• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

How unsurprising.

I will be trying my best to drown out any such chant by singing ‘You did your country proud’. And I hope others will join me.

Oh, really. This goes too far. Maybe Scara’s suggested and appealing chant is now unavailable to us, tainted as it is by the racist abuse after England lost, but we aren’t going to start singing chants of love to the Woolwich.

absolutely, support them generally against the racists, but in a match situation anything that improves Spurs chances of victory is on the table
Potentially mentally destroying a human being in the name of sport? I would’ve perhaps been all for it 15 years ago, joining in the Campbell chants. As a 38 year old man with a three month old child who I’ll be impressing on the need for basic human decency? I’m out.

Potentially mentally destroying a human being in the name of sport? I would’ve perhaps been all for it 15 years ago, joining in the Campbell chants. As a 38 year old man with a three month old child who I’ll be impressing on the need for basic human decency? I’m out.

I agree with most of that, but Judas is fair game.

You can’t mentally destroy a professional athlete, millions are spent every season on preparing PL footballers psychologically.

All you can do is distract some of them a little bit.

Oh, really. This goes too far. Maybe Scara’s suggested and appealing chant is now unavailable to us, tainted as it is by the racist abuse after England lost, but we aren’t going to start singing chants of love to the Woolwich.

For once it's a bit bigger than that.

Before the game, one time. He wasn't 'arsenal' when he played for England, he was an England player.

Look at what it did to Lampard. It's tactically useful.

There is a fine line between banter and abuse. FWIW I think we overstepped the mark with Ian Wright on several occasions, but he always gave it back and I always accepted that as part and parcel. Wright is now a favorite pundit of mine. When Cantona went into that Palace shouter, I remember thinking 'fair enough'...if you give it, you have to accept it can come your way. Ditto Dier. Professionalism etc, fine, but sometimes people are people. Just sometimes.

Still, as trickyricky said, wasted words I'm sure...

You can’t mentally destroy a professional athlete, millions are spent every season on preparing PL footballers psychologically.

All you can do is distract some of them a little bit.
They’re still human beings after all, I’m not sure any amount of money can prepare you for that much vitriol and spite. You just have to look at other celebrities as to how constant hounding can be the end of them, Caroline Flack being a very recent and prescient example.

They’re still human beings after all, I’m not sure any amount of money can prepare you for that much vitriol and spite. You just have to look at other celebrities as to how constant hounding can be the end of them, Caroline Flack being a very recent and prescient example.

In my experience, it largely comes down to personality over portfolio, and some people can take the abuse whereas others cannot. As we both agree, why take the chance? Why not just not be a clam, something which appears increasingly beyond many people. Sad.

Did I miss something here or was there a transfer that went under my radar? The "Harry Kane MBE" thread seems to have become the "Scaramanga" thread (also known as the "Don't rise to it, it's ultimately pointless and boring." thread) :rolleyes:

Did I miss something here or was there a transfer that went under my radar? The "Harry Kane MBE" thread seems to have become the "Scaramanga" thread (also known as the "Don't rise to it, it's ultimately pointless and boring." thread) :rolleyes:

An excellent point.

Right...

I believe Kane is here for one more season.

There is a fine line between banter and abuse. FWIW I think we overstepped the mark with Ian Wright on several occasions, but he always gave it back and I always accepted that as part and parcel. Wright is now a favorite pundit of mine. When Cantona went into that Palace shouter, I remember thinking 'fair enough'...if you give it, you have to accept it can come your way. Ditto Dier. Professionalism etc, fine, but sometimes people are people. Just sometimes.

Still, as trickyricky said, wasted words I'm sure...
Doesn't matter if they're people or not. If chanting about letting his country down gives Spurs even the tiniest tactical advantage then there should be no other consideration.

Back