• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

You snooze, you lose - whilst our transfers inch towards completion, some other team wakes up - contacted by the player's agent - and then the player's head is turned. I have been in recruitment for 37 years - if the candidate doesn't take the job pretty quickly then he/she starts to have other choices. Now you want the candidate to end up happy with the new employer - in this case team - but if you leave it for a while they almost always find reasons not to sign up - same psychology in Football - if you want the player, get it done!

You snooze, you lose - whilst our transfers inch towards completion, some other team wakes up - contacted by the player's agent - and then the player's head is turned. I have been in recruitment for 37 years - if the candidate doesn't take the job pretty quickly then he/she starts to have other choices. Now you want the candidate to end up happy with the new employer - in this case team - but if you leave it for a while they almost always find reasons not to sign up - same psychology in Football - if you want the player, get it done!
Quite a different market to actually be buying an asset… which is what a transfer is. It’s not recruitment from a open market for a start

I’ve done that for 26 years and brought companies, as well as contracts
Your really not comparing apples with apples

Abs if it’s any consequence Lamela is gone and Gil is joining as soon as he can sign (tricky as he is in Japan but sure they will sort that)

thats 2 in a week

Certainty of what?
We can have everything agreed with the club but can’t announce it until the player signs when he can… just like the sancho deal

....but if the players agent speaks to another club in the meantime, he might not sign and therefore the deal collapses

....but if the players agent speaks to another club in the meantime, he might not sign and therefore the deal collapses
Yep
Thats why clubs do deals with clubs too
i Mean if it was that easy one would be a Emirates Marketing Project player as they can do a deal with him now
What happens is the clubs can agree terms…. Sign those terms… and agree terms with a player. That’s exactly how a deal should be done
Sometimes clubs go direct to the player first which is actually against the rules as we know
Sometimes a player will bro want to sign and the selling club may have to pay the club who they agreed a fee with some money (Pompey had to pay us money for Begovic https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....1/portsmouth-tottenham-asmir-begovic-accounts

Sorry to do this to this Forum and all the positives I am reading BUT if Paratici has the Gil deal ready and Romero hot to trot, what's the betting our Chairrman has now stepped up and said well don Fabio - lets leave it for three weeks and see if they blink and we can get a few £m off these deals?

Now you can pile in on me about this negativity but why do our deals seem to take so long? Why are our deals always incredibly complex and thus they often fall through :( Just give them the parking space/luncheon vouchers Danny - don't sweat the little stuff :(

Have you always been a miserable sod? :rolleyes:

Have you always been a miserable sod? :rolleyes:
Well I said I don't mean to pour cold water on things - but obviously have :( Disappointed too many times - Moutinho lives on in my mind - could have got us in to the CL a season or two before we made it... So I just struggle to feel optimistic. And if Harry goes then I will be disconsolate - it will be such an indictment of Levy's tenure that the Chairman should then hang his head in shame that our best striker since Greavsie has no confidence in the club winning things. I suppose I could live in hope like many on here - as well as not letting a word be said against the Chairman - but, as they say, its the hope that kills you! :( And BTW - I would love to be proved wrong and would very quickly give credit to DL but just not holding my breath :( )

Isn't Paratici responsible for negotiating as well? Surely he's been given a budget by Levy, and he's going about doing his job with that. Would he have wanted the job if he wasn't given authority to sign deals? You'd think that was a given with his job, but who knows.

Isn't Paratici responsible for negotiating as well? Surely he's been given a budget by Levy, and he's going about doing his job with that. Would he have wanted the job if he wasn't given authority to sign deals? You'd think that was a given with his job, but who knows.
Course he is
He is covering off everything now

Hercules on SC

Paratici knows European clubs don’t have money. And knows the DNA on his targets. He has set unmovable deadlines on all his deals incoming. Agents falling over themselves to get their clients through the door. Everyone knows the price we will go to, and not a penny more. I honestly believe our first/second pick (in Paratici’s eyes is first combined pick). One will happen out of those variables. And I said the next two weeks will be very good.

Whilst I’m at it, Charlie (H’s brother & agent) has to eat humble pie. H has been told in no uncertain terms that he is not for sale, unless someone comes up with circa 200m, or near straight cash offer. And that will not happen. More will come out later, then I can confirm it. But won’t go any further.

A lot to look forward to. Once our business is done, I expect couple major announcements
1f609.png

Sorry to do this to this Forum and all the positives I am reading BUT if Paratici has the Gil deal ready and Romero hot to trot, what's the betting our Chairrman has now stepped up and said well don Fabio - lets leave it for three weeks and see if they blink and we can get a few £m off these deals?

Now you can pile in on me about this negativity but why do our deals seem to take so long? Why are our deals always incredibly complex and thus they often fall through :( Just give them the parking space/luncheon vouchers Danny - don't sweat the little stuff :(

Zero, it's quite clear the negotiating we are doing is not Levy's style.

Are you seriously asking why a swap deal in Covid times between two clubs in different countries, with one of the players in the Olympics (in a third country) is taking time?

Romero actually didn't belong to Atalanta (option/obligation to buy), so they have to execute the transfer to Atalanta, then the sale on to Spurs

Zero, it's quite clear the negotiating we are doing is not Levy's style.

Are you seriously asking why a swap deal in Covid times between two clubs in different countries, with one of the players in the Olympics (in a third country) is taking time?

Romero actually didn't belong to Atalanta (option/obligation to buy), so they have to execute the transfer to Atalanta, then the sale on to Spurs

i know we all the players here now
It’s an obsession here at Spurs as we always buy late
Even when we don’t, people say we do
But as you say buying a player from a club who don’t own him is tricky
Buying a player who is in another tournament and another time zone can be challenging
But then that’s why we have a dedicated person and team to do that

I look at the time it’s took the arse to get Ben white and united Sancho

It’s an odd window for most players

Back