• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tomiyasu Takehiro

That’s interesting - one of the things Japanese media are talking about is that he really wants to play in the Premier League.

Its difficult to know truly how good he is, but what I do know is that our current CBs arent good enough

He fits the profile of what I think we should be buying - players in the sub 24 yrs old range, handful of international caps, some top flight experience in a major league - so hopefully it happens and dier leaves. We should be able to make a profit on that trade

In fact, it looks like someone has tweeted that wrong. This is from the Athletic article:

Tottenham Hotspur are working on a deal to sign the Bologna defender Takehiro Tomiyasu.

Sources indicate that Tottenham have offered €15 million (£12.9 million) plus add-ons for Tomiyasu, 22, although the Italian club are believed to want a guaranteed €17 million, as well as add-ons.

Manchester United are among the clubs considering Japan international Tomiyasu but he is not one of their primary targets this summer. Atalanta are also keen, although it is understood the Serie A side have been informed that the player’s preference is to join Tottenham.

Tomiyasu moved to Bologna from Belgian side Sint-Truiden for €9 million in the summer of 2019 and has impressed with his performances in Serie A over the past two seasons. He has won 23 caps for his national team, scoring one goal.

So getting a director of football just means that he will be a scout .... the negotiations and dragging out transfers look like levy is still in charge.

So getting a director of football just means that he will be a scout .... the negotiations and dragging out transfers look like levy is still in charge.
Its only been a day since we have appointed the new manager, how quickly do you expect a deal to happen?

Anything but I’d say…. 12.9m for a player rumoured to be valued at 15m, with the selling club now wanting 17m is a very good first bid I think…. 86% of what was thought the asking price was and 76% of what Bologna have come back with as their counter offer.

Had that been Levy our initial bid would’ve been 4.8 million if comparing with our laughable pursuit of Grealish a few years ago.

I suspect we’ll seal a deal for the player for about 15m guaranteed and 3 or 4m of reasonably sensible (but not guaranteed) bonuses.

Its only been a day since we have appointed the new manager, how quickly do you expect a deal to happen?

I agree with everything that you have said, but this player was linked before nuno, and the finger prints of this transfer seem all too familiar

I agree with everything that you have said, but this player was linked before nuno, and the finger prints of this transfer seem all too familiar
The DoF making an official offer (close to asking price) on the very first day he started work?

There is absolutely nothing familiar about those finger prints at all IMO (at least not familiar with Levy being in charge of transfer dealings).

Anything but I’d say…. 12.9m for a player rumoured to be valued at 15m, with the selling club now wanting 17m is a very good first bid I think…. 86% of what was thought the asking price was and 76% of what Bologna have come back with as their counter offer.

Had that been Levy our initial bid would’ve been 4.8 million if comparing with our laughable pursuit of Grealish a few years ago.

I suspect we’ll seal a deal for the player for about 15m guaranteed and 3 or 4m of reasonably sensible (but not guaranteed) bonuses.
Lets just hope it doesn't take until the last day of the window for the acceptable bid to go in.

Dragging out????
What a dumb statement to make when looking at this particular possible transfer at this point in time.
There's a report of an initial bid which seems to be a couple of million below the initial asking price. Seems fairly standard practice.

Dragging out????
What a dumb statement to make when looking at this particular possible transfer at this point in time.
There's a report of an initial bid which seems to be a couple of million below the initial asking price. Seems fairly standard practice.

Getting personal excellent stuff ... was making the point that the transfer seems like levy is involved which I assumed perhaps wouldn't be the case.

Getting personal excellent stuff ... was making the point that the transfer seems like levy is involved which I assumed perhaps wouldn't be the case.

The statement was dumb, not you. It's atypical which elicited the response.
The primary point that came across was not merely that Levy was involved but a comment on the nature of the process.

As the Olympics are starting soon, this guy will surely want to be part of the Japanese team there. Which will massively reduce his availability for pre-season, and also might make it less urgent to complete right now.

Back