• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

What I do not think I have seen commented is how solid we were after scoring. Last year, we would have retreated to the edge of the box subjected to constant bombardment. Yes we defended but much higher than last year, meaning we still could move the ball forward and have much better control of the game. This is Nuno's doing, mark my words.....

What I do not think I have seen commented is how solid we were after scoring. Last year, we would have retreated to the edge of the box subjected to constant bombardment. Yes we defended but much higher than last year, meaning we still could move the ball forward and have much better control of the game. This is Nuno's doing, mark my words.....

We played as a team (something I haven't seen in a long time), everyone gave it all (not a bad performance on the pitch)

We tore City apart over and over with the counters, I really can't recall City being so exposed by anyone in a long ass time.

We were aggressive, no passive brick, we wanted to win

First game, but this guy isn't some Jose 2.0

Guys on MotD2 seemed a little at a loss. Hardly any in-depth analysis taking place, just having a look at instances of Spurs tackling well. Ooooh, insightful.

Yep, what passes for journalism now is so disappointing

- Read an article post match that was something like "City dominated the game, Spurs struggled, but managed to win" almost as if they took a script and just went fudge it, take out the part that said City wins and put in Spurs wins.

Such a story there too, Spurs has been in turmoil for almost two years, star player on virtual strike wanting to play for opposition, visit of most expensive team in PL history to start a game, current PL champions, guy who is 5th choice takes over, doesn't get his players in time (Gio, Romero, Gil), still has issues with most expensive buy (Ndombele), negativity around the club and they pull this off .. (and it wasn't a snatch and grab, it was tactically, physically and organizationally a good win)

Didn't see a single pundit going "with all that Nuno has had to deal with, for Spurs to put in this performance, well done"

Last edited:

- Read an article post match that was something like "City dominated the game, Spurs struggled, but managed to win" almost as if they took a script and just went fudge it, take out the part that said City wins and put in Spurs wins.

Such a story there too, Spurs has been in turmoil for almost two years, star player on virtual strike wanting to play for opposition, visit of most expensive team in PL history to start a game, current PL champions, guy who is 5th choice takes over, doesn't get his players in time (Gio, Romero, Gil), still has issues with most expensive buy (Ndombele), negativity around the club and they pull this off .. (and it wasn't a snatch and grab, it was tactically, physically and organizationally a good win)

Didn't see a single pundit going "with all that Nuno has had to deal with, for Spurs to put in this performance, well done"

The in-game and post-match stuff from Sky wasn't too bad. Though I didn't see it all.
Neville calling out Tanganga as Man of the match was great. He'd spotted his performace throughout the game and clearly praised him.

The in-game and post-match stuff from Sky wasn't too bad. Though I didn't see it all.
Neville calling out Tanganga as Man of the match was great. He'd spotted his performace throughout the game and clearly praised him.
Said he played in a way he couldn’t which was massive praise IMO

Neville would appreciate JT's performance more than most, stating the obvious but it was his position.

Neville would appreciate JT's performance more than most, stating the obvious but it was his position.
Yeah Neville always goes on about the right backs when he co-commentates.
I thought the punditry I saw on Sky and BBC was fine and gave us lots of credit. Excellent from Nuno, very clever.
Hojbjerg/Skipp/Dele was a seriously combative hard-working midfield, loads of energy and tackles and effort.

But hes not sexy like Pep the fraud or the grinning monkey.

A lovely start.

Mentioned in the OMT that the team didn't look great on paper, that'll teach me. Sure it's only one game but Nuno definitely got them playing to more than the sum of their parts with excellent performances all round. It's not a big surprise that us looking more solid in midfield resulted in us looking less calamitous at the back coupled with tenacity and energy from the fullbacks.

Showed some composed game management as well, which was great to see considering the regrettable habit of dropping points last season.

Back