• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

I was happy to see a few players from our academy starting one of the most important matches of the season (could've been another one on the field too but oh well...). I would love to see more younger players being sent to Championship sides or relegation-battling sides in the PL. If they're good enough to get game time, the experience is tremendous.

I was happy to see a few players from our academy starting one of the most important matches of the season (could've been another one on the field too but oh well...). I would love to see more younger players being sent to Championship sides or relegation-battling sides in the PL. If they're good enough to get game time, the experience is tremendous.

Also saves us a fortune.

Unfortunately they do not seem to be good enough for that level. Skipp was the exception. Only other player who interested Championship sides was Parrott and his Milwall stint was a bit of a disaster... Other than that its League 1 or 2 that seem to be their standard and even there they struggle...

Unfortunately they do not seem to be good enough for that level. Skipp was the exception. Only other player who interested Championship sides was Parrott and his Milwall stint was a bit of a disaster... Other than that its League 1 or 2 that seem to be their standard and even there they struggle...
For a first loan spell, L1/L2 is fine. I should have said that for the few players we have that are on the cusp of the first team, a loan in the Championship seems to be a good place to get experience.

Thought Skipp played really well and at only 20 lets hope he keeps it going because if he can/does we will have a very good player. They will be times when he struggles but that happens to all young players.

He will, the first 15 minutes of the game was the type you only see at truly elite levels, a lot of players struggled with it, but experience tells/teaches you to hang in, you will find your rhythm and you will get your chance to put the pressure back on opposition.

Think he picked up this skill from Lamela (saw it was posted earlier, but hilarious in final minutes of game)

I'd prefer a carrick/alonso type. Can defend but can pick a pass. Or a modric that can dictate the tempo.
Dele and lo celso are the box to box types.

Carrick and Modric types are a little scarce to find mate ..

Think we need to not die on the hill of like for like, we won't get another Eriksen, we have a few good midfielders, we need to get the balance right, we may need to add one more to make it work (right side example)

Carrick and Modric types are a little scarce to find mate ..

Think we need to not die on the hill of like for like, we won't get another Eriksen, we have a few good midfielders, we need to get the balance right, we may need to add one more to make it work (right side example)

Scarce to find. But we found them before. Lets do it again.

Bought this in 2019. Glad it won’t go to waste!

(the placement of the second P still annoys me.)

3-CDC1546-00-FC-4-A6-E-80-B9-EBEAE19-A70-B8.jpg

Who did you have in mind?
I would say you're right, probably no one currently... Parrott should be playing Championship level at this point but hopefully he does really well at MK. Dane and Nile are still a bit too young, hoping they get some good loans eventually when they're old enough.

I would say you're right, probably no one currently... Parrott should be playing Championship level at this point but hopefully he does really well at MK. Dane and Nile are still a bit too young, hoping they get some good loans eventually when they're old enough.

And that is the greatest indictment of our youth policy. Chel$ki have virtually paid Lukaku's transfer fee from the sale of their reserve / youth rejects; a f****** 80 million in a single year. And we do not have a single player coming through who we can realistically loan out to a Championship team!!

And that is the greatest indictment of our youth policy. Chel$ki have virtually paid Lukaku's transfer fee from the sale of their reserve / youth rejects; a f****** 80 million in a single year. And we do not have a single player coming through who we can realistically loan out to a Championship team!!

That's partly because we've decided to keep Japhet here for this season, and Skipp would be the other player that's in our first team now. The question is though, would you rather produce a Tammy Abraham every few years or a Harry Kane once a decade? Even Harry Winks can fulfill at least a squad role in the team.
And to be fair, it's hard to compare us to Chelsea since they have a whole shadow team of players out on loan. At the end of the day, we could always do better though so I can't argue against that. We'll just have to see how Dane Scarlett and Nile John do once they mature a bit more.

Is there any highlights of his performance against city? His passing is excellent in this video

That's partly because we've decided to keep Japhet here for this season, and Skipp would be the other player that's in our first team now. The question is though, would you rather produce a Tammy Abraham every few years or a Harry Kane once a decade? Even Harry Winks can fulfill at least a squad role in the team.
And to be fair, it's hard to compare us to Chelsea since they have a whole shadow team of players out on loan. At the end of the day, we could always do better though so I can't argue against that. We'll just have to see how Dane Scarlett and Nile John do once they mature a bit more.
Strangely a Spurs related youth player is now the hotly tipped next big young buy in Europe in Maduki
And I’d rather do what were doing that buy a player for £30m… sell him, and then buy him back for over 3 times that

? where do you guys make this brick up from?

Skipp, Tanganga could be loaned to a PL side, we are just choosing to keep them
Whiteman just went to a side that is probably championship level (not interested in arguing it).
Cirkin & CCV could have been loaned, instead we are selling them (Cirkin to Championship, CCV may even go to PL)
Parrott, Scarlett, Paskotsi could all fit in a championship side (see my point re Parrott below)
Lots of players in the 16/17 range that will likely go on loans in a year or so (Devine, John, etc.)
We had lots of players under Poch that should have been loaned but that wasn't his thing (I disagree with it)

The issue with loans is playing time, Parrott starting every game one level below championship is better than being a sub in championship.

Chelsea for what it's worth has no interest in youth development, it was a way for them to dodge FFP inspection, prior to FFP implementation they went out and bought a fudging truckload of youth/promising players, loaned them out and have been using the model to develop/sell on and buy replacements as the investment was made years ago (at one point they had 38 players on loan)

Back