• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Mate, clearly your view is distorted to "everyone is doing a better job than us"

- I never said Sancho was a bad purchase, I said I'm not sure it was a role I would prioritize, several people have disagreed, and fair enough.

On the topic of Manchester's stadium, it's a fudging disaster, the roof leaks to the point where there are seats that they cannot sell, they have no screens, it's desperately outdated and plans were made a decade ago to upgrade that they simply abandoned at this point. They literally are articles, media coverage on the problem, see video below as example

You have a binary view sometimes mate, Untied makes money, their stadium makes money = they do everything well, Spurs doesn't win trophies = they do everything bad ..

United's potential is what it was under SAF -> ability to dominate the domestic landscape and be a real threat in Europe, that is not where they are today and that's purely down to mismanagement.

I have family who are Utd S/T holders and have been for years. Their stadium is a mess and they admit it and they are also upset about the transfer policy ( or the mess its in) and the buying policy they have had for several years now.

As you say Finney has a disorted view because of the reasons you have said. They are a club who have so much money coming into it and there buying policy is a joke and has been for a long while ( that is not my opinion but its theirs and they go home and away).

Man Utd's 'deadwood' of Pogba, Fred and De Gea would probably all be starting players for us. Take a good look at that statement Raziel.... You are comparing Pogba, Fred and De Gea to Winks Sissoko and Dier and claiming that it is Man Utd who have the problem?!? :D

No you read what you want

what I said

Their deadwood is worth something -> hence they should be prioritizing selling it and using that to settle team and fix areas of improvement, I clearly said -> no to Sancho, sell Pogba, Fred & Martial -> buy Kane & WC CM (I fudging wish our deadwood could fetch money)
Our deadwood is brick .. biggest monetary impact would be getting them off the wage bill, so while we have it, the value of acting on it is limited.

I have family who are Utd S/T holders and have been for years. Their stadium is a mess and they admit it and they are also upset about the transfer policy ( or the mess its in) and the buying policy they have had for several years now.

As you sat Finney has a disorted view because of the reasons you have said. They are a club who have so much money coming into it and there buying policy is a joke and has been for a long while ( that is not my opinion but its theirs and they go home and away).

Yep, they literally are articles, media coverage on the issue, United fans protesting .. but it's me

Look at this fudging thread
- I simply said I (personal opinion) didn't see the logic in Sancho, certainly not as a priority
- Some people disagreed and made a very valid point re the impact he would have to the balance.
- I countered and said "fair, but here's why I did see him as a priority"

It then descends into
- United is better than us because they spend before buying (completely ignore financially they can)
- I'm an idiot because I said their deadwood is worse than ours (I didn't, I said the opposite, it's worth selling and their squad is super bloated)
- Then defending the stadium that literally has internet memes about it, and for it's worth my point there is not even about United "upgrading" the stadium, it's fudging basic maintenance, and if you don't do that, it will cost even more in the future

I'm more than a little amused at how the people that scream at people for defending Spurs go to such great lengths to defend United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester over the slightest fudging point out.

Nothing to see here, WC class facility ..

hqdefault.jpg

Yep, they literally are articles, media coverage on the issue, United fans protesting .. but it's me

Look at this fudging thread
- I simply said I (personal opinion) didn't see the logic in Sancho, certainly not as a priority
- Some people disagreed and made a very valid point re the impact he would have to the balance.
- I countered and said "fair, but here's why I did see him as a priority"

It then descends into
- United is better than us because they spend before buying (completely ignore financially they can)
- I'm an idiot because I said their deadwood is worse than ours (I didn't, I said the opposite, it's worth selling and their squad is super bloated)
- Then defending the stadium that literally has internet memes about it, and for it's worth my point there is not even about United "upgrading" the stadium, it's fudging basic maintenance, and if you don't do that, it will cost even more in the future

I'm more than a little amused at how the people that scream at people for defending Spurs go to such great lengths to defend United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester over the slightest fudging point out.

Nothing to see here, WC class facility ..

hqdefault.jpg
Fair points mate....

Though it is just a leaky roof. Am sure that they will fix it and all will be fine again.

I'll ask again, have you been to Old Trafford in the past (say) 5 years? I have for Spurs games both in the away section and the home section and also as a corporate guest (two visits for Spurs matches and 1 for a non Spurs match in three different boxes owned by three different companies). The stadium is absolutely fