• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

There was a 3 transfer window where we didn't spend anything.
We spent on sessgnon and Clarke when we needed immediate upgrades on the pitch.
Then yes a few where we spent were significant, but a lot of them the manager in charge wanted other targets.

Also you need to spend according to ambition so some context and comparisons here will lead to a better conclusion.
Ndombele 55 million
Lo Celso 27 million
Sessegnon 25 million

A 100+ million! Three players who have been a waste of space for two seasons and counting. And then the trope is that: "Levy didn't spend". And "Poch was let down". Who wanted these players? Who ok'd their purchase. This is his legacy....

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Ndombele 55 million
Lo Celso 27 million
Sessegnon 25 million

A 100+ million! Three players who have been a waste of space for two seasons and counting. And then the trope is that: "Levy didn't spend". And "Poch was let down". Who wanted these players? Who ok'd their purchase. This is his legacy....
Yes Levy not to blame at all. Our recruitment team was useless im amazed Hitchen is still there

Why the hell would clubs like that be interested in a guy that has proven himself to be an absolute bellend.

The best thing for everyone is to send him back to lyon and swap him for aouor, who I see paratici is a big fan of.

The best thing that someone so weak minded can do is to return to an environment they are comfortable in. So we should just do a straight swap and take the financial hit, even cover some of his wages if he absolutely refuses to take a decent deduction on his wage back at lyon.

Go back to lyon and take your two boyfriends with you, you utter utter clam.
Well said. The sooner this lazy boat anchor is off the better. Can we refuse to pay his wages if he doesnt want to play for us?

Then yes a few where we spent were significant, but a lot of them the manager in charge wanted other targets.

Also you need to spend according to ambition so some context and comparisons here will lead to a better conclusion.

Come on mate... I love Poch as much as anyone here and will be eternally grateful for the wonderful high of four unforgettable years. But recruitment under his watch was more miss than hit. There is no doubt he pushed for Ndombele, no doubt he pushed for Lo Celso and no doubt he pushed for Sessegnon - missing out on the gettable Fernandez and Maddison previously. And when we bought NDombele he then said that he would need two years to get up to speed in the EPL!

And sorry I don't buy the "wanted other targets" argument. If you mean he would have liked to get players we could not afford, then that's the reality for every manager in the world except for maybe half a dozen. But to imply that we bought these duds against his wishes.... maybe in his first year or two; but not when he had built an impregnable standing at the club.

Good to see there is some interest at least.

And if he does well elsewhere we can have no regrets, as all it will mean is that he finally decided to knuckle down and stop being a bellend.

Its his fault alone that he has refused to do that at Spurs.

You don't spend according to ambition. You spend within your means. Could we have spent more? Possibly, allegedly poch turned down players he was offered.

Be as that may, i'd be happy if new owners come in and invest money in the team and to clear the debt. So far no takers though.

Unlikely Levy will lose out on him. He did the same with Dele. He sees Tanguy as a player and as an investment. He either recoups the fee and finds someone willing to pay his big wages or he asks Nuno to give him another season.

Isn’t Tolisso half decent? He has to be worth £30m and £20m on top should have taken the deal.

Isn’t Tolisso half decent? He has to be worth £30m and £20m on top should have taken the deal.

He’s just turned 27, has 1 year left on his contract and has had some injury problems.

Good player though but they have been trying to flog him for just £10m.

Unlikely Levy will lose out on him. He did the same with Dele. He sees Tanguy as a player and as an investment. He either recoups the fee and finds someone willing to pay his big wages or he asks Nuno to give him another season.

Dele didn't want to leave though. He was still willing to play.

Back