• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

you are mistaking promoting youth for 'sell on value'.

Michele Cavion - 26
Lorenzo Rosseti - 26

Granted Mario Balotelli doesn't tick that box as he's 30.

However... Levy is not in charge of transfers anymore.....

No levy is not in charge of transfers. What levy is in charge of is paratici. Part of paratici's job is to oversee the academy develop players and see the progression of them into the first team. Bringing in those players blocks them. For little benefit to the team.

Those players have little sell on value. If any at all.

I trust the people who told me and ALSO and more importantly I trust that Fabio Paratici knows more about these players and their potential than us.
I am almost certain that last part is correct.
It's good that you trust people you know.
The question for us, which I guess you can't or won't be able to properly answer, is how worthy of that trust those people are. Depending on their position, even if they pass on information they wholeheartedly believe to be on the money, if they aren't close enough to the sharp end then it may still be bunk.

Reactions: DTA
No levy is not in charge of transfers. What levy is in charge of is paratici. Part of paratici's job is to oversee the academy develop players and see the progression of them into the first team. Bringing in those players blocks them. For little benefit to the team.

Those players have little sell on value. If any at all.
You think a player who is 26 now has little to no sell on value in three years time?

You think a player who is 26 now has little to no sell on value in three years time?

If their wages are too high, yes. We've had numerous examples of that over the past few years. I can't be bothered to check, but I'd say at a guess that, factoring in wages, we hardly make a profit on Jensen or Nkoudou. If the players in question hardly ever play, they're worth peanuts - even more so in the post-covid era.

Lets look at lorenzo rosseti. 26.
Juventus sold him to ascoli for £900k. Where he scored 7 goals in 49 games.
Ascoli let him go on a free to como.
After 18 appearances and 1 goal last season. Como released him.

A striker that couldn't secure a first team place at a serie b side and couldn't score is somehow going to have a good sell on fee?

Lets look at lorenzo rosseti. 26.
Juventus sold him to ascoli for £900k. Where he scored 7 goals in 49 games.
Ascoli let him go on a free to como.
After 18 appearances and 1 goal last season. Como released him.

A striker that couldn't secure a first team place at a serie b side and couldn't score is somehow going to have a good sell on fee?

You're trying to predict the future. None of us on this forum can do that.

Paratici seems to think these players may have something to add to the squad, he would know more about them than your google search, no?

Paratici seems to think these players may have something to add to the squad, he would know more about them than your google search, no?

I'm not predicting the future. I'm showing you the past and present. A striker that can't fudging score and who's clubs (all of them) thought wasn't good enough. This isn't a 21 year old. This is a 26 year old.

In three years' time, if they've been on wages of £50k/week, we'll have paid out over £7.5 million in wages alone for that player. Plus whatever other costs, fees, bonuses may have been incurred.
So their value in three years would need to more than match the outlay incurred during their time here.

Of course, if Paratici is looking to conserve limited resources by getting a couple of jobbing players in without initial payment to enable a couple of other bigger signings, then that's a fair train of thought. If these free players can at least not disgrace themselves, then perhaps their value is tied up in the total transfer business that the club was able to do. A bit of a hypothetical though.

In three years' time, if they've been on wages of £50k/week, we'll have paid out over £7.5 million in wages alone for that player. Plus whatever other costs, fees, bonuses may have been incurred.
So their value in three years would need to more than match the outlay incurred during their time here.

Of course, if Paratici is looking to conserve limited resources by getting a couple of jobbing players in without initial payment to enable a couple of other bigger signings, then that's a fair train of thought. If these free players can at least not disgrace themselves, then perhaps their value is tied up in the total transfer business that the club was able to do. A bit of a hypothetical though.

Then why not use academy players if that's the thought process? Bring them through and see what they can do. Not a player como thought wasn't good enough to keep.

Reactions: DTA
Then why not use academy players if that's the thought process? Bring them through and see what they can do. Not a player como thought wasn't good enough to keep.
I was musing as I typed, can't say I'm particularly defending this action. If it is even truly being considered.
The impact upon homegrown quotient alone gives me pause when thinking if this will really happen

This has opened the door for Neto to come to us. Talks expected to happen on Tuesday and conclude quickly.
Interesting. I think we can agree that talks will conclude quickly because Pedro is currently recovering from a broken knee cap which has resulted in him missing the Euros, and will, optimistically, keep him out until October, pessimistically, January 2022. Not sure any recruiting team would be looking to sign a player in those circumstances. Surprised they didn't know...

If Paratici is looking at 26 year old Serie B rejects and failures I'm very comfortable in saying he is not up to the task.

Thankfully I'm pretty sure he is not looking at signing them for spurs. And I say that despite having quite serious reservations about him.

Last edited:
If Paratici is looking at 26 year old Serie B rejects and failures I'm very comfortable in saying he is not up to the task.

Thankfully I'm pretty sure he is not looking at signing them for spurs. And I say that despite having quite serious reservations about him.
Or maybe we are going to be selling quite a few players and have little money to make signings and need to supplement the squad with some cheap, low wage players?

Or maybe it is the usual agent DoF sort of chit-chat that happens about tens of players every single day?

Or maybe Favour is making it all up…. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Or maybe we are going to be selling quite a few players and have little money to make signings and need to supplemet the squad with some cheap, low wage players?

Or maybe it is the usual agent DoF sort of chit-chat that happens about tens of players every single day?

Or maybe Favour is making it all up…. Only time will tell.

Like I said I don't belive he is trying to sign them for us.

I can well believe that, with the arrival of an Italian DoF, we are receiving a higher volume of 'sales' calls from agents of players based in Italy who would like to try getting their clients into a lucrative English position

I can well believe that, with the arrival of an Italian DoF, we are receiving a higher volume of 'sales' calls from agents of players based in Italy who would like to try getting their clients into a lucrative English position

That's believable, but surely the agents will have to know how to play the hand they have?

It would be a coup if they could get those two signed by Fulham forget about spurs.

My bad como were actually in serie c last season.

So this summer

Donnaruma
Umtiti
Wijnaldum
Pjanic
Depay
Alaba
Aguero
Ramos
Draxler
Boateng

are all out of contract (or were)?

Thats insane

just putting a team together of them free agents would be a pretty strong squad even including the older guys.

Back