• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

If any of that is true (massive "if") I don't understand what Kane's problem is.

He can leave - as soon as someone stumps up the asking price. If City had bid £3.50 and a bag of crisps (£3,50 for our innumerate European friends) then he wouldn't expect us to just accept the offer, so why would he with any other insultingly low number.

If Levy agreed Kane can leave if City pay £160M, then until City stump that amount up Kane can STFU.

If Kane agreed this with Levy and didn't set a figure, then he's as dumb as his brother.

The only scenario where Kane has a point is if he and Levy agreed a figure below what City have offered so far. I suspect if that were the case, Charlie would have got his crayons and his Fisher Price typewriter out and sent out a press release for us to all try and translate into English

Well, there was that Sun story over their front page, apparently sourced from the Kanes, giving a figure of £160 million.
So they can't really squawk about £125m being given short shrift

All the training stuff could've been taken care of with smart PR.
IF the club knew Kane was coming back late, and if they chose to keep quiet (perhaps as revenge for HK's Neville interview) then Team Kane simply needed to say something like -
"I really appreciate the club giving me an extra week's rest to recuperate and prepare for the coming season. COYS!"

He has a poor team around him it appears anyway.

I see the Telegraph have been contacted by someone in Kane's party...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...l-levy-stick-deal-let-leave-spurs-manchester/

A good PR agent costs a fraction of Kane’s daily pay. You’d think he could reach out to one and present things far better. Thankfully in a way he hasn’t, because with the right approach he could have forced a move.

His amateur PR only makes him look daft (and human) rather than the unique, elite striker he is. The sooner he can get back to doing what he does best, the better for him.

Honestly he’s better off with us for another year. The grass isn’t always greener even if it is richer.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Kane’s frustration largely appears to hinge on a meeting last year. The 28-year-old accepts that he has three years left on his contract but, according to sources close to him, he was told by Levy that Spurs would go all out to win a trophy and achieve a Champions League spot.
Kane’s understanding from the meeting was that if that did not happen – Spurs subsequently finished seventh in the Premier League in a disappointing campaign and lost the League Cup Final - he would be allowed to leave.

My bolded wording : that's a pretty vague statement, a rung or two below anything that would imply even a "gentleman's agreement". If Kane believes Levy has reneged on a promise, then why not say "at that meeting, Daniel Levy agreed Kane could leave the club if that did not happen"? It would still be naive to rely on a verbal agreement, and there would still be the matter of a fair value bid from City being needed, but at least it would be a clear statement from Kane's camp that the current situation is based on something definitive, rather than some vague interpretation.

This sounds like a last attempt to get fans back on side and to manipulate/tap into the bad feeling towards Levy that was so strong at the end of last season, in order to force Levy's hand. It's not going to work Harry.

As an afterthought : would it not be rather risky of Levy, knowing Kane wants to go to City, to say 'ok, you can go if we don't win a cup or get top 4'? Seeing as Kane is the player, or at least one of the players, best placed to actually make that happen? I don't believe Kane would have sabotaged the club's prospects to get his own way, but Levy would need to have that possibility in mind in any discussions.

Kane’s frustration largely appears to hinge on a meeting last year. The 28-year-old accepts that he has three years left on his contract but, according to sources close to him, he was told by Levy that Spurs would go all out to win a trophy and achieve a Champions League spot.
Kane’s understanding from the meeting was that if that did not happen – Spurs subsequently finished seventh in the Premier League in a disappointing campaign and lost the League Cup Final - he would be allowed to leave.

My bolded wording : that's a pretty vague statement, a rung or two below anything that would imply even a "gentleman's agreement". If Kane believes Levy has reneged on a promise, then why not say "at that meeting, Daniel Levy agreed Kane could leave the club if that did not happen"? It would still be naive to rely on a verbal agreement, and there would still be the matter of a fair value bid from City being needed, but at least it would be a clear statement from Kane's camp that the current situation is based on something definitive, rather than some vague interpretation.

This sounds like a last attempt to get fans back on side and to manipulate/tap into the bad feeling towards Levy that was so strong at the end of last season, in order to force Levy's hand. It's not going to work Harry.

As an afterthought : would it not be rather risky of Levy, knowing Kane wants to go to City, to say 'ok, you can go if we don't win a cup or get top 4'? Seeing as Kane is the player, or at least one of the players, best placed to actually make that happen? I don't believe Kane would have sabotaged the club's prospects to get his own way, but Levy would need to have that possibility in mind in any discussions.

Your last point is a very good one, and one that is also applicable to this season.
Is he really going to be up for it? Win here and it weakens his case.
I also think that it is the case that harry believes that we can't win trophies and that will have a mental impact on him and the effort he puts in.

All the training stuff could've been taken care of with smart PR.
IF the club knew Kane was coming back late, and if they chose to keep quiet (perhaps as revenge for HK's Neville interview) then Team Kane simply needed to say something like -
"I really appreciate the club giving me an extra week's rest to recuperate and prepare for the coming season. COYS!"

He has a poor team around him it appears anyway.

I think it’s unanimous regarding everyone’s views on Kane’s team, particularly his brother. That said, he doesn’t have to follow bad advice. Neville made a point about Pogba’s on Sunday that no matter how many times his agent has spoken out saying his client wants to leave, Pogba has not once come out and said my agent is out of order or wrong.

Well, there was that Sun story over their front page, apparently sourced from the Kanes, giving a figure of £160 million.
So they can't really squawk about £125m being given short shrift

I personally think it’s hilarious how much Charlie has been played here.

if he is that desperate to leave, maybe Harry should pay the £25 -30 million short fall as City don’t seem to think he’s worth the money.

It's strange how players don't put in official transfer requests anymore. It should be in all players contracts that if they refuse to train/play or publicly declare their wish to leave then they obviously get fined but lose any right to loyalty bonuses.

I personally think it’s hilarious how much Charlie has been played here.

Vastly out of his depth.

The degrees of similarity between the Telegraph and Daily Mail articles this morning suggest that Charlie has been on the phone. I'm not really sure what good he thinks it would do - Levy has his price and, given how resolute Levy is, unless City meet it then no end of whinging in the press from CHarlie Kane will make the transfer happen.

I think City will be able to meet the price - main question given where we are now in August is whether it will have passed whatever deadline we set and/or whether we'll say no given our targets to replace Kane may have moved on

It about the money, if Kane wants to go, put a written transfer in. If he does he loses loyalty payments, if we sell him, he still gets them. He wants to leave with all his money.

It about the money, if Kane wants to go, put a written transfer in. If he does he loses loyalty payments, if we sell him, he still gets them. He wants to leave with all his money.

But surely he’ll get more than the loyalty payments in his first couple of months of extra salary, City must be offering him 500k a week or so.

I think City will be able to meet the price - main question given where we are now in August is whether it will have passed whatever deadline we set and/or whether we'll say no given our targets to replace Kane may have moved on
City are just plain weird in this... totally acting out of character.

The price we want is irrelevant to them. A bottomless pit of money allows them to pay whatever is required.

The price is relevant to us and the timing of the transfer is important for us. They are f.cking those two important markers up......and for what reason?.To save some pennies...give over. Weird.

Back