• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Rebuild

If we sell Kane, we're going to start getting close to our non-HG player limit arent we?

I dont profess to getting this all right but assuming we sell Sissoko, non HG players are:

Lloris
Gollini
Aurier or Tomiyasu
Dier or replacement
Sanchez or replacement
Romero
Reguilon
PEH
GLC
Tubby
Bergwijn
Son
Moura
Gil
Kane replacement
Back-up CF

= 16 for the PL
+ Davies + Rodon for Europe = 18, so someone has to be left out

So it means that replacements for Sissoko and Winks cant both be non-home grown, and we need to be careful with other additions

Anything wrong with the above?
Gil is just 20 so for the PL I think he can be registered on the B-list, but not for Europe iirc.

I think we will have to turn some of our focus to HG players at some point this summer, unless we're prepared to leave some players out of the European squad, might be fine for the Conference, but it's a difficult decision. It would also just create a new problem next summer if we get where we want to this season.

Will be interesting to see what the plan is.

If we sell Kane, we're going to start getting close to our non-HG player limit arent we?

I dont profess to getting this all right but assuming we sell Sissoko, non HG players are:

Lloris
Gollini
Aurier or Tomiyasu
Dier or replacement
Sanchez or replacement
Romero
Reguilon
PEH
GLC
Tubby
Bergwijn
Son
Moura
Gil
Kane replacement
Back-up CF

= 16 for the PL
+ Davies + Rodon for Europe = 18, so someone has to be left out

So it means that replacements for Sissoko and Winks cant both be non-home grown, and we need to be careful with other additions

Anything wrong with the above?

No, appears to be spot on. I am surprised it has not been mentioned much, but it tells me Levy and Paratici are really counting on Kane to stay. It also helps us to dismiss silly stories about Coutinho etc. and I think it also means that Winks is staying, unless we have something up our sleeve. Who are the HG's right now? Kane, Alli, Winks, Skipp, Sess, Tanganga. From the senior players, that's it.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Excellent left back. The best we had at Spurs for 20+ years. The club royally messed up last season paying him £65k a week to train with the under 23s. He would've been a better option in the team than Ben Davies at least.

Interesting comment from Danny there about training under Pochettino. That is why we did so (comparatively) well under Poch I think. Hopefully Nuno takes us back towards that.

Don't know where else to post this but a good little interview with Danny Rose. Not quite as scandalous as the title/thumbnail suggests.

I guess that was Ben Foster? He must think he is very famous to not introduce himself... took me most of the video to remember his name!

Interesting to me that Danny Rose can knowingly say "South Americans" and that immediately makes sense to everyone in terms of being mean, will to win, stand on your toes when nobody is looking... but when [ageing white man] Sounness mentions Latinos he cops huge flak. Double standards?

Excellent left back. The best we had at Spurs for 20+ years. The club royally messed up last season paying him £65k a week to train with the under 23s. He would've been a better option in the team than Ben Davies at least.

Interesting comment from Danny there about training under Pochettino. That is why we did so (comparatively) well under Poch I think. Hopefully Nuno takes us back towards that.

You clearly remember good Rose, not bad one, the out of form version of Rose was considerable worse than Davies, and multiple managers had the same opinion.

To look at Rose clearly, you need to compare him to Walker, they both had the same rise (Rose actually tried to leave Spurs before Walker) but Rose wasn't able to maintain his level, focus and place, Walker kept it to today.

You clearly remember good Rose, not bad one, the out of form version of Rose was considerable worse than Davies, and multiple managers had the same opinion.

To look at Rose clearly, you need to compare him to Walker, they both had the same rise (Rose actually tried to leave Spurs before Walker) but Rose wasn't able to maintain his level, focus and place, Walker kept it to today.

I would agree, Rose had a great 12-18 month run but then faded ( fast).

