• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

He's got four years remaining on his contract. We could afford to loan him out for the season, if he doesn't feature in Nuno's plans. The market should be in a better state next summer and we might be able to get a better fee.

The other option that occurs to me is that Inter were interested last summer, I wonder whether we might be trying to use him as part of a deal for Martinez.

He's got four years remaining on his contract. We could afford to loan him out for the season, if he doesn't feature in Nuno's plans. The market should be in a better state next summer and we might be able to get a better fee.

The other option that occurs to me is that Inter were interested last summer, I wonder whether we might be trying to use him as part of a deal for Martinez.

It wouldn't surprise me if we are trying to do some deals with him as a makeweight.

If we loan him and it doesnt go well, his value could diminish even more - tough call.

It would be a shame as he's got some brilliant moments in him but squad-wise:

- Loaning him out with a option to buy for something like 55m

- Selling Winks / Sissoko

- Maybe signing Ward Prowse? Could do well here and we'd look well covered in midfield..

I'd love to hear directly on where Poch envisioned N'Dombele at the time of the signing, presume it would be deeper given Dele's position that he'd made as his own at the time. Unfortunate to sign two players for big money in the same kind of positions and both struggle, not wanting to go overboard on nostalgia but there is a Dembele shaped hole in the midfield, that kind of player can be crucial for the kind of football we want to play if we're going to do it effectively. Not against Tanguy sticking around and having another go at it but if the reports are true and his mind is absolutely made up then hopefully a deal can be worked out that benefits both player and the clubs.

Very disappointed it hasn't worked out. He's got so much talent and can do things that others can't but his attitude just doesn't seem right.

Cost Poch his job. And when you need him - tonight he would have made a real difference - he's either unfit or unfocused. Presumably we're trying to free up his wages, but if we can't shift him, hopefully he can contribute. We needed a bit of something this evening. He might have provided it.

Missed Kane and Ndombele, with them playing we'd have walked that game.

I think Nuno has him on special fitness training and will bring him into the team when he shows real desire in training. Of course that may never happen (and I did say how worried I was a good while ago with very easy to spot lack of effort on the pitch in first team games) but if Ndombele is shown that his natural talent alone (and he has such a huge amount of that) isn't enough to get him onto the pitch then he may actually decide he wants to be a footballer enough to add the extra effort.

Time will tell but I think Nuno is doing the right thing in keeping him out of the team. Had he played tonight he may well have created or even scored goals but he needs to putting it all in and not just getting by on that natural talent. Only then can he be a truly brilliant player that I fear will always elude him due to a lack of desire and willingness to work.

I think Nuno has him on special fitness training and will bring him into the team when he shows real desire in training. Of course that may never happen (and I did say how worried I was a good while ago with very easy to spot lack of effort on the pitch in first team games) but if Ndombele is shown that his natural talent alone (and he has such a huge amount of that) isn't enough to get him onto the pitch then he may actually decide he wants to be a footballer enough to add the extra effort.

Time will tell but I think Nuno is doing the right thing in keeping him out of the team. Had he played tonight he may well have created or even scored goals but he needs to putting it all in and not just getting by on that natural talent. Only then can he be a truly brilliant player that I fear will always elude him due to a lack of desire and willingness to work.
Maybe.

Either that or he wants out and we're happy to see him leave and we're awaiting the outcome before playing him.

How much do you think not playing actually bothers him?

Agreed. Each players' motivations are going to be different however I do wonder whether the £200k pw just kills his motivations....he knows he can put his feet up whenever possible, jog around at training and pocket £10m (less tax) per year for 5 years. Then again, arguing against myself, maybe he'd have done the same on £100k pw

Either way, if the player doesnt have the desire and drive to succeed and make the most of his abilities, the club and manager are in a difficult position. And every minute Nuno is spendnig trying to get Tubby to achieve his potential, that's a minute wasted on players who do actually want to pull in teh same direction.

I think we should be doing whatever needed to shift him. Offer another team that we'll pay half his wages for 2 years...whatever is needed

Back