a few.

Of course Paratici is here and we'll see if he manages to change the culture that Levy has put in place.

It's only recently we haven't spent well. Mostly due to ndombele being unhappy and lo celso not living up to expectations..

Previously we were probably the best at it in the league bar leicester. An almost zero net spend got us in the cl regularly, to the final and into challenges for the prem. It was helped with the academy producing players that either went into the squad or were sold.

It's only recently we haven't spent well. Mostly due to ndombele being unhappy and lo celso not living up to expectations..

Previously we were probably the best at it in the league bar leicester. An almost zero net spend got us in the cl regularly, to the final and into challenges for the prem. It was helped with the academy producing players that either went into the squad or were sold.

but its not just buying - we failed to sell quickly enough and which affects how quickly we can replace/buy.
if we were buying so well how did we end up with such an unbalanced squad?

As i said we were doing well until recently.

... with the players Poch inherited or were bought in his first two seasons.

Everything went south in the summer of '16 with Sissoko, Janssen and Nkoudou followed the year after by Sanchez, Aurier and Foyth and the cherry on the top being the 18 summer window where we bought no-one because "we could not find anyone who could improve the squad"! And to add insult to injury we then overcompensated in 19, with every single purchase - Sissoko, Ndombele, Sessegnon and Clark - being a unmitigated disaster.

So were we really "doing well until recently"?

... with the players Poch inherited or were bought in his first two seasons.

Everything went south in the summer of '16 with Sissoko, Janssen and Nkoudou followed the year after by Sanchez, Aurier and Foyth and the cherry on the top being the 18 summer window where we bought no-one because "we could not find anyone who could improve the squad"! And to add insult to injury we then overcompensated in 19, with every single purchase - Sissoko, Ndombele, Sessegnon and Clark - being a unmitigated disaster.

So were we really "doing well until recently"?

Yes. 4 years for me is recent.

Yes. 4 years for me is recent.
For me ,recent is 3 or 4 windows max , so two years. 4 years is 8 windows , that's a lot of lost opportunities.
I would like to know how long Hitchen has been at the club and was he around when we bought astutely, before the disasterous last few years.

Back