• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jack Clarke

He's young. But I was surprised to see the ages of some our starters over the years

NB. I tried to copy+paste a load of players here but the site couldn't cope with my shining magnificence

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/debuetanten/verein/148

player Nation Debut Match Age at debut
670883-1606475964.jpg
Dane Scarlett
Centre-Forward
189.png
Feb 7, 2021 2:0 16 years 10 months 14 days
B_h_s_4046_2007_1.jpg
Stephen Carr
Right-Back

hope Clarke recovers in time for a proper pre season. should be good enough for first team bench at least

I'd send him out on loan again. He's had such a stop start last few seasons, he could do with getting a run and he's not going to get that with us.

Based on?

Hardly set the world alight in the Championship
based on our inability to invest.
have him in the first team and sell if he doesn't make it.
he's ok and we have other more critical areas like CBs and back up for Hojberg to begin with

based on our inability to invest.
have him in the first team and sell if he doesn't make it.
he's ok and we have other more critical areas like CBs and back up for Hojberg to begin with

I agree, we have a lot of work to do and several positions we have to upgrade. I doubt if there is a lot of money to do that so we should give the younger players ( Clarke, Sess, Skipp, Tanguy etc) a go and see if they can improve on the players who have let us down more often then not.

Why? He's hardly been ripping up the lower divisions.

Just based on the potential he has, you'd think someone might taken a punt but actually a full season of being a starter in the championship could be huge for him. It's allowed Skipp to flourish and he'll have learnt a lot more than minutes spread across 15-20 premiership games.

poorly managed - who's call to loan out and track development? 1st team coach? Youth team coach? or its by committee so we will never know.

poorly managed - who's call to loan out and track development? 1st team coach? Youth team coach? or its by committee so we will never know.

strange statement

- Skipp, Sess & CCV all had great seasons on loan last season
- Clarke & Parrott not so much

So the system can/does work, Parrott as example was pretty much hampered by injuries, but we have to accept some players don't live up to potential (various reasons)

I much prefer this model, i.e. actually giving them the opportunity to play lots of games vs. the train with first team brick, get 5 sub appearances for the season and then wonder in 3 years why they haven't kicked on.

Back