• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Ben White and Connor Coady can plug the big gaps we have in defence. Will cost but has experience and potential. What chances that we go for proven English nationals? Surely Nuno would recommend especially Coady.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

proven english nationals cost serious money. Not sure we have serious money, or silly money, or money.

Konsa at Villa is the English defender I like the best. But Eyoma is only 2 seasons behind him in progression. Young Tucker at Gillingham is another we could look at to buy then loan out. Give it 2 seasons he will be a premiership defender.

I've said before. I just watch spurs or whatever game is on in the pub. So i'll bow to your superior knowledge. If you think he'd be a good fit, great.
Any two of him, Milenkovic and Elvedi would be my pick. All have only a year left on their deals. Tarkowski plus one might make the most sense seeing as he is an association trained player and is proven in the PL and it might be a bit of a stretch to pair two new centre backs from overseas and expect us not to struggle at the start of the season.

Any two of him, Milenkovic and Elvedi would be my pick. All have only a year left on their deals. Tarkowski plus one might make the most sense seeing as he is an association trained player and is proven in the PL and it might be a bit of a stretch to pair two new centre backs from overseas and expect us not to struggle at the start of the season.
I used to work with his sister a few years back and if I remember correctly, he moved back North from Brentford because of some family issues. I’m not sure if they were short or long term, but that might influence any desire to move back down South.

Ah, the first one (out of three) that got away...

Mario Balotteli has joined Adana Demirspor on a three-year contract, the Turkish side have announced.

The 30-year-old striker was a free agent after leaving Serie B side Monza at the end of his six-month deal there after they narrowly missed out making it into the Italian top-flight for the upcoming season.

But the former Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool forward has now joined the 10th club of his career in the former of the Turkish minnows, who have returned to the Super Lig after a 26-year absence.

We just can't seem to mix it with the big boys anymore!

Mario Balotteli has joined Adana Demirspor on a three-year contract, the Turkish side have announced.

The 30-year-old striker was a free agent after leaving Serie B side Monza at the end of his six-month deal there after they narrowly missed out making it into the Italian top-flight for the upcoming season.

But the former Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool forward has now joined the 10th club of his career in the former of the Turkish minnows, who have returned to the Super Lig after a 26-year absence.

I thought we were odd’s on to sign him? Damn it.

Oh do me a Favour

Tarkowski with just 1 year left on his deal would be the most sensible English CB signing I think.

Wouldnt be by first choice CB necessarily however if we think about signing him and selling Dier (similar aged CBs) then we'd have an extra HG player and make a few quid so it would be worth it, but probably only as part of a full revamp of our CBs

He's a good defender. Let's see if we hear any stories from someone worth paying attention to about it

He's looked excellent for PSV this season, when I have watched them. I'll be really interested to see how he does at Dortmund. He was one of the batch of promising young players that we lost under Poch because the route to the first team seemed to be closed and there were few opportunities to go out on loan and get first team football.

I think there's probably a few lost opportunities there where Poch didn't like sending players on loan either.

Ben White and Connor Coady can plug the big gaps we have in defence. Will cost but has experience and potential. What chances that we go for proven English nationals? Surely Nuno would recommend especially Coady.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Haven't Brighton already turned down £50m for him? I can't see us offering more than that for him though he does look a good player and maybe we just need to stump up the money and say he's young English, good on the ball and someone who could stay for 10 years and deal with it.

Back