• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Australia has hardly any immunity in it's population. With delta being much more contagious than even the alpha variant it go through the population like wildfire.

The original variant was r3 delta is over 7.so instead of 1 person giving it to 3 they give it to 7. 3x3x3 is 27. 7x7x7 is 343 you can see how quickly things could get out of hand. It would crush their health system and aus would probably become the hardest hit country in the pandemic.

I've been living like that for decades, I highly recommend it.

I got to say I agree. I’d be happiest living on a roundabout in the centre of an otherwise uninhabited island.

Still, perhaps they could change the words to the neighbours intro.

neighbours, everybody fears their neighbours,
With a frantic wave each morning,
Try to shoo them all away..

Obviously it wouldn't affect them

Speaker insists vaccine passports not expected to apply to Commons

The government has been warned off from making vaccine passports a requirement for MPs to attend the House of Commons.

Tory backbencher Mark Harper raised concerns busy sessions could be covered by proposals to introduce the certificates at nightclubs and venues with large crowds.

But Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle says he has received no indication the policy will apply to the Commons, adding he does not believe it applies to MPs.

Before the pandemic, the Commons chamber would regularly accommodate more than half the 650 MPs, with Prime Minister's Questions the busiest session every Wednesday.

Attendance has been restricted due to social distancing rules, although these measures have now been relaxed.

Obviously it wouldn't affect them

Speaker insists vaccine passports not expected to apply to Commons

The government has been warned off from making vaccine passports a requirement for MPs to attend the House of Commons.

Tory backbencher Mark Harper raised concerns busy sessions could be covered by proposals to introduce the certificates at nightclubs and venues with large crowds.

But Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle says he has received no indication the policy will apply to the Commons, adding he does not believe it applies to MPs.

Before the pandemic, the Commons chamber would regularly accommodate more than half the 650 MPs, with Prime Minister's Questions the busiest session every Wednesday.

Attendance has been restricted due to social distancing rules, although these measures have now been relaxed.

The reason they are doing nightclubs is to encourage young people to get the jab. They wont do pubs or the commons.

I got to say I agree. I’d be happiest living on a roundabout in the centre of an otherwise uninhabited island.

Still, perhaps they could change the words to the neighbours intro.

neighbours, everybody fears their neighbours,
With a frantic wave each morning,
Try to shoo them all away..
If the island is otherwise uninhabited, why does it need a roundabout?

I paid £318 for my COVID tests to travel
Didn’t have to give my results to anyone when I came back so do wonder if the systems are linked (it isn’t clear)
Anyone IMO who chooses to travel for a holiday is bonkers at those prices

I'm having to travel to provide support for my folks who live in Spain, Dad is on his last legs with Alzheimers. I think holidays should be postponed again til next year.
Just finished my 10 day qaurantine Tuesday, waiting for the call to go back out there.

I'm having to travel to provide support for my folks who live in Spain, Dad is on his last legs with Alzheimers. I think holidays should be postponed again til next year.
Just finished my 10 day qaurantine Tuesday, waiting for the call to go back out there.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. It's such a horrible, destructive illness. I hope your family is managing OK. In some ways it's a relief when a sufferer passes away as in reality you probably 'lost' your Dad a long time ago (i really hope that doesn't sound heartless as it's not my intention) but it is nonetheless a hard thing to deal with.

We've pretty much given up hope of any overseas holidays this year. We'd have no problem with self-isolating on our return if necessary, but regardless of what our government does, it's too much of a risk that the country to which we might be travelling suddenly changes its entry policy for UK visitors.

Back