• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spanish Football Thread

I was trying to use google translate!
Seemed a done deal.
The Spanish league will do anything to keep the Barca/Real cartel

Sounds like a good deal for the smaller clubs and bad for barca and madrid. Although the cash up front could help them.

Need a financial expert to explain it better. What they are getting for their $2bn and who it effects. Will keep an eye out for a swiss ramble break down.

Sounds like a good deal for the smaller clubs and bad for barca and madrid. Although the cash up front could help them.

Need a financial expert to explain it better. What they are getting for their $2bn and who it effects. Will keep an eye out for a swiss ramble break down.

They probably want more of the pie but for a 2.7bn investment they’ll have to suck it up.
Most of the cash will leak into transfers/wages no doubt

They probably want more of the pie but for a 2.7bn investment they’ll have to suck it up.
Most of the cash will leak into transfers/wages no doubt

Barca and real don't need cash at the moment. Barca just refinanced their loan and got €500m. They can't spend it on players though as la liga has a salary cap. So they have to reduce their wage budget.

Since the wall street deal won't involve tv rights, then that leaves matchday and sponsorship deals. How would you feel if spurs had to give up 10% of our matchday and sponsorship?

Again i'm not sure how it will work. Need a financial expert to explain it.

Barca and real don't need cash at the moment. Barca just refinanced their loan and got €500m. They can't spend it on players though as la liga has a salary cap. So they have to reduce their wage budget.

Since the wall street deal won't involve tv rights, then that leaves matchday and sponsorship deals. How would you feel if spurs had to give up 10% of our matchday and sponsorship?

I assumed they using the funds to resign Messi and the other signings. Although he’s taken a pay cut, their total debt is €700m + though refinancing has helped for the bulk.

Now we have the stadium in place and most sponsorship deals associated with it and things back to pre covid normality, our match day/sponsorship will grow exponentially. Rather not give it up at this point.

I assumed they using the funds to resign Messi and the other signings. Although he’s taken a pay cut, their total debt is €700m + though refinancing has helped for the bulk.

Now we have the stadium in place and most sponsorship deals associated with it and things back to pre covid normality, our match day/sponsorship will grow exponentially. Rather not give it up at this point.

Possibly. Need more information.

Sure perez will come out at some point. How will this effect madrid and barcas esl plans? Is this in part a way for la liga to say we can build our own finances with no need of hand me downs. Be interesting to see how it pans out.

Both clubs are a mess, that €500M was pretty much required to keep them from going out of business, Madrid has cut back their spending desperately and both squads are badly aging and unable to compete in Europe going forward without significant strengthening.

This is a desperation move, it means they have run out of short/mid term re-financing options and they are basically selling their future.

I would be very worried if we got to the point where we did this.

Both clubs are a mess, that €500M was pretty much required to keep them from going out of business, Madrid has cut back their spending desperately and both squads are badly aging and unable to compete in Europe going forward without significant strengthening.

This is a desperation move, it means they have run out of short/mid term re-financing options and they are basically selling their future.

I would be very worried if we got to the point where we did this.

The clubs haven't agreed yet. La liga still have to sell it to them.

Messi really pushed for Barca to sign Romero, as he would love to play with his compatriot. So... He can play in the same team as Romero if he wants. I'd have no problem with that.

Interesting...we do have a history of surprise signing Argentinians, so why not! :D

that would work but for...

16273008584886.jpg

Possibly. Need more information.

Sure perez will come out at some point. How will this effect madrid and barcas esl plans? Is this in part a way for la liga to say we can build our own finances with no need of hand me downs. Be interesting to see how it pans out.

Think there is some rationale to your post as according to some informed sources, It’s almost a bribe for them to drop their ESL plans.

This messi thing seems strange to me. Barca could have cut wages in other ways. Loan/sell out a few players like griezman, pjanic and coutinho. But they announce messi leaving in the middle of the transfer window?

Seems like a threat to la liga, don't adjust the salary cap the biggest star goes abroad. The tv rights are up for sale in september. Will la liga cave though? If they bend the rules for barca then any club that breaks them can appeal any punishment to the cas and will most likely win. Tebas has previously said he won't break the rules for messi.

Can see this lasting a while.

This messi thing seems strange to me. Barca could have cut wages in other ways. Loan/sell out a few players like griezman, pjanic and coutinho. But they announce messi leaving in the middle of the transfer window?

Seems like a threat to la liga, don't adjust the salary cap the biggest star goes abroad. The tv rights are up for sale in september. Will la liga cave though? If they bend the rules for barca then any club that breaks them can appeal any punishment to the cas and will most likely win. Tebas has previously said he won't break the rules for messi.

Can see this lasting a while.

Apparently the amortization due on some of those players is huge e.g. Pjanic signed last year on a 4 year deal for 60m so it would be 45m.

And their wages are so high that no one wants them, they'd have to pay them off - I believe Griezmann is on 600K a week.

Back