• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

TalkSport’s statement and apology :

A caller phoned The Sports Bar on talkSPORT and made an offensive remark about Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy. This was broadcast live on the talkSPORT YouTube channel, despite being ‘dumped’ on air, meaning it was not broadcast on our radio channels.

Head of talkSPORT, Lee Clayton has released the following apology: “We are all appalled by the comment that was made by a caller during a live YouTube broadcast of The Sports Bar. There is absolutely no room for discrimination of any kind in society.

“We are deeply sorry to Tottenham and, especially, to chairman Daniel Levy, as well as their supporters and the Jewish community for the offence caused by this hateful comment, which should never have been broadcast.

“The comment was rightly dumped on our radio station, where we broadcast with a slight delay to ensure any unexpected and inappropriate comments don’t make it to air. It was, however, streamed live on the talkSPORT YouTube channel, which we are currently testing and which awaits a similar profanity/offence delay. Our team did not take our YouTube stream into consideration and therefore the comments were not challenged as they should have been for our viewers on YouTube.

“It is unacceptable that the comment appeared anywhere and as broadcast partners of the Premier League, we take our position very seriously. We are comprehensively reviewing all of our processes, involving our teams across programming, social media and compliance.

“We have suspended live broadcasting on YouTube until we can be sure we have the same processes and protections in place as we have for our radio broadcasting.”

talkSPORT response to offensive remark about Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy

They should have referred to it as a racist comment, not merely an offensive comment.

TalkSport’s statement and apology :

A caller phoned The Sports Bar on talkSPORT and made an offensive remark about Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy. This was broadcast live on the talkSPORT YouTube channel, despite being ‘dumped’ on air, meaning it was not broadcast on our radio channels.

Head of talkSPORT, Lee Clayton has released the following apology: “We are all appalled by the comment that was made by a caller during a live YouTube broadcast of The Sports Bar. There is absolutely no room for discrimination of any kind in society.

“We are deeply sorry to Tottenham and, especially, to chairman Daniel Levy, as well as their supporters and the Jewish community for the offence caused by this hateful comment, which should never have been broadcast.

“The comment was rightly dumped on our radio station, where we broadcast with a slight delay to ensure any unexpected and inappropriate comments don’t make it to air. It was, however, streamed live on the talkSPORT YouTube channel, which we are currently testing and which awaits a similar profanity/offence delay. Our team did not take our YouTube stream into consideration and therefore the comments were not challenged as they should have been for our viewers on YouTube.

“It is unacceptable that the comment appeared anywhere and as broadcast partners of the Premier League, we take our position very seriously. We are comprehensively reviewing all of our processes, involving our teams across programming, social media and compliance.

“We have suspended live broadcasting on YouTube until we can be sure we have the same processes and protections in place as we have for our radio broadcasting.”

talkSPORT response to offensive remark about Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy

They should have referred to it as a racist comment, not merely an offensive comment.

Jewish isn't a race. Although difficult anyone can become Jewish.

I'm sorry I don't think that apology is good enough. Talksport presenters in general have been pretty forceful in their support of taking the knee and calling out the boo boys, why is there no mention of the fact that neither presenter said a fudging word and I don't give a brick if their both gooners it was a vile anti-semitic comment and they said nothing.

I'm sorry I don't think that apology is good enough. Talksport presenters in general have been pretty forceful in their support of taking the knee and calling out the boo boys, why is there no mention of the fact that neither presenter said a fudging word and I don't give a brick if their both gooners it was a vile anti-semitic comment and they said nothing.

Groves was obviously disgusted by the remark and the main presenter cut the caller off straight away. They should have made an apology but to suggest that they ignored it is unfair.

I didn't suggest they ignored it I said they said nothing! Why not?

It seems that as the producer pressed the dump button so that it wouldn’t go out on air they probably kept quiet as there was technically nothing to reply to.

Obvs they didn’t realise it was going out as live on YT so the comment and their subsequent silence was broadcast.

So probably not the presenters’ fault, but a hugely flawed tech process by TS.

It seems that as the producer pressed the dump button so that it wouldn’t go out on air they probably kept quiet as there was technically nothing to reply to.

Obvs they didn’t realise it was going out as live on YT so the comment and their subsequent silence was broadcast.

So probably not the presenters’ fault, but a hugely flawed tech process by TS.

Yes that's a reasonable explaination, maybe talksport needed to make that clearer because it doesn't look good.

Groves was obviously disgusted by the remark and the main presenter cut the caller off straight away. They should have made an apology but to suggest that they ignored it is unfair.

That does change things. The clubs stance that talkshyte did nothing seems unfair then. Cutting a caller off straight away shows they did not find it acceptable. The club on the other hand is in the right to highlight and make a thing out of it.

I don't think the presenters have anything to apologise for, TS shouldn't have published the video though.

In light of the fact that TS did publish the video, they do need to acknowledge and say "we assumed whole section would be cut out, hence we didn't comment. If we knew we would have absolutely verbalized our condemnation of what was said, etc. etc"

I don't know what fudging PR people these idiots work with, a quick acknowledgement, miss by team publishing video, we absolutely condemn and in future will strive to ensure this doesn't get through our editing/publishing process, how fudging hard is that? you wait for Spurs to make a statement?

In a world full of dog whistles, and light condemnation only when really pushed, this comes off badly.

Back