• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

No, I don’t think so. The ball into Son was perfect. This one was also into a good area beyond Leicester’s full back. Had Kane continued his run I think he either could’ve had a first time shot or a ball back across goal, either way it was a very good pass to pick the lock of a deep set defence.
Maybe
As I say he frequently played his pass short and light weighted
It’s exactly the same that he did vs Villa
I don’t mind TBH. The guys not played any games of yet any rhythm

90 mins and one and a half good passes. Not really good enough.
I’d have to watch the game again to see his contribution in relation to the others, though on watching in real time yesterday I thought that Dele was probably our worst player. I was just calling out that the second ball in behind the defence wasn’t a bad one, it just looked bad as the player making the initial run (I think it was Kane) stopped that run just as Dele made the pass.

I agree
I don’t think his work rate is in doubt
Or the impact he can have when playing well
He was very good last weekend
Woeful midweek. Like chalk and cheese
But the guys not played much at all so that may be part or the issue

I think Dele's biggest problems come down to
- His position is a luxury (i.e. 2nd player making runs off striker)
- The game sometimes is too easy for him, he has a ton of natural athletic/football ability and hasn't quite figured out that isn't enough at the top, he needs to look across in the training ground and realize what Kane does, if he put in that kind of dedication, he'd be worth his spot.

Next season is probably his last to rescue his career as potential top 4 level player, otherwise he becomes just another what could have been English player ..

Speaking of players who didn’t make the most of their immense talent, I see that it’s Taarabt’s 32nd birthday today… hopefully Dele’s career doesn’t follow a similar downward trajectory…

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleag...da6940d-1000--how-taarabt-tore-up-the-script/

Unfortunately that list is a lot longer

- You could probably get 10-15 from the current lower PL teams, promise unfufilled.

It's a real danger for Dele

Dos Santos could be another one. Felt he wasn’t given the correct amount of time to develop here.

I remember people saying when he went on loan to Ipswich? that he was walking around the pitch like he was the best player in the league and he was, not even trying.

I'm bumping this thread from page 4 because Dele is a far better player than he showed last year.

He hardly played under Mou, and as discussed ad infinitum, got dropped even when he did well.

In recent weeks on Instagram he's posted lots of images of him training hard abroad with his mate KWP, lots of good messaging about staying fit and working hard and coming back stronger and he looks incredibly fit.

He also posted some stuff about fashion and playing Fortnite to raise money for charity, which might annoy some, but shows a more rounded character than the schoolkid he used to be.

So I have high hopes he could be a huge boost to Spurs if Nuno finds a way to utilise his talent, he seems well up for it.

Son / Kane / Dele is formidable attacking depth.

I'm bumping this thread from page 4 because Dele is a far better player than he showed last year.

He hardly played under Mou, and as discussed ad infinitum, got dropped even when he did well.

In recent weeks on Instagram he's posted lots of images of him training hard abroad with his mate KWP, lots of good messaging about staying fit and working hard and coming back stronger and he looks incredibly fit.

He also posted some stuff about fashion and playing Fortnite to raise money for charity, which might annoy some, but shows a more rounded character than the schoolkid he used to be.

So I have high hopes he could be a huge boost to Spurs if Nuno finds a way to utilise his talent, he seems well up for it.

Agreed. There's so much skill in there, somewhere. Dele on form and used correctly could very well audere our collective facere.

It really is make or break season for Dele coming up I feel. He’s a big boy now and it’s come to the stage where he has to show if he’s a real player or not. The current England progress must be galling for him to watch in some ways. Hopefully himself and Nuno can build a rapport that brings out the best in him. I have a good feeling about him for next season for some reason.

He's done.

it looks like he is desperate to show himself good by putting up those training pics - which incidentally should not be a surprise for any professional athelete (or has he just come around the benefit for keeping fit ?).

before JM dropped him Poch did too. After Eriksen went off the boil so did Dele and I believe we will need another Eriksen type player before we see Dele at his best again. He isn't a leader, he doesn't seize the initiative enough or take it upon him to start an attack but seems content with his little tricks which with our current crop of players don't give him enough space and time for.

So we either invest in another Eriksen or we sell Dele.

There is a player in there and maybe Nuno can restore him to the player he used to be

I don’t think that he should be written off just yet as is being suggested by some

Well unless he kicks himself up the arse and stops thinking he is special he will waste what talent he has. Can he do it? lets hope so but we shall see.

Well unless he kicks himself up the arse and stops thinking he is special he will waste what talent he has. Can he do it? lets hope so but we shall see.

We certainly shall but it’s all about man management

I think that Dele is the sort of player who needs a friendly arm around his shoulders to encourage him etc
Under Poch he maybe received that until Poch became distracted towards the end of his stay and Dele’s form dipped accordingly

Under Jose he got thrown under the bus even after the odd decent game
Remember in the Prime documentary Jose called him a lazy little c*** in training etc
Half joking maybe but poor man management

Perhaps Nuno can get the old Dele back which would be great for us

Just a theory and a hope

Back