• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory - Danny...Danny Rose

milo

Jack L. Jones
Episode 29

This week, it’s all about Danny Rose as @thfcsteff, @AuroRaman, @GPRD81 and @awesome dawson pay tribute to a genuine Tottenham Hotspur legend. From thunderbolts to nutmegs, we cover Danny’s career in detail while also discussing some of the issues he dealt with as a human being. Join us for this heartfelt reflection on the mighty Danny…Danny Rose.

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CE

Google Podcasts

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...ibGljL3Nob3dzL3RoZS1nYW1lLWlzLWFib3V0LWdsb3J5

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

What a fitting tribute lads.

I have to admit I was one of the ones ‘riled’ by the infamous Sun interview, but I can definitely appreciate what he brought to the club, on and off the pitch, with the benefit of time and hindsight. The point about him playing like it was The Battle of the Bridge every game particularly pertinent.

I agree he definitely feels like something of a trailblazer in football insomuch as his opening up on his mental health struggles. As with any trailblazer, they may not benefit from the change they’re trying to effect, but he has certainly played his part in making it easier for those that follow to feel like they can open up and for that he deserves enormous credit.

To that goal - I was watching the game with a ‘mate’ that purports to be a Watford fan, but whenever anything positive happened to Arsenal that negatively impacted Spurs, he wasn’t backward in chirping up - funnily enough, he’s been quiet the last few years! Man, did I lose my brick and scream in his face when that hit the back of the net. It was a great, great game and Gomes singlehandedly defying Campbell the goal he must’ve craved was a joy to behold.

Thanks for the memories Danny, you were a great servant and properly Spurs - @Bedfordspurs please pass on all of the above sentiments if you’re still in touch with him.

Cheers @DaveT316. The only difference that I see between Rose's interview with the Sun and Kane's with Neville is that Kane is more media trained and is white.
I disagree
I think its because rose actually spoke as a passionate person with something to say
Kane’s interview was at best bland because he was petrified of making a mistake in what he said

I disagree
I think its because rose actually spoke as a passionate person with something to say
Kane’s interview was at best bland because he was petrified of making a mistake in what he said

That's what I mean by media trained. Kane has never said something interesting in an interview in his life

That's what I mean by media trained. Kane has never said something interesting in an interview in his life
I don’t think that’s media training
I just think it’s his natural persona
He is bland
Brilliant player but not a brilliant talker

I don’t think that’s media training
I just think it’s his natural persona
He is bland
Brilliant player but not a brilliant talker

I certainly think that his personality plays a part but media training means that you stick to the message that you want to deliver and don't get drawn on anything else. He does that in spades, as do most modern players

What a fitting tribute lads.

I have to admit I was one of the ones ‘riled’ by the infamous Sun interview, but I can definitely appreciate what he brought to the club, on and off the pitch, with the benefit of time and hindsight. The point about him playing like it was The Battle of the Bridge every game particularly pertinent.

I agree he definitely feels like something of a trailblazer in football insomuch as his opening up on his mental health struggles. As with any trailblazer, they may not benefit from the change they’re trying to effect, but he has certainly played his part in making it easier for those that follow to feel like they can open up and for that he deserves enormous credit.

To that goal - I was watching the game with a ‘mate’ that purports to be a Watford fan, but whenever anything positive happened to Arsenal that negatively impacted Spurs, he wasn’t backward in chirping up - funnily enough, he’s been quiet the last few years! Man, did I lose my brick and scream in his face when that hit the back of the net. It was a great, great game and Gomes singlehandedly defying Campbell the goal he must’ve craved was a joy to behold.

Thanks for the memories Danny, you were a great servant and properly Spurs - @Bedfordspurs please pass on all of the above sentiments if you’re still in touch with him.

I was also critical of The Sun interview at first as I felt DR had been hung out by advisors and the paper. Hindsight told me I had likely taken a wrong turn on my perception of it.

I certainly think that his personality plays a part but media training means that you stick to the message that you want to deliver and don't get drawn on anything else. He does that in spades, as do most modern players
I don’t even think Kane stuck to any message
It was just a few mumbles and words that didn’t leave any real ,essays even for the interviewer

Glad you enjoyed the pod.

I think the difference between Rose/Kane interview is the timing. Kane's exasperation was largely all shared by the fans. Rose's interview in 2017 came just weeks after we'd recorded our 86 point season, had just come off an emotional high after the WHL season and I think we all felt tangible success was in reach. There was an element of ridicule about the way Rose spoke "about having to google new signings".

The whole interview seemed really incongruous with the position we all hoped we were in.....though in hindsight he flagged up some lack of ambition from the board when we were at a point of strength and should have capitalised.....signing N'Koudou, Foyth and Llorente was clearly not the action of a club determined to convert a 3rd and 2nd place league finish into a 1st.

Just reiterating the prior comments and i really enjoyed this episode too. Agree on the point about pulling off that nutmeg which led to our first goal against Ajax, to have the audacity to try and then execute it - i also think that goal is quite underrated in terms of quality of football, such a quick counter attack. And i didn't realise/forgot he started right mid against Woolwich and got subbed at HT for that game, probably because he didn't do much, apart from that arousing volley!

Anyway, hope he gets a contract which suits him and he continues his career in some capacity, i think he might return to Spurs as a mentor or some role once he hangs up his boots

He really should have got a testimonial. Do they even exist anymore? I know there was the stand-off where he said he'd sit out his contract rather than be sold, hence not getting a place in the squad, so that works against him I guess, but it seems he did spend that time supporting the academy players. I don't know, it feels that he deserves a bit more than the way things ended.

Back