• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

So mask would be quite useful then.

N95 mask will stop you catching it although they don't filter air the wearer breathes out. Disposable medical masks wont do much. They'll stop droplets and large particles but not airborne viruses. They may slow the spread somewhat. But we don't want that. We want any peak to be in summer where the nhs can handle it. We may already be past the peak.

Get vaccinated is the best advice.

Last edited:
Informative read on scientific study on masks. For reference the covid virus is between 50nm and 140nm.

Surgical masks showed penetration levels of approximately 55–85% and 70–90% at flow rates of 30 and 100 liters/minute, respectively, for 300 nm particles.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7357397/

(This would be under lab conditions. Not with people fiddling with their mask or taking it off to eat or drink).

Size

https://www.news-medical.net/health/The-Size-of-SARS-CoV-2-Compared-to-Other-Things.aspx

So against delta, surgical masks are pretty useless.

Last edited:
I’ve got my vaccine booked for Wednesday and I work in care at the moment.

But don’t know whether I’ll go through with it....

My mum has Huntington’s and my grandmother died of it last year too. There’s a 50% chance that I have this also (and a 50% chance that I don’t, but that side of the coins easy to forget...

I’m almost 28 and I wasn’t that worried about getting the vaccine till in January I read that it works through a ‘harmless little protein’.

That part made me brick myself... Huntington’s works because if you have it there’s a mutated Huntingtin protein...

No doctor can tell me for sure there’s no chance that this won’t bring my (potential) Huntington’s on sooner than it otherwise would, because we wouldn’t know that for another 10,20,30 years once we’ve seen what it does.

I doubt I’m going to get that vaccine. I’d rather leave my job in care then possibly come to regret this down the road.

Informative read on scientific study on masks. For reference the covid virus is between 50nm and 140nm.

Surgical masks showed penetration levels of approximately 55–85% and 70–90% at flow rates of 30 and 100 liters/minute, respectively, for 300 nm particles.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7357397/

(This would be under lab conditions. Not with people fiddling with their mask or taking it off to eat or drink).

Size

https://www.news-medical.net/health/The-Size-of-SARS-CoV-2-Compared-to-Other-Things.aspx

So against delta, surgical masks are pretty useless.

I’m not sure about this. It’s a bit like saying piranhas are small enough to swim in to your home via your open windows without taking into account the obvious.

My mum has Huntington’s and my grandmother died of it last year too. There’s a 50% chance that I have this also (and a 50% chance that I don’t, but that side of the coins easy to forget...

I’m almost 28 and I wasn’t that worried about getting the vaccine till in January I read that it works through a ‘harmless little protein’.

That part made me brick myself... Huntington’s works because if you have it there’s a mutated Huntingtin protein...

No doctor can tell me for sure there’s no chance that this won’t bring my (potential) Huntington’s on sooner than it otherwise would, because we wouldn’t know that for another 10,20,30 years once we’ve seen what it does.

I doubt I’m going to get that vaccine. I’d rather leave my job in care then possibly come to regret this down the road.

Talk to your doctor.

Take medical advice obviously but if you have genuine and serious concerns then you should be able to get an exemption (in case we end up in some kind of totalitarian world where you can’t participate in society without a jab). You have to do what’s right for you. I have no time whatsoever for anti-vaxxers but for people with genuine concerns there should be some understanding and leeway.

Ok i've been a bit unfair on masks. (Never been against wearing them, and still do in certain circumstances).

Masks were very useful when trying to stop the health service get overwhelmed. A 10% reduction in transmission is huge. Because if the health service hits the maximum they can care for, then they have to choose. The others it is palliative care. Shot of morphine and goodbye.

We are nowhere near that now and with delta, it doesn't seem surgical masks make any difference.

More than half of Covid hospitalisations are patients who only tested positive after admission, leaked data reveal.

The figures suggest vast numbers are being classed as hospitalised by Covid when they were admitted with other ailments, with the virus picked up by routine testing.

Experts said it meant the national statistics, published daily on the government website and frequently referred to by ministers, may far overstate the levels of pressures on the NHS.

The leaked data – covering all NHS trusts in England – show that, as of last Thursday, just 44 per cent of patients classed as being hospitalised with Covid had tested positive by the time they were admitted.

The majority of cases were not detected until patients underwent standard Covid tests, carried out on everyone admitted to hospital for any reason.

Overall, 56 per cent of Covid hospitalisations fell into this category, the data, seen by The Telegraph, show.

Crucially, this group does not distinguish between those admitted because of severe illness, later found to be caused by the virus, and those in hospital for different reasons who might otherwise never have known that they had picked it up.

Last month, health officials instructed NHS trusts to provide "a breakdown of the current stock of Covid patients", splitting it into those who were in hospital primarily because of the virus and those there for other reasons. So far, NHS England has failed to publish this data.

However, the patterns shown in the leaked figures – with the vast majority of hospital Covid cases being diagnosed after admission, in some cases weeks later – suggest it includes large numbers likely to have been admitted for other reasons.

The breakdown of daily Covid hospital diagnoses shows that of more than 780 hospitalisations dated last Thursday, 44 per cent involved people who tested positive in the 14 days before hospital entry.

A further 43 per cent were made within two days of admission, with 13 per cent made in the days and weeks that followed, including those likely to have caught the virus in hospital.

Experts said the high number of cases being detected belatedly – at a time when PCR tests were widely available – suggested many such patients had been admitted for other reasons.

Prof Carl Heneghan, director of the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at the University of Oxford, said: "This data is incredibly important, and it should be published on an ongoing basis.

