• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Someone explain what the masterplan here is turning up and doing this?

Is he just another Redknapp that can't resist promoting himself in the media at every opportunity?

He is the new face of the club

It is normal in Italy for the DoF to speak to the media regularly (every game)

This is the model going forward, more communication from club but not necessarily from Coach (who often isn't the decision maker, e.g. re transfers)

This sounds like a change in negotiating tactics we’ve employed for the past few years:

“Ribalta reveals Paratici’s mentality in negotiations. “I learned an important rule: if you like a player and you consider him important, you can pay a little more than the market price because you have to buy this guy. This can only happen if you are convinced of the player’s skills and potential. If you see a top talent and are sure of him, you cannot lose him for a few million: pay and move on.”

This sounds like a change in negotiating tactics we’ve employed for the past few years:

“Ribalta reveals Paratici’s mentality in negotiations. “I learned an important rule: if you like a player and you consider him important, you can pay a little more than the market price because you have to buy this guy. This can only happen if you are convinced of the player’s skills and potential. If you see a top talent and are sure of him, you cannot lose him for a few million: pay and move on.”
Levy won't be sleeping either when he reads that.

if nothing else the arrival of Don Fabio is making us sit up and pay attention - a bit like for the vets on here when Arnesen arrived. We didn't know what to expect, but quite quickly started to see relatively unknown players arrive who filled holes in the squad. Some were good - some, well, not so much. I suspect that will be the way with Paratici.

if nothing else the arrival of Don Fabio is making us sit up and pay attention - a bit like for the vets on here when Arnesen arrived. We didn't know what to expect, but quite quickly started to see relatively unknown players arrive who filled holes in the squad. Some were good - some, well, not so much. I suspect that will be the way with Paratici.

Spurs is a much bigger organization than the one Arnesen joined, what we are seeing is people dedicated to a role doing that role

The CFO guy has just renewed the Kumo sponsorship, seeming is lining up training kit/ground sponsorship and working on Stadium naming rights

Paratici has got a manager, goalkeeper, LW, and is working on CB (x2?), RB while also moving on Sanchez, Sissoko, Aurier, likely Winks

Tomiyasu & Gil are smart purchases, will they all work out = no, but young, promising players trying to prove themselves has been a good model for us in the past.

Spurs is a much bigger organization than the one Arnesen joined, what we are seeing is people dedicated to a role doing that role

The CFO guy has just renewed the Kumo sponsorship, seeming is lining up training kit/ground sponsorship and working on Stadium naming rights

Paratici has got a manager, goalkeeper, LW, and is working on CB (x2?), RB while also moving on Sanchez, Sissoko, Aurier, likely Winks

Tomiyasu & Gil are smart purchases, will they all work out = no, but young, promising players trying to prove themselves has been a good model for us in the past.

Yes, Paratici has started better than I expected. Getting Romero signed up would put us in a far better position by end of July than I dared hope

Can't spot a problem at all with his work so far. Very demanding summer all around, I'll begrudgingly accept less than perfection, but let's see where we end up at the end of it. So far the signs are very positive.

Surely a huge success is getting rid of dead wood
So far he is asking progress on that which is bloody healthy
I’d happily go into the season with all the dead wood gone and some roles infilled if it means we have shifted those players
It’s been a huge problem here for too long abs players that know this is as a good as it gets don’t progress and also carry baggage

Surely a huge success is getting rid of dead wood
So far he is asking progress on that which is bloody healthy
I’d happily go into the season with all the dead wood gone and some roles infilled if it means we have shifted those players
It’s been a huge problem here for too long abs players that know this is as a good as it gets don’t progress and also carry baggage

From the sounds of it him and Nuno are ruthless, they will tell you they dont want you straight away.

From the sounds of it him and Nuno are ruthless, they will tell you they dont want you straight away.
I was expecting this to happen under Mourinho but other than KWP I’d say Eriksen and Jan were reluctant losses. A little refresh is important not just for quality but also to prevent complacency.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if paratici brought any scouts with him? Saw an interview (while he was at juve) where he said he only uses 3 scouts. People that he trusts. Just curious if he brought them with him. Not seen any mention of it.

Won't really matter for this transfer window too much but might going forward.

Does anyone know if paratici brought any scouts with him? Saw an interview (while he was at juve) where he said he only uses 3 scouts. People that he trusts. Just curious if he brought them with him. Not seen any mention of it.

Won't really matter for this transfer window too much but might going forward.

No haven't seen anything, mostly all about his "contacts", don't know if he gets info from people or just keeps relationships for commercial purposes.

I would be surprised if we make some changes to scouting as we seem to be changing every other part of club (DoF, Manager, Commercials, PR, Academy)

Back