Released
- Rose
- Gazza
- Bale
- Vini

Sold
- Foyth
- Lamela
- Toby
- Cirkin
- Hart

Loan
- Parrott
- Kion
- Whiteman
- Bowden

In
- Gollini
- Gil
- Romero
- Skipp
- Sessegnon

Likely to be sold
- Aurier
- Sanchez
- Sissoko

Could end up being our biggest change/rebuild window ever

Refreshing isnt it? Obviously when you make this many changes, there's a higher probability in making some mistakes however better to try to change a lot than go into this/next season with just some tinkering

The rebuild will be painful but pulling off the plaster is easier when you do it quickly. We need to get rid of the dross.

Not wanting to moan tooo much, I get it's pre season + with the Euros yada yada but it would be lovely to go in to a season with a clear plan in place giving players time to gel. You could say it may not make much of a difference as the game today is kind of a free hit anyway yet it's a slight concern that we're heading in to the first game of the season with most likely a front free of Bergwijn / Son / Moura, one of Dier or Sanchez at CB and no huge amount of competition for CM spots with regrettably 2/3 players not seemingly offering too much to get in to the 1st team. To cap it off, while I rate Tanganga as an option RB-wise we've got 2 apparent first team type right backs that seem unwanted by us and unfortunately anyone else too. Dele I wouldn't put in the pile of "issues" by any stretch but there is more of an ongoing tactics question about how to utilise him to his best abilities, not sure that's going to be in a midfield three however I could be proven wrong.

We can say the Kane thing has been unfortunate with the timing but the position itself has been a problem in the squad for such a long time. It's fair to say the club has tried a few different approaches now when it comes to the back up striker, it could be that the uncertainty with "H" has stopped us making moves for now. As for the rest it seems like there's a lot of work left to be done..Not wanting to sound too negative heading in to the season as there are areas that we look strong and something can be carved out of, but NES can only work with what he's got and I'm not sure if we look competitive even if there wasn't a big ? on Kane's head at the minute. Personally I'm a bit tired of any time Kane being out for any reason it taking Son from the left but I appreciate that now we'd have Gil who could then possibly thrive in that area. And the RW is a grey area, I like what Moura can bring and Stevie B has potential but I'm not certain they're at the level of our competition.

I guess it's part and parcel of the job for Fab and Nuno, rare that things are going to be absolutely ideal walking in to a club but it'll be interesting to see what we can do on both fronts.

Interesting, average age of squad, looks like we are back where we used to be

130438078-0d0cbd54-15d8-433d-b4c5-057bacf831b0.png

Which managers shared the same opinion on Rose as Mourinho? Worse than Davies? You are having a laugh. You love to exaggerate to make a point. He featured in AVB's team Poch's. By all accounts he had a successful loan spell in Sunderland too. He was as integral to Poch's early team as Walker.

As for the comparison with Walker, they were on a par until Rose suffered a serious injury. Rose struggled to regain form after a very long lay off which caused him to also suffer depression.

Last edited:
Which managers shared the same opinion on Rose as Mourinho? You do like to exaggerate to make a point. He featured in AVB's team Poch's. By all accounts he had a successful loan spell in Sunderland.

As for the comparison with Walker, they were on a par until Rose suffered a serious injury. Rose struggled to regain form after a very long lay off which caused him to also suffer depression.

Poch dropped him in the end, Jose didn't rate him, neither did Mason and obviously Nuno didn't feel he was worth keeping. Rose was a decent FB pre Poch, but had real issues like being rash and positioning, he improved became #1 and by the end of Poch's time he was out (regardless of cause)

So prime Rose was what, 3 years?

Too be clear, I'm not saying Rose was terrible but the best version of him was a level above, he just couldn't keep it there as vs. Walker who has, don't feel that is exaggerating.

Poch dropped him in the end, Jose didn't rate him, neither did Mason and obviously Nuno didn't feel he was worth keeping. Rose was a decent FB pre Poch, but had real issues like being rash and positioning, he improved became #1 and by the end of Poch's time he was out (regardless of cause)

So prime Rose was what, 3 years?

Too be clear, I'm not saying Rose was terrible but the best version of him was a level above, he just couldn't keep it there as vs. Walker who has, don't feel that is exaggerating.
Mason couldn't have played him as he wasn't registered.

Back