• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Sterling played the Son role, I think Kane is a great player but he needs runners/movement around him to allow him that moment

Good point and i agree, i know Sterling get a lot of stick from fans but he has been a stand out player so far this summer.

He passed the ball quickly last night
Makes a massive difference
We did have saka playing the other role of beat a man hit the next defender
That will mean plenty of set pieces like last night again on Sunday

Defenders hate players who run at them and Sterling is great at that, as for Saka he was not at his best last night but he is going to be a major player as he matures. I actually picked him to start over both Foden and Sancho before the game.

It will be a tough game against Italy but their "fantastic centrebacks" are terrified of people running at them and will concede freekicks. We need to work on clever kicks rather than hit the wall or row K.

Defenders hate players who run at them and Sterling is great at that, as for Saka he was not at his best last night but he is going to be a major player as he matures. I actually picked him to start over both Foden and Sancho before the game.
I’d have Sancho every day of the week
Sancho runs and passes well
Saka and sterling run but hit defenders
Sterling was miles better at managing that yesterday

I think Saka offers two things which are getting him in ahead of Sancho this tournament.

1) He is able to switch systems
2) He is less of a risk in certain areas at certain times.

Sancho is brilliant but tries things at times in games such as these where you have to hold the (more boring) line.

I thought Saka was really good last night TBH.

Sancho and Foden for me. Both know how to pass, a skill in which the others are often found lacking.
It’s the difference that Grealish makes too
Played who can and more importantly will pass will expose the Italy defence
Saka can pass, and pass well. Sterling isn’t a great passer but did show on Wednesday he can and will pass quickly and had a great game
Sancho is a brilliant passer and also can beat a man too (like saka) but as @thfcsteff says above saka is more versatile and works bloody hard all game
It’s nice to have the options and especially so in what is likely to be another super tight game

He's going to have a tough game in the final, in terms of trying to score. Those Italian defenders will deal quite well with his style of play. I think he'll get more joy by dropping deep and passing well to his other creative teammates.
That said, he's one of the best in the world, so even against top-notch defences, he should have opportunities.
All depends on service.

If England get forced into a lot of long balls with Kane as the main target man and he's starved for service he will struggle. Nothing to do with him, just like it hasn't been when he's struggled for us at times.

If he can get even decent service though... Chiellini and Bonucci will obviously be difficult opposition, tougher than most, smarter than most, the experience to deal with the situation. But it won't matter, because it's Harry Kane.

Been quietly laughing about anyone saying that he should be dropped at any point during this tournament. He's always going to come good, it's just a question of time. Even if time runs out before he comes good it would have been more likely that he would have come good than anyone else.

I worry that Sunday will be like losing to Juventus in the CL a few years ago. We got schooled in that tie -- Juve were more street smart, better at committing niggly fouls, conning the ref, and so on. Loathe it as I do, it's a skill. And Italy can combine that with lovely fluid play and sharp attacking. I don't think 2021 Kane has the pace or energy to trouble their centre backs. I hope I'm wrong though.

I was pleasantly surprised by Sterling on Wednesday...until he was switched to the right side (when for some bizarre reason Grealish was taken off for Trippier) and just stopped passing entirely. Sure, he won the penalty, but it was dodgy as hell. He's great at beating a defender so he's in the right place for a tap in, but that only really works on the left.

I was also impressed by Mount, who kept possession very nicely in the attacking third. I'll take Sterling-Mount-Sancho behind Kane on Sunday, please.

Back to Kane, how good would it be if he could score twice, nab the Golden Boot, and LIFT THE EUROPEAN CUP AT WEMBLEY?!

Last edited:
Back to Kane, how good would it be if he could score twice, nab the Golden Boot, and LIFT THE WORLD CUP AT WEMBLEY?!

That would be absolutely wonderful (Euros of course rather than World Cup).
But as much as I want England to win, and as much as I want Harry to do well, if I am honest there is a part of me that will be just a little bit resentful that his first trophy is with England rather than with us. That's the memory that will be with him forever.
But I hope we can do it. He deserves to win.

Man of the match isnt inclusive enough now.

Is that true? If so, that is ridiculous. Untill women become part of the men's game, which I wouldn't be adverse to as long as they are good enough. Then to stop using man of the match is ridiculous.

Back