• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

It really is make or break season for Dele coming up I feel. He’s a big boy now and it’s come to the stage where he has to show if he’s a real player or not. The current England progress must be galling for him to watch in some ways. Hopefully himself and Nuno can build a rapport that brings out the best in him. I have a good feeling about him for next season for some reason.

Yeah must be gutted watching England, if he'd kept his levels up it would be him in there. Crazy to think he was once first choice for England.

Same one thats told him that we wanted Martinez but will make do with Potter as manager and that we are looking to sign Balotelli. :rolleyes:
Correct.

We did want Martinez, he said no.

Potter was a stand by.

We are still looking at bringing in Balotelli.

it looks like he is desperate to show himself good by putting up those training pics - which incidentally should not be a surprise for any professional athelete (or has he just come around the benefit for keeping fit ?).

before JM dropped him Poch did too. After Eriksen went off the boil so did Dele and I believe we will need another Eriksen type player before we see Dele at his best again. He isn't a leader, he doesn't seize the initiative enough or take it upon him to start an attack but seems content with his little tricks which with our current crop of players don't give him enough space and time for.

So we either invest in another Eriksen or we sell Dele.

Well, looks like

- He's taken his off season and hired a personal fitness service and has been working his ass off
- He's trying to send a message as well

Nothing wrong with either of those, hopefully the last year or so has been a bit of a wake up call.

Old ground but rightly so IMO. Let’s hope Nuno can get him back to his best. I think his overall play needs to improve a lot but he scores wonderful goals and it would be a shame if it doesn’t work out for him and for us.

Regardless of whether you think that was right or not the point was in response to Favour who said that Poch Mason and Mou all agreed he was done as a player whilst in reality Mason & Poch both played him regularly, till the end so I'm not quite sure what he's basing his thinking on there.

I'd say it's looking pretty likely that he's far from done at Tottenham at this stage and will have a clean slate with Nuno - up to him to take it from there.

My money is on him having a big season.

Last edited:
Regardless of whether you think that was right or not the point was in response to Favour who said that Poch Mason and Mou all agreed he was done as a player but Mason & Poch both played him regularly, till the end so I'm not quite sure what he's basing his thinking on there.

I'd say it's looking pretty likely that he's far from done at Tottenham at this stage and will have a clean slate with Nuno - up to him to take it from there.

My money is on him having a big season.

Agree re clean slate under Nuno. He needs to have a big season. I think if he doesn’t have a good season we should cut our losses on him. Would love to see him return to the 2016/17 Alli though.

Well, looks like

- He's taken his off season and hired a personal fitness service and has been working his ass off
- He's trying to send a message as well

Nothing wrong with either of those, hopefully the last year or so has been a bit of a wake up call.

I think that Dele is the sort of player who needs a friendly arm around his shoulders to encourage him etc
Under Poch he maybe received that until Poch became distracted towards the end of his stay and Dele’s form dipped accordingly

Under Jose he got thrown under the bus even after the odd decent game
Remember in the Prime documentary Jose called him a lazy little c*** in training etc
Half joking maybe but poor man management

Perhaps Nuno can get the old Dele back which would be great for us

Just a theory and a hope[/QUOTE]

different people respond differently and JM has his fair share of great players who like his style.

i don't know but this is a contact sport not chess or art - i don't think the head coach has time to have a friendly arm across all 22 players to motivate them. maybe we should invest in personal sports psychologists to pay special attention to young people earning a fortune with their innate talents but still need the right words and touch to have them performing at the highest level.

all the greats - maradona, cruyff, pele, baggio , messi and both ronaldo's even our own - greaves, perryman etc. were self driven. Even the clown ronaldinho had a drive to succeed that came from within.

Don't get me wrong. i have plenty of empathy for people who need psychological support in real life. Different with Rose and depression too - he really needs special treatment. Dele mixing with gangsters, fashion and using social media to support his lifestyle/image or worse send cryptic messages - I see a kid not ready to focus on giving his best to his critical footballing years.

... Dele mixing with gangsters, fashion and using social media to support his lifestyle/image or worse send cryptic messages - I see a kid not ready to focus on giving his best to his critical footballing years.

I have it on good authority that those days are over, that he has spent a few months really committing to his career and what he needs to do to get it back to par for his unbelievable talents. It is no accident that we are seeing the posts on social media we are and the interview he just did. He is all-in. I think we will see him rising back to his best again.

I have it on good authority that those days are over, that he has spent a few months really committing to his career and what he needs to do to get it back to par for his unbelievable talents. It is no accident that we are seeing the posts on social media we are and the interview he just did. He is all-in. I think we will see him rising back to his best again.
He looks in great shape for pre-season and what I've read from him sounds very positive
2021/22 season could be the return of the Great Dele again !!

Regardless of whether you think that was right or not the point was in response to Favour who said that Poch Mason and Mou all agreed he was done as a player but Mason & Poch both played him regularly, till the end so I'm not quite sure what he's basing his thinking on there.

And Poch tried to take him to PSG in January

OK good to hear he's come to his senses.
Wasted 2 years in the meantime so many have gone past him playing in the euros already.
Hope he has tenacity and determination to stay the course.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back