• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cool things I found on the internet

This is worth watching

And don't come in here shouting "THAT IS SO OBVIOUS" because it wasn't obvious to Physics professors or Neil DGT nor Bill Nye.

The bit at 14:13 where the trolley moves along the board faster than the board is pushing, with the wheel turning against the board... that is a very nice explanation.

He didn't mention the friction of the rough desert surface on the wheels of 'Blackbird' nor the friction of the wind on 'Blackbird's surfaces and propeller but I assume they are small.

PS - racing yachts can tack with OR against the wind, faster than the wind. That is a similar but different effect... another youtube wormhole to fall into...

Last edited:
This is worth watching

And don't come in here shouting "THAT IS SO OBVIOUS" because it wasn't obvious to Physics professors or Neil DGT nor Bill Nye.

The bit at 14:13 where the trolley moves along the board faster than the board is pushing, with the wheel turning against the board... that is a very nice explanation.

He didn't mention the friction of the rough desert surface on the wheels of 'Blackbird' nor the friction of the wind on 'Blackbird's surfaces and propeller but I assume they are small.

PS - racing yachts can tack with OR against the wind, faster than the wind. That is a similar but different effect... another youtube wormhole to fall into...
If you like that sort of knowledge/research/entertainment, I highly recommend the YouTube channel 'Tech Ingredients' ! It's awesome, and he's excellent at explaining even the most complex engineering!
https://youtube.com/c/TechIngredients

that was the easy bit they used Nile crocodiles and so only had to make a slight rearrangement.
Qsuy8q.gif

Appalling. Far too highbrow for GG.

Back