• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Not sure if it has been noticed but Gary Neville is very chirpy about the situation in many outlets:

Speaking to Sky Sports , he said: “If Harry Kane was meant to report to pre-season training with Tottenham on Monday, then he should've come back. You can never advocate any player not turning up for training - it's as simple as that.

"You've got to turn up and you've got to do your job. However, I've worked with Harry and I can't think of a more professional footballer that I've ever seen”.

He was the one who started all of this through his interview. Typical British media, throws the grenade in the room then stands by and watches. Same with Sky Sports and TalkSport - They have helped facilitate this.

Could 9nly have done it if Kane wanted it.

Could 9nly have done it if Kane wanted it.

I’m not naive to think Kane didn’t have anything to do with this, far from it but for Neville et al to facilitate it then to call him out for not turning up to training is nonsense.

It’s like egging a mate on in school to pick on someone then after the event saying it was out of order.

The media have had a huge part to play in this by almost selling Kane to City for us now they are all saying how out of order he is for forcing the move.

For clarity, Kane for me can leave, he has done his time and given us mostly everything, apart from turning up in some really big games when it mattered but he can only leave on Levy’s terms as that’s the deal he made with the Devil when he signed a 6 year deal.

I remember with Modric we was all annoyed with him then he banged in an absolute screamer first game against Liverpool and all was well again
I agree up to a point.

I think it's slightly different with a player that's come through the academy, one of our own, all that stuff. Fans have perhaps been even more understanding about Kane wanting to leave given the amount of time he's been here. But the way you go about it matters. That understanding is eroding.

I don't think all was well with Modric. I don't think all will be well with Kane. We did and will cheer, support, hope, sing, all of the things we do. But I think once something like this has happened at best it will take time (more than a season) to really repair.

It won't be the same level of affection, the same level of support. We will be happy as long as results and performances are there, but not the same. It won't be forgotten, but it can work.

I’m not naive to think Kane didn’t have anything to do with this, far from it but for Neville et al to facilitate it then to call him out for not turning up to training is nonsense.

It’s like egging a mate on in school to pick on someone then after the event saying it was out of order.

The media have had a huge part to play in this by almost selling Kane to City for us now they are all saying how out of order he is for forcing the move.

For clarity, Kane for me can leave, he has done his time and given us mostly everything, apart from turning up in some really big games when it mattered but he can only leave on Levy’s terms as that’s the deal he made with the Devil when he signed a 6 year deal.
I think the media are being used a lot more than they are causing this.

If Neville didn't, someone else would have. Kane wanted it to happen and the media will give him time.

The media helps strengthen the idea that success is only measured by trophies and being at the very biggest, very richest clubs. The kind of narrative that would have you think that Le Tissier and Totti weren't really successful, or not as successful as they could have been. They strengthen the already strong polarising effect in football. Within a single transfer or potential transfer they're happy to be used by agents, posters and clubs.

Perhaps some outlets are more principled, but the reality is it's a race to the bottom on this. If you don't, someone else will and doing the story generates revenue. It's a big ask to ask for more or better from the media, perhaps an even bigger ask than asking Kane to stay with us even if we win nothing.

Think there was talk of who could replace Kane's goals a few pages back and maybe this is better for the transfer section.

I would like to see us come away from the reliance on one striker (I'm sure we wont be able to get away with that when we don't have someone with Kane's quality).

I'd go one step further and say I'm not even desperate that we get a full on goal machine up top. The position where we could really improve and have lacked goals (outside of Bales purple patch) is Right Forward.

Liverpool pretty much completely changed their fortunes with the signing of Salah and have only had a 10 goal striker between him and Mane. Emirates Marketing Project have managed to get a tune out of firstly Bernado, and then Mahrez - without the need for a 20 goal striker last season.

If we can somehow find a RWF version of Son (Paratici - do your thing) and a progressive RB, then we can completely change the way we rely on one forward. Obviously there will still be a need for us to sign a forward or two if Kane left but with £130-150m potentially coming in, there is plenty in the tank to get the balance right.

Neville is speaking with forked tongue. He makes all the right noises about it being wrong not to turn up for training, but then says with Kane being such a professional there must be a reason for him to do that, and that reason must be that Levy has gone back on his agreement. So say the right thing (because otherwise he's just laying a future trap for himself) but get Kane's view of things out there all the same.

Think there was talk of who could replace Kane's goals a few pages back and maybe this is better for the transfer section.

I would like to see us come away from the reliance on one striker (I'm sure we wont be able to get away with that when we don't have someone with Kane's quality).

I'd go one step further and say I'm not even desperate that we get a full on goal machine up top. The position where we could really improve and have lacked goals (outside of Bales purple patch) is Right Forward.

Liverpool pretty much completely changed their fortunes with the signing of Salah and have only had a 10 goal striker between him and Mane. Emirates Marketing Project have managed to get a tune out of firstly Bernado, and then Mahrez - without the need for a 20 goal striker last season.

If we can somehow find a RWF version of Son (Paratici - do your thing) and a progressive RB, then we can completely change the way we rely on one forward. Obviously there will still be a need for us to sign a forward or two if Kane left but with £130-150m potentially coming in, there is plenty in the tank to get the balance right.

I agree. Though finding that consistent goal threat from a RWF is difficult. Two strikers will eat up quite a bit of that incoming transfer fee even if "false 9" players often aren't as expensive as the pure goalscoring machines. So how much would we be left with to secure a RFW?

