• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

I had been excited by all the links; I'd be happy to sign most of the rumoured players and prices seems quite good.

But now getting concerned at no outgoings or incomings at all...four weeks until the 1st match.

I had been excited by all the links; I'd be happy to sign most of the rumoured players and prices seems quite good.

But now getting concerned at no outgoings or incomings at all...four weeks until the 1st match.
I think shifting players is the issue
Look at super serge … every season says he wants to go
No ones wants him so far
Peak Toby for £25m… no takers

Didn’t know they signed Olise
They are going for the young sell on model now which is IMO a great set up for them
I agree with the wages but that transfer fee is mental
In theory he is probably worth about the same as Rodon (as they both impressed for the same club) plus a bit more as he would be classed as English for both PL And European competition. Perhaps Palace have overpaid a bit for Guehi or perhaps we underpaid a bit for Rodon?

In theory he is probably worth about the same as Rodon (as they both impressed for the same club) plus a bit more as he would be classed as English for both PL And European competition. Perhaps Palace have overpaid a bit for Guehi or perhaps we underpaid a bit for Rodon?
I think they have massively over paid

just reminds me of some of the deals pool have done for their youth

and who said it’s a buyers market…

He's (Romero) on loan to Atalanta from Juve, they have an option to buy BUT obviously Paratici will know the ins and outs of the deal.

Supposedly we'd buy off Atalanta who will pocket a healthy return. Maybe that is the difference between Levy and Paratici. With Toby, we got the player to refuse to join Southampton and cut them out the deal. With Paratici he keeps everyone happy?

And if we do decent transfers then I'm sure you'll be as silent as the grave and instead just wait for the next perceived misstep by Levy that you can squawk about instead.

This brand of support seems like great fun, I'll convert. I'm sure it'll do me good to vent negative feelings so repeatedly and publicly in such a toxic blend of knowing cynicism and pre-pubescent tantrums.
I would be the first to stand up and say well done if Daniel lets Paratici get new players in early and those not wanted gone, before the season starts BUT despite the fact that he must realise that pre-season training and bonding is really important for a good start to the season, how many times have we waited until transfer deadline day and 1 minute to 12.00 to get something over the line? And missing out on Moutinho because it was too difficult when we had all the window to get those issues resolved? So do please prove me wrong Mr Chairman. BUT I just don't think he will be able to help himself from interfering - owners simply can't...and as to a pre-pubescent tantrum, I should be so lucky - I started watching Spurs in the Double year of 1961/62 - I would love to be able to throw a pre-pubescent tantrum !!!! :)

To some extent incoming signings depend on outgoing deals.

Some potential incoming signings will depend on what other clubs to as players might wait to see what unfolds.

Some deals will take time.

I think the last couple of summers show that Levy doesn't always wait to the last minute. Yes he loves a good deal and making on towards the end is sometimes possible. But it's not like we're waiting to the last couple of weeks for all our deals.

Not that there is any way of proving it, but I don't agree. My experience is from corporates in other industries, rather than football, but here the company that is Spurs have a relatively stable cost base and limited capex outflows, other than the step-change things like the stadium. The one big swing factor and unpredictable item in our cash spend any year will be transfer fees.

Maybe Paratici will have a free-hand over small deals, but anything meaningful (say £2m or over, or wages over £30k pw) I would expect would require Levy's ok. This would be needed both at a Tottenham level (ie director fiduciary duties to apply oversight) and ENIC would want it as a controlling shareholder.

You're entitled to your views, but not sure I share them!!

Most companies will have an authorisation matrix with various levels of sign-off and escalations for different levels/types of spend. It's hard to compare that to a football club environment, where we're talking about a DoF (for want of a better term) who will be working closely with, and reporting directly into, Levy, as well as liaising with Nuno. So whatever decisions Paratici is making are unlikely to be in a vacuum. But yes, I'd expect him to have a reasonable amount of latitude within a given budget (different to having free rein). Levy may well give the final nod to any deals based on what's presented to him, but without needing to be directly involved in the negotiations.

I wonder if this part of the article is true, seems a tad excessive.

Not heard of either player but Serie A defender of the year sounds promising.
Romero looks very good when I’ve seen him
Atlanta are very attacking and he still gets in a lot of defensive work
Also very good with the ball
But I’d be stunned if he didn’t cost a lot

Romero looks very good when I’ve seen him
Atlanta are very attacking and he still gets in a lot of defensive work
Also very good with the ball
But I’d be stunned if he didn’t cost a lot

Looking on Wikipedia Juve signed him 26m euros, never played a game and was loaned out again immediately with an option to buy for around half the fee they paid. That's terrible business by Juve.

I think they have massively over paid

just reminds me of some of the deals pool have done for their youth

and who said it’s a buyers market…
Rodon was what? £11m?…. in an even more uncertain COVID market than now. Add another 30% to that for Guehi’s value as he counts as association trained. Palace have therefore overpaid by about £4m…. Or maybe we underpaid by a few million? (Swansea seemed to think so). Or maybe our deal was a pretty much guaranteed £11m whereas Palace’s deal includes lots of bonuses and an £18m headline figure? Or maybe Palace have paid a bit more to get the player in early and allow their manager to integrate them instead of waiting until the last day of the delayed lower leagues window after the Europa squad deadline as we stupidly did for Rodon at the expense of our season.

The amount Palace have ‘overpaid’ by would be met simply by them finishing one place higher in the league. Signing players late in the window could be seen as being penny wise but perhaps just as often it is pound foolish?

I do think there are better players out there who would be likely to cost only 50% more than Guehi, but a lot of those players wouldn’t sign for Palace or be unlikely to fit in their wage structure. He seems a good fit for Palace (as would Rodon have been). We should be (and now seem to be) aiming higher than both of those players which is good to see…. Let’s just hope that under Paratici we do our deals a lot earlier than we did under Danny boy.

Last edited:
Most companies will have an authorisation matrix with various levels of sign-off and escalations for different levels/types of spend. It's hard to compare that to a football club environment, where we're talking about a DoF (for want of a better term) who will be working closely with, and reporting directly into, Levy, as well as liaising with Nuno. So whatever decisions Paratici is making are unlikely to be in a vacuum. But yes, I'd expect him to have a reasonable amount of latitude within a given budget (different to having free rein). Levy may well give the final nod to any deals based on what's presented to him, but without needing to be directly involved in the negotiations.
The irony here is, Levy is removed from doing the part he , by all reports, is very good at.

I think people need to get over the price of a player. Ideally we target the correct player to fit into the team, and then we either underpay, pay going rate, or overpay. Some you win, some you lose, but only getting in players that fit our valuometer will mean we potentially miss out on the right fit.
VVD is a prime example, they waited a year to get him, supposedly overpayed, and ended up with the perfect fit.

Back