• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

True.... He can cover as a really poor centre back or an atrocious defensive midfield player.

I do think that Dier will end up staying, but only because we'll be unable to find a club that would give us any money for him.

This, Toby looks gone, Sanchez has interest, even CCV has two clubs trying to buy him

Dier covering multiple positions but poorly you mean.
I'd hope someone would come in for him being an England International but it looks like he is going to e the hardest player to shift and probably one of the weakest we have.
The least he could do is improve his physique and look the part.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I'd hope someone would come in for him being an England International but it looks like he is going to e the hardest player to shift and probably one of the weakest we have.

Given that NES said some have not really played much due to the strenuous nature of pre-season, and given that Dier has featured in all, I'd say he must be in the sort of shape that satisfies the manager mate.

I'm sure he had loads of options and clubs willing to take him.
He is 32 not 35.
Instead he basically retires to live in a totalitarian state for the next few years for an extra few million over what he would have gotten.
He should already be set up for life at this stage.
It's just greed.

Imagine having to bring your family up in that place for a few years. How is that best for your family.
It's just pure greed and no self respect.

What do you expect from people in the entertainment business, they have millions of simple minded people worshiping them and they live in a different world with different rules. Their perspective is usually totally at odds with the rest of us.

You won't get a top class player as a 5th choice CB. I don't get what people expect of a player that is going to be only used when we have injuries in a certain position or in the cups.

You won't get a top class player as a 5th choice CB. I don't get what people expect of a player that is going to be only used when we have injuries in a certain position or in the cups.

You don't get it? OK ill clarify ....

I dont want Dier at the club any more, even as a sub I know that he will not come on and do anything great or to a suitable standard. Further to this his lack of effort will tinkle me off.

So what I would like is a good prospect from our academy to join the squad with no pressure but to give it his best shot. I'm sure just by the enthusiasm he is an upgrade on Dier.

I dont want Dier at the club any more, even as a sub I know that he will not come on and do anything great or to a suitable standard. Further to this his lack of effort will tinkle me off.

So what I would like is a good prospect from our academy to join the squad with no pressure but to give it his best shot. I'm sure just by the enthusiasm he is an upgrade on Dier.
That's great if we have academy players in those positions that are ready, which I doubt we have. We're already using a couple of relatively young players in CB without adding more in.
I get it that he's not the best player in the world and ideally he won't be used but we need cover in emergencies without bloating the squad and Dier, for all his faults, provides this.
And as for lack of effort, I've never seen this from him.

How is it worse than joining them!!?

Must be a wedge off the wage bill too. 80k a week? But we will miss his passing. Especially if playing a 3 at the back (unlikely will be 4 at the back most of the time). Without doubt Toby is our best current CB, which shows how lacking we've been in the position.

Was Poch's greatest failing choosing players to sign? Sanchez, Ndombele, LeCelco were the biggest reason for his downfall?
I think it’s more like £120k a week plus for Toby.

I'm sure he had loads of options and clubs willing to take him.
He is 32 not 35.
Instead he basically retires to live in a totalitarian state for the next few years for an extra few million over what he would have gotten.
He should already be set up for life at this stage.
It's just greed.

Imagine having to bring your family up in that place for a few years. How is that best for your family.
It's just pure greed and no self respect.
Not many clubs will match his salary at THFC, almost none would do so and pay a reasonable fee for him.

That's great if we have academy players in those positions that are ready, which I doubt we have. We're already using a couple of relatively young players in CB without adding more in.
I get it that he's not the best player in the world and ideally he won't be used but we need cover in emergencies without bloating the squad and Dier, for all his faults, provides this.
And as for lack of effort, I've never seen this from him.

Lack of effort and application is his biggest misgiving.

How many times have you not seen him jog instead of sprint, or lapse in concentration? Always seems to wave his arms in the air after too.

Agree but have to say that it is this reason why we don't win things. We need everyone to be competing for their roles and not just convenient and economical options. We need players off the bench showing they deserve to start the, next game, not just accepting that they need a few more matches to get match fit. Or saying that it's OK that journeymen like Dier conceded goals because he is not a natural CB. We lack the ruthlessness needed to win things.
It would not surprise me to see Dier still here at the end of the window, he is a good squad player and will get the chance to play on a few occasions. I get it that he is a hate fiqure for some but i really do not see him being let go,

Agree but have to say that it is this reason why we don't win things. We need everyone to be competing for their roles and not just convenient and economical options. We need players off the bench showing they deserve to start the, next game, not just accepting that they need a few more matches to get match fit. Or saying that it's OK that journeymen like Dier conceded goals because he is not a natural CB. We lack the ruthlessness needed to win things.

I’d suggest you go abs look at whose win the title at United and played a lot of games despite being mediocre… some ended up leaving to go to Sunderland and West Brom
what matters is how the plug the gaps when needed in the team

You can throw a lot of things at Dier, but lack of effort is not one of them.

Back