• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Maybe not but as of june 90% of the adult population had antibodies (and therefore some protection from the virus).

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...-have-virus-antibodies-ons-data-says-12350776

As prof tim spector said in the vid i posted. The amount of people with symptoms has plateaued. The number of unvaccinated people getting the virus is falling.

Hospitalisations and deaths lag so will continue to rise for a while. But it looks like things are going to get better and back to normal from now on.

There are other caveats. The uk has more first vaccine doses administered. Due to the 3 month gap we introduced (which also increases efficacy of the vaccines).
You don't get any benefit from the vaccine till at least 2 weeks after the first dose. Or full efficacy till 3 weeks after the second. Our vaccination has slowed down a lot as we don't give the astrazeneca vaccine to under 30's. 3 weeks ago we were further ahead of our european cousins. They have since caught up somewhat.
Also it is unlikely we will vaccinate under 18's. So using the whole population vaccinated skews it somewhat.

Lastly we all started vaccinating at the beginning of the year. So the difference in the percentage vaccinated is about a month.

Last edited:
Anecdotal I know, but people I know who have had it recently (almost certainly the Delta variant) have shown cold/flu like symptoms and often stomach problems BUT not the cough or breathing difficulties, which I assume is the usual symptom that puts people in hospital?

(Just too add....some were vaccinated and some weren't)

Anecdotal I know, but people I know who have had it recently (almost certainly the Delta variant) have shown cold/flu like symptoms and often stomach problems BUT not the cough or breathing difficulties, which I assume is the usual symptom that puts people in hospital?

Delta variants symptoms seem different. Wales has updated their list the rest of the uk still hasn't though.

The main symptoms now are.
Headache
Runny nose
Sore throat
Sneezing

I had both jabs when i got it. Felt like a head cold. When my throat started getting sore i drank some vinegar which sorted that out. Only lasted a couple of days for me.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/new-top-5-covid-symptoms

Last edited:
Delta variants symptoms seem different. Wales has updated their list the rest of the uk still hasn't though.

The main symptoms now are.
Headache
Runny nose
Sore throat
Sneezing

I had both jabs when i got it. Felt like a head cold. When my throat started getting sore i drank some vinegar which sorted that out. Only lasted a couple of days for me.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/new-top-5-covid-symptoms
Delta variant sounds a lot like a cold.

Sneezing allied to stomach problems sounds hazardous.

And yes hospitalisations arising from covid were due to poor oxygen uptake after covid compromised the cells in lungs. So if that is on the wane then all well and good. We were told these viruses tend to weaken over time as killing hosts is not good for their propagation, perhaps that is an evolutionary step forward from delta and perhaps good news.

Last edited:
Sneezing allied to stomach problems sounds hazardous.

And yes hospitalisations arising from covid were due to poor oxygen uptake after covid compromised the cells in lungs. So if that is on the wane then all well and good. We were told these viruses tend to weaken over time as killing hosts is not good for their propagation, perhaps that is an evolutionary step forward from delta and perhaps good news.

Delta is just as lethal (if not more so than previous variants). The difference is vaccinations and exposure mean the vast majority of people have some level of immunity now (at least in the uk).
Viruses need to spread. If it kills the host before it can spread it will die. So variants that don't do this become dominant. Covid, you become contagious before you even get symptoms (2 days to become contagious on average 5 days to show symtoms) and on average it takes a month to die. So there has been no need for it to become weaker. The mutations that have become dominant are the ones that make it spread faster.

This does make it extremely dangerous to countries that have low immunity (australia, new zealand and taiwan).

Malta is 80% fully vaccinated. But it is a tourist destination and i belive tourists have to have a test on arrival.

Herd immunity will be more than 70% of the population. We probably wont be able to get there through vaccination alone as i doubt we'll vaccinate kids. Kids have a 1 in a million chance of dying from catching covid. The risks from the vaccines will be higher.

48k cases today but the symptom tracker still flat. So it seems the rise is in asymptomatic cases. Although it takes a few days to develop symptoms.

Deaths 63 and hospitalisations 582.

Last edited:
48k cases today but the symptom tracker still flat. So it seems the rise is in asymptomatic cases. Although it takes a few days to develop symptoms.

Deaths 63 and hospitalisations 582.

Germany:356 new cases and 5 deaths
Japan: 3,194 new cases and 19 deaths

Germany:356 new cases and 5 deaths
Japan: 3,194 new cases and 19 deaths

It's the unvaccinated being hospitalised and dying now. Mainly those who refused to get a shot. France has just made vaccines basically mandatory. Unless germany and other countries follow suit. They'll be in the exact same situation as us.

(Also germanys numbers increase during the day as different areas report in, now at 926, 18 deaths will probably go up again later).

Last edited:
It's the unvaccinated being hospitalised and dying now. Mainly those who refused to get a shot. France has just made vaccines basically mandatory. Unless germany and other countries follow suit. They'll be in the exact same situation as us.

Looks like Japan and France are finally vaccinating at same pace the UK was back in the spring.

EAAF5B41-75EA-488A-AB0D-CEEE5D628E1C.png

upload_2021-7-15_18-37-44.jpeg

Back