• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Caught that Neville overlap thing yesterday.

Keane quite pro Levy/Spurs.

Carragher quite pragmatic: “They’ve won nothing WITH Kane, so it might be the right time to sell. Referenced Liverpool not winning the title with Gerrard, then having a shake up with the Coutinho money.

Which got me thinking - Now is not really a good time for us to have spending power. When Liverpool twice had money - I think I’m right in saying they were still in the CL on both occasions: On one occasion they got Salah/Mane. On the next they got Allison/VVD.

We simply don’t have much of a pull at the moment. Those kind of players you want to be replacing Kane with are probably looking for CL football. I actually don’t see us breaking into the top 4 this season, but it might be worth keeping Kane for one more year and seeing if we can position ourselves so that we can attract the players needed to replace him.
The problem is that we have to get the players that can replace kane now and still keep him for us getting top 4.
Chelsea: the players they got last year is starting to work, and they got stronger.
ManU: alot stronger team this year
Liverpool: stronger with players back
ManC: No chance, strongest team.

Cant see us getting a 4spot with our team still with Kane in it. Who is going to do bales job?

Caught that Neville overlap thing yesterday.

Keane quite pro Levy/Spurs.

Carragher quite pragmatic: “They’ve won nothing WITH Kane, so it might be the right time to sell. Referenced Liverpool not winning the title with Gerrard, then having a shake up with the Coutinho money.

Which got me thinking - Now is not really a good time for us to have spending power. When Liverpool twice had money - I think I’m right in saying they were still in the CL on both occasions: On one occasion they got Salah/Mane. On the next they got Allison/VVD.

We simply don’t have much of a pull at the moment. Those kind of players you want to be replacing Kane with are probably looking for CL football. I actually don’t see us breaking into the top 4 this season, but it might be worth keeping Kane for one more year and seeing if we can position ourselves so that we can attract the players needed to replace him.

Agree, top 4 this year will be very difficult, even with Kane. But having him for a year helps us whilst (hopefully) bedding in a bunch of players, and then selling next summer make a lot of sense

The problem is that we have to get the players that can replace kane now and still keep him for us getting top 4.
Chelsea: the players they got last year is starting to work, and they got stronger.
ManU: alot stronger team this year
Liverpool: stronger with players back
ManC: No chance, strongest team.

Cant see us getting a 4spot with our team still with Kane in it. Who is going to do bales job?
Of going missing in half of his games? Stevie or Ndombele will do.

Made the mistake of putting talksport on

Paul Stewart seems to think it’s disgusting how we are treating Kane and we will be going down once he’s gone.

Not sure if it's because I support Spurs but have there been any other transfers non Spurs related where a player wants to leave and there has been this much speculation and tabloid talk? It always seems to be Spurs that are the ones that get done.

Aubameyang looks certain to leave Arsenal, then he signs a new deal, which springs to mind but there was nothing like the crap that's being done here.

We seem to be dragged along by the press, sky, every pundit as the bad guys yet other teams have kept players and said they are not for sale, and that appears to be the end of it. It seems that when we say no they are not for sale, everyone outside of Spurs tries to get that player out of the club.

Again, it's probably because I don't look in detail at others clubs transfers but that's how I see it.

Not sure if it's because I support Spurs but have there been any other transfers non Spurs related where a player wants to leave and there has been this much speculation and tabloid talk? It always seems to be Spurs that are the ones that get done.

Aubameyang looks certain to leave Arsenal, then he signs a new deal, which springs to mind but there was nothing like the crap that's being done here.

We seem to be dragged along by the press, sky, every pundit as the bad guys yet other teams have kept players and said they are not for sale, and that appears to be the end of it. It seems that when we say no they are not for sale, everyone outside of Spurs tries to get that player out of the club.

Again, it's probably because I don't look in detail at others clubs transfers but that's how I see it.

To be fair, he is the England captain and the figures dwarf anything most players would go for.

I think it’s disgusting the way ManC are treating Spurs and Kane.

I might be missing a joke here but other than wanting to buy one of our players how is the way City are treating us disgusting?

Whatever happens will happen, but it's just frustrating not knowing at this stage of the season, good to know either way and then move on.

Edit: In the circumstance that Kane leaves it is a shame that Ings isn't there as a ready made option, I do think he'd get goals in any team and could have hit the ground running along with a younger CF to bed in for the season.

I might be missing a joke here but other than wanting to buy one of our players how is the way City are treating us disgusting?

Whatever happens will happen, but it's just frustrating not knowing at this stage of the season, good to know either way and then move on.

Edit: In the circumstance that Kane leaves it is a shame that Ings isn't there as a ready made option, I do think he'd get goals in any team and could have hit the ground running along with a younger CF to bed in for the season.
For starters Pep behaving like an absolute tit in the media stating he would like to buy Kane, but crying that Spurs aren’t coming to the table to negotiate. Couldn’t just come out and say he won’t talk about other teams players like practically every other coach does. I’m surprised Spurs didn’t release a public apology to Emirates Marketing Project for not bending over to accommodate selling Kane to them….

It's a fair point. I guess the argument is making their interest public, obviously getting in Kanes ear and not offering anything near our asking price. None of which I'd deem disgusting. That's football.

But us holding Harry to a lucrative contract he signed of his own free will until someone meets our valuation is also nowhere near disgusting. Paul Stewart needs to wind his neck in.

Back