• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Covid Games/Tokyo Olympics

Like with the Mens Taekwondo the GB girl lost it in the final seconds
All those years of training and dedication to lose it like that, gutting

The mountain biking looks brutal. Pidrooster looks set to win gold though. Great effort from the 21 year old.
Think you're in a better time zone for watching it than us.

Coverage is fragmented on the Beeb this year. I don't think they have the rights iirc. Secondary feed from Discovery I think.

Think you're in a better time zone for watching it than us.

Coverage is fragmented on the Beeb this year. I don't think they have the rights iirc. Secondary feed from Discovery I think.
Yeh no multi stream like in 2012 and 2016, shame that unless you have Discovery +
If you have Sky Q you can get a year free of Discovery +
I love it, has so much I love to watch

Japan is taking Basketball very serious this year

Really cool. Presumably a tweaked model would be unbeatable at set pieces, pens and perhaps even throw ins as well. So, would fielding ten humans and a robot make sense if you were pretty much guaranteed a goal from free kicks?

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the mental health thread...

Firstly, to be clear I'm not having a pop at the decision or her as person at all, but one part of what USA Gymnast Simone Biles said after withdrawing gets to me slightly. Maybe it's just me being pedantic because I think I get what she's trying to say but it's still just not the best way to express it:

"After the performance I did, I just didn't want to go on," she said.

"I have to focus on my mental health. I just think mental health is more prevalent in sports right now."

The last line, it just isn't correct. Mental health has always been a massive factor in sports much like physical health, it hasn't suddenly appeared out of nowhere. You could definitely say there is more awareness of the concept and hopefully a higher level of understanding but it's not something those darn snowflakes or Gen Z'ers invented.

Similar vein of facetiousness on my part but it's like when people say "I'm suffering from mental health". Even as I'm typing it, it seems petty and would totally be a dingdong move to correct someone who had brought it up but it's the lexical side of it that irks me somewhat.

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the mental health thread...

Firstly, to be clear I'm not having a pop at the decision or her as person at all, but one part of what USA Gymnast Simone Biles said after withdrawing gets to me slightly. Maybe it's just me being pedantic because I think I get what she's trying to say but it's still just not the best way to express it:

"After the performance I did, I just didn't want to go on," she said.

"I have to focus on my mental health. I just think mental health is more prevalent in sports right now."

The last line, it just isn't correct. Mental health has always been a massive factor in sports much like physical health, it hasn't suddenly appeared out of nowhere. You could definitely say there is more awareness of the concept and hopefully a higher level of understanding but it's not something those darn snowflakes or Gen Z'ers invented.

Similar vein of facetiousness on my part but it's like when people say "I'm suffering from mental health". Even as I'm typing it, it seems petty and would totally be a dingdong move to correct someone who had brought it up but it's the lexical side of it that irks me somewhat.
I thought the same at the time.

The suggestion between the lines of what she's saying is that if she'd been as good as she normally is, her mental health would be just fine.

Suffering from real mental health issues is not the same as getting sad because she fudged up.

Back