• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Is he going to ask to swap nations because he didn’t turn up in yet another final? Where was he? I noticed a few times where we had it out wide and he was no where near the box. He had a good first 20 minutes then went missing.

Is he going to ask to swap nations because he didn’t turn up in yet another final? Where was he? I noticed a few times where we had it out wide and he was no where near the box. He had a good first 20 minutes then went missing.
I thought he played quite well tonight to be honest, but the second half we were getting deeper and deeper with no one showing for the ball so just kicking it long and recycling the same process. Had to switch to 4-3-3 much earlier than we did. Or played Sterling much closer to Kane as a pair. Gutted

I should say, I first encountered the image when I was sent it by a Scottish friend.
He's a unionist, hates The National, but on football grounds he is in lockstep with their opinion.
He's far from alone. But that's the weird tribal football thing tied up with so much else.

See i do not understand that, if Chelsea and arsenal for instance are playing in the f a cup final i don't give a toss who wins.
Makes no odds to me, why give yourself the grief?
I get enough grief watching spurs ffs!

I thought he played quite well tonight to be honest, but the second half we were getting deeper and deeper with no one showing for the ball so just kicking it long and recycling the same process. Had to switch to 4-3-3 much earlier than we did. Or played Sterling much closer to Kane as a pair. Gutted
He is one of the best strikers in the world
And didn’t even have 1 shot, when was the last time Lewandoski did that?

If anything, he didn’t drop deep enough in the second half or extra time imo, seemed to spend it jogging back and forth between the Italian lines.

Last edited:
Post-match on the BBC, Rio Ferdinand more than once was trying to make the point that 'we all know Kane should be in the box more, but how much of that might be down to instructions from the manager'
To which Shearer blustered away something about ignoring the manager during a game.

He is one of the best strikers in the world
And didn’t even have 1 shot, when was the last time Lewandoski did that?
No idea about the last time he did it but I remember in the last Euros, Lewandowski went three games without 1 shot on target.

Think he needs a quick striker to play upfront with him now. Maybe Dane Scarlett could be the man(boy)

I thought he was involved in pretty much everything we did first half, very effective, despite calls (around me) for him to stop dropping back and get into the box.
Second half onwards, where he dropped back less, he was less influential and just seemed to drift.
I do love Harry, but I'm not convinced he is captain material to be honest. He does lead by example most of the time, but I never feel that he's encouraging and cajoling those around him.

I thought he was involved in pretty much everything we did first half, very effective, despite calls (around me) for him to stop dropping back and get into the box.
Second half onwards, where he dropped back less, he was less influential and just seemed to drift.
I do love Harry, but I'm not convinced he is captain material to be honest. He does lead by example most of the time, but I never feel that he's encouraging and cajoling those around him.

Agree with every word. Was brilliant early on and faded as the game went on like the rest of the team. No shame in losing to Italy. They’re serial winners. Re Kane and the captaincy, he’s our best player but other players in the squad have won big trophies multiple times and Kane hasn’t won anything.

True. Italy played much better football throughout the Euros campaign.
So good we didn't get Southgate. Clueless manager, doesn't play to England's strength or unable to control his team.

With a striker like Kane you'd find a way to get the balls to him. Still think that the young English players were showing off instead of thinking of playing like a team.
Agree with every word. Was brilliant early on and faded as the game went on like the rest of the team. No shame in losing to Italy. They’re serial winners. Re Kane and the captaincy, he’s our best player but other players in the squad have won big trophies multiple times and Kane hasn’t won anything.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

England's problem is still the lack of intelligent midfielders. The issue is not being able to find a way to feed the ball to Kane. Not just the final but throughout the campaign.

Agree. Southgate has done well with this team onsidering our CBs and CMs, however if it wants to evolve it ahead of the world cup, he needs to find a CM or two who can do more with the ball as well as the defensive side (Bellingham?)

Kane has never been in a side that was out right favourites though so that's a little unfair. He's usually battling the odds in all the finals he has played in. That will change if he goes to City. I don't think there's anything more to it than the best teams tend to win trophies.

Again, I think this is unfair. You see him making gestures to keep the spirits up. His dropping back to win the ball or to receive it deep shows how much responsibility he takes both as a striker and an assist maker.

England's problem is still the lack of intelligent midfielders. The issue is not being able to find a way to feed the ball to Kane. Not just the final but throughout the campaign.

Also inexperience at this level. Lots of young players. Jack Grealish can be that person but he has to get more experience against European teams. Something he won't get at Villa. I'd obt think

Agree. Southgate has done well with this team onsidering our CBs and CMs, however if it wants to evolve it ahead of the world cup, he needs to find a CM or two who can do more with the ball as well as the defensive side (Bellingham?)
He brought on Henderson to do that I assumed… he was woeful. Kicked quite a few passes out for throw ins
He brought on saka … still can’t work out what Formation we were playing then. He was poor. He looked scared and really didn’t settle for some time. Looked ok when he did though
He had a player who can pass and keep the ball on the bench and kept mount on way way too long
Southgate has players… he hasn’t the balls though.

Kane has never been in a side that was out right favourites though so that's a little unfair. He's usually battling the odds in all the finals he has played in. That will change if he goes to City. I don't think there's anything more to it than the best teams tend to win trophies.

I accept that and it is true but he also never takes the game by the scruff of the neck and says right I’m a world class player I’m going to win this game. He’s played in a lot of semi finals and finals now but you could count on one hand the number of times he’s played well in those games. He was brilliant for 25 mins but you barely heard his or Sterling’s name mentioned after that, unless it was trying to buy a free kick or a penalty. I have no doubt he would win trophies at bigger clubs but he wouldn’t be the main reason.

Back