• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Yeah but we've a lot to spread it against -GK, 2X CBs, creative CM, RB ... and Levy's bonus for sealing the deal.
I don't think Levy gets bonuses for completing sales.

We also had the existing plans that would have gone ahead from prepared funds and any other transfers out. So there'd be a lot available

If Kane goes, the budget for a replacement striker will be very different
I’d assume it would be a big chunk of that money going on replacement strikers (plural)
Said it before but Ings and Vlahovic would be two I’d be all over. One proven in the league and one on the upward curve with immense talent. If we’re looking at playing the same way we did last season Isak is an option and would be £50m ish I reckon.
there are real options out there if we’re smart and that’s why we have brought in a DOF. But every signing is a gamble

Ings makes sense as backup to Kane only. Very risky if Ings is sought to replace Kane.
If Kane goes then I think it might be essential that one of the players we sign to replace him is proven in the PL. Will be a big ask to expect an overseas player to come in and hit the ground running, especially if they are young, up and coming player. Ings and either Vlahovic or Isak would be ideal IMO. Would still leave us significant funds to strengthen elsewhere.

Winger and Keeper that look done are not really needed . That’s the thing that concerns me. I want to see the positions where we having problem I.e CB addressed early.

Lots of weak links as you say to CMs not much surrounding striker. Again key areas.

Three weeks till season starts .
Backup goalie was definitely needed. Hart just isn't up to that role.

If the Gil rumours are true I would only worry if the fee for him would make a potential CB signing impossible due to a lack of funds. I refuse to believe that the club isn't on top of that, so I don't see the issue.

Some deals take longer, Paratici seemingly likes juggling a lot of deals at the same time. Going for Gil and working on the CB deals at the same time is just a normal Thursday for him, so good.

Backup goalie was definitely needed. Hart just isn't up to that role.

If the Gil rumours are true I would only worry if the fee for him would make a potential CB signing impossible due to a lack of funds. I refuse to believe that the club isn't on top of that, so I don't see the issue.

Some deals take longer, Paratici seemingly likes juggling a lot of deals at the same time. Going for Gil and working on the CB deals at the same time is just a normal Thursday for him, so good.
Especially when the players you want are at the Olympics for example

I’d assume it would be a big chunk of that money going on replacement strikers (plural)
Said it before but Ings and Vlahovic would be two I’d be all over. One proven in the league and one on the upward curve with immense talent. If we’re looking at playing the same way we did last season Isak is an option and would be £50m ish I reckon.
there are real options out there if we’re smart and that’s why we have brought in a DOF. But every signing is a gamble

If kane goes then as a little sniff I would put a bid in for Calvert Lewin just to see if Everton have money worries now.

Kane goes for 130m then 25m on Ings and 60-70 for Calvert Lewin. Test the water.

Three weeks ago I would have barely known what to think about the prospect of Romero and Kounde together. But the result of all these recent rumours and the quick submersion into videos and articles about them makes me highly excited at the chance of them forming a central defensive partnership for us.

kounde is outstanding and will get better IMO
Romero from what I’ve seen is a fudging beast too
And their both young
Investing the best part of £100m in these just makes sense considering our CB predicament

kounde is outstanding and will get better IMO
Romero from what I’ve seen is a fudging hunk of burning love too
And their both young
Investing the best part of £100m in these just makes sense considering our CB predicament

If we could bag both, that would be ace, but I reckon getting one would rule out getting the other - no? Not sure how we're gonna afford both without some serious offloading.

If we could bag both, that would be ace, but I reckon getting one would rule out getting the other - no? Not sure how we're gonna afford both without some serious offloading.

Sanches plus cash for Kounde. The cash can presumably be paid in instalments. Appeals to Sevilla due to the sell-on clause that they have to pay.
Reminds me of our Lo Celso deal where we helped out Real Betis by paying a very large loan fee which meant they had to pay much less to PSG for the sell-on clause when we then paid a smaller transfer fee.

Sanches plus cash for Kounde. The cash can presumably be paid in instalments. Appeals to Sevilla due to the sell-on clause that they have to pay.
Reminds me of our Lo Celso deal where we helped out Real Betis by paying a very large loan fee which meant they had to pay much less to PSG for the sell-on clause when we then paid a smaller transfer fee.

True! Let's hope Real Madrid don't come in for Kounde and that Sevilla want Sanchez.

Back