• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2020

Well done Southgate, doing very well, don’t agree with all his selections but I like the way he’s not married to a system or all the same players.

blessed with an amazing squad as well though to be fair!

I like all of the clean sheets, but they’ve not come from brickhousery or time wasting, still improvements to be made there.

Well done Southgate, doing very well, don’t agree with all his selections but I like the way he’s not married to a system or all the same players.

blessed with an amazing squad as well though to be fair!
To be fair, he does seem to be managing the talent well - if you're good enough, you'll get a chance, and he's not been afraid to mix it up. Contrast it with all those years of persisting with Gerrard-Lampard with Scholes getting barely a look-in.

Still, having Foden, Mount and Sancho coming through at the same time is pretty lucky.

Italy will be our biggest test for sure (If we get past the stubborn Danes.) i think Italy do us unfortunately.

MCCLAREN: STERLING THE PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT

Steve McClaren also told Sky Sports he believes Raheem Sterling has been the player of Euro 2020 so far.

McClaren said: "He has been fantastic and that is purely down to the belief, trust, and confidence that Gareth Southgate has shown in him.

"Over the last three or four years, he has been one of our top performers when he pulls an England shirt on.

"He can score, assist, cause problems and he is continuing to do that."

MCCLAREN: STERLING THE PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT

Steve McClaren also told Sky Sports he believes Raheem Sterling has been the player of Euro 2020 so far.

McClaren said: "He has been fantastic and that is purely down to the belief, trust, and confidence that Gareth Southgate has shown in him.

"Over the last three or four years, he has been one of our top performers when he pulls an England shirt on.

"He can score, assist, cause problems and he is continuing to do that."

that's the kind of judgement that led to his current employment status

that's the kind of judgement that led to his current employment status
I watched the game with my pals last night and to a person everybody thought that aside from his goals Sterling had been absolute garbage in most of the games, he was good last night though
Maybe normal fans don't get Sterling or the pundits and media are just up his arse

Didn't Sterling once go forever without scoring for England!? I heard one pundit saying he has never let England down!... But I could have sworn there was a long, long period for the National side where he was absolutely awful and people hated him (Somewhere back in the days when he was getting gun tattoos etc)

I watched the game with my pals last night and to a person everybody thought that aside from his goals Sterling had been absolute garbage in most of the games, he was good last night though
Maybe normal fans don't get Sterling or the pundits and media are just up his arse
Most fans just accept what halfwits like Shearer spout without ever engaging their own thought process.

Or you haven't a clue, which is more likely.

Didn't Sterling once go forever without scoring for England!? I heard one pundit saying he has never let England down!... But I could have sworn there was a long, long period for the National side where he was absolutely awful and people hated him (Somewhere back in the days when he was getting gun tattoos etc)

Yeah Dixon said it. Couldn’t believe it when I heard. He didn’t score or get an assist at the last World Cup but the pundits bigger him up every game. However, I do think he’s been excellent at the euros so far. His overall play wasn’t great in the group stage but he was very good against Germany and Ukraine I thought. Besides that horror pass that nearly gave Muller a goal, he hasn’t been giving the ball away and he’s been a threat going forward and has been involved in a lot of the build up play. For me Shaw has been our best player.

Back