"When people hear about hospitalisations with Covid, they will assume that Covid is the likely cause, but this data shows something quite different – this is about Covid being detected after tests were looking for it."

Prof Heneghan urged the Government to publish clearer data, including whether or not the virus was the primary cause of hospital admission.

"This needs to be fixed as a matter of urgency," he said, adding that the published data could lead the public "towards false conclusions", exaggerating the true levels of pressures on hospitals.

I am starting to think they are really fcuking with us.

More than half of Covid hospitalisations are patients who only tested positive after admission, leaked data reveal.

The figures suggest vast numbers are being classed as hospitalised by Covid when they were admitted with other ailments, with the virus picked up by routine testing.

Experts said it meant the national statistics, published daily on the government website and frequently referred to by ministers, may far overstate the levels of pressures on the NHS.

The leaked data – covering all NHS trusts in England – show that, as of last Thursday, just 44 per cent of patients classed as being hospitalised with Covid had tested positive by the time they were admitted.

The majority of cases were not detected until patients underwent standard Covid tests, carried out on everyone admitted to hospital for any reason.

Overall, 56 per cent of Covid hospitalisations fell into this category, the data, seen by The Telegraph, show.

Crucially, this group does not distinguish between those admitted because of severe illness, later found to be caused by the virus, and those in hospital for different reasons who might otherwise never have known that they had picked it up.

Last month, health officials instructed NHS trusts to provide "a breakdown of the current stock of Covid patients", splitting it into those who were in hospital primarily because of the virus and those there for other reasons. So far, NHS England has failed to publish this data.

However, the patterns shown in the leaked figures – with the vast majority of hospital Covid cases being diagnosed after admission, in some cases weeks later – suggest it includes large numbers likely to have been admitted for other reasons.

The breakdown of daily Covid hospital diagnoses shows that of more than 780 hospitalisations dated last Thursday, 44 per cent involved people who tested positive in the 14 days before hospital entry.

A further 43 per cent were made within two days of admission, with 13 per cent made in the days and weeks that followed, including those likely to have caught the virus in hospital.

Experts said the high number of cases being detected belatedly – at a time when PCR tests were widely available – suggested many such patients had been admitted for other reasons.

Prof Carl Heneghan, director of the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at the University of Oxford, said: "This data is incredibly important, and it should be published on an ongoing basis.

"When people hear about hospitalisations with Covid, they will assume that Covid is the likely cause, but this data shows something quite different – this is about Covid being detected after tests were looking for it."

Prof Heneghan urged the Government to publish clearer data, including whether or not the virus was the primary cause of hospital admission.

"This needs to be fixed as a matter of urgency," he said, adding that the published data could lead the public "towards false conclusions", exaggerating the true levels of pressures on hospitals.

I am starting to think they are really fcuking with us.

It does need more transparency.

But i would be very wary of anything Heneghan has to say. He is a part of the great barrington declaration along with gupta. They are funded by the Poch brothers.

The same i am wary of independent sage and where their funding comes from.

N95 mask will stop you catching it although they don't filter air the wearer breathes out. Disposable medical masks wont do much. They'll stop droplets and large particles but not airborne viruses. They may slow the spread somewhat. But we don't want that. We want any peak to be in summer where the nhs can handle it. We may already be past the peak.

Get vaccinated is the best advice.

Viral load dude

Not airborne viruses. Hence airborne.

Yea in a fog of Aerosols, fine droplets expelled by sneezing, coughing and breathing. People arent spewing out great clouds of individual virus.

The virus is held within our mucus membranes, it’s mucus droplets that hold virus particles that are expelled as an aerosol.

Yeah remember the vid i posted. Delta has 1200x the viral load of the original strain.

Yes, and masks, even poorly fitted ones prevent a percentage of that viral load getting to the uninfected. It was established quite early that higher the viral load on infection is important

Yes, and masks, even poorly fitted ones prevent a percentage of that viral load getting to the uninfected. It was established quite early that higher the viral load on infection is important

And i posted scientific research that said surgical masks can stop around 15% of particles 300nm and larger. Covid is between 20nm and 140nm. There is also 1200x the amount of viral load. So wearing a mask will meen you probably only get 900x the amount from delta as the original strain. Yay.

Yea in a fog of Aerosols, fine droplets expelled by sneezing, coughing and breathing. People arent spewing out great clouds of individual virus.

The virus is held within our mucus membranes, it’s mucus droplets that hold virus particles that are expelled as an aerosol.

Airborne, droplet different things. Covid can be transmitted by both. Delta, airborne is the main route of transmission not droplet.

Watch the video.

And i posted scientific research that said surgical masks can stop around 15% of particles 300nm and larger. Covid is between 20nm and 140nm. There is also 1200x the amount of viral load. So wearing a mask will meen you probably only get 900x the amount from delta as the original strain. Yay.

Whats the info on how much viral load you spread to another person who is also wearing a mask

But even with your numbers it is still a reduction. The surgical masks aren't great thats why brought my self and my family N95 masks. My issue is with the government getting rid of mandating masks, instead they should have suggested n95 masks.

Reinfection Is happening. This is a fast mutating virus, anything that we can do to stop the spread and the potential of mutation is a good thing. Because who knows what the next mutation will be.

Linked to this and What I cant get my head around is this:

There is an evolutionary advantage for viruses to weaken, ie if the virus doesn't kill or make a carrier seriously ill it can go on and infect more people and therefore become the dominant mutation of the virus.

The vaccines we have mainly don't prevent infection but do to a supposedly 90% degree prevent serious symptoms.

So if by introducing these types of vaccines we take away the evolutionary advantage of the virus to mutate in to a weaker version of itself what does that mean?

Last edited:
Back