Huge and difficult decisions for Paratici and the team if Kane goes.

I agree. Though finding that consistent goal threat from a RWF is difficult. Two strikers will eat up quite a bit of that incoming transfer fee even if "false 9" players often aren't as expensive as the pure goalscoring machines. So how much would we be left with to secure a RFW?

Huge and difficult decisions for Paratici and the team if Kane goes.

Agreed. There's not a huge pool. But we may have to accept what will be an obvious backward step up top to upgrade elsewhere. And then there's coaching - Paratici and co should be able to find some players on an upward curve that we can push on. 2 years ago I had to convince someone on this forum that Grealish had a higher ceiling than Jon McGinn when 40m was being discussed - and I'm not a professional scout.

Neville is speaking with forked tongue. He makes all the right noises about it being wrong not to turn up for training, but then says with Kane being such a professional there must be a reason for him to do that, and that reason must be that Levy has gone back on his agreement. So say the right thing (because otherwise he's just laying a future trap for himself) but get Kane's view of things out there all the same.

But that’s the problem with informal agreements, they are at a certain time, under certain conditions and with certain information.

I think there was an agreement, but i think it will be along the lines of Levy saying ‘if we dont win anything and you still want to leave, you can, for £150mill’. The fact is now that the conditions have changed due to COVID, everyone is skint. No one can afford £150 mill so essentially, he cant leave. And as anyone who deals with contracts knows, that’s why you have a legal contract, rather than a basic verbal or written email; to plan in these kind of issues so there is a dispute resolution clause etc.

Legal agreements always seem to be a waste of time until you need to actually rely on one.

But that’s the problem with informal agreements, they are at a certain time, under certain conditions and with certain information.

I think there was an agreement, but i think it will be along the lines of Levy saying ‘if we dont win anything and you still want to leave, you can, for £150mill’. The fact is now that the conditions have changed due to COVID, everyone is skint. No one can afford £150 mill so essentially, he cant leave. And as anyone who deals with contracts knows, that’s why you have a legal contract, rather than a basic verbal or written email; to plan in these kind of issues so there is a dispute resolution clause etc.

Legal agreements always seem to be a waste of time until you need to actually rely on one.

Yes! And especially if you're a 100-150 million pound asset! Kane (and/or his advisors) must be extremely naive if they think they can rely on some sort of verbal agreement.

Yes! And especially if you're a 100-150 million pound asset! Kane (and/or his advisors) must be extremely naive if they think they can rely on some sort of verbal agreement.

Ignorance is bliss when you can double your wages... Levy perhaps said "I will sell you next summer, if a club meets our valuation of you" and certain parts of that are being ignored, hence the whole "£100m" nonsense from City and Kane himself.

Certainly been an eventful few months to be a Spurs fan. After the manager search we all knew what was coming next. So did the club and we can only hope the powers that be have prepared for this situation. I will never understand why Kane has gone about things this way, tarnishing his reputation. He was one of sports most respected role models, MBE for heavens sake. Also I don’t fully believe his need for trophies. What does an athlete want more, individual or team gold? How many ‘golden boots’ has Harry won while playing for Spurs?

He wants to leave, I don’t begrudge him that. But does he realise how much damage he has done by his actions? Or how the fan base is going to react? Meanwhile the club has remained silent, no complaint about City’s or Kanes actions. Football isn’t jumpers for goalposts anymore. It is a multi million business; the club doesn’t want to turndown the chance to make money out of this. The player sees an opportunity to make money (and win a trophy). But City want the best price. Levy wont be out Levied. Simple.

Its us, the fans who suffer the most from these situations. Once again we don’t know the truth and so make stuff up, just as we did about the new manager. When the dust settles from this saga I hope that the team and new manager can respond in the best possible way and maybe win something for us, the supporters, with or without Harry Kane.

Maybe it's looking in to the minor details but unless I'm mistaken Kane hasn't made any post about the new season or Nuno had he? That in itself is a bit odd, I get people not wanting to do that stuff during a tournament a la Sancho, it's not fatal but does seem a tad odd. Not casting any judgement until there's a bit more concrete info..

Hope there's something in that Spain money thing, if we're being pessimistic it'd be nicer to see him playing for Los Blancos than City. And at least we'll have been looking at a few potential deals in every position.

Maybe it's looking in to the minor details but unless I'm mistaken Kane hasn't made any post about the new season or Nuno had he? That in itself is a bit odd, I get people not wanting to do that stuff during a tournament a la Sancho, it's not fatal but does seem a tad odd. Not casting any judgement until there's a bit more concrete info..

Hope there's something in that Spain money thing, if we're being pessimistic it'd be nicer to see him playing for Los Blancos than City. And at least we'll have been looking at a few potential deals in every position.

He also still has his England shirt on in his twitter and Instagram avatars. Think it’s safe to say he feels he has played his last game for us. I agree would much rather see him sold to Spain, even for less money. City are a plastic club. I’d rather see Chelsea win the league over them.

I hope it is dropping slowly into Kane's head how he has just been used as an agent of destabilisation at Spurs. If City really valued him, they would have dropped the money by now.

Also has he ever reviewed Pep's tactics? Pep rarely buys no.9s. He prefers forwards that can play as 9 or the wings. He rarely utilises an out and out striker. The last one he bought was Zlatan and then he overpaid.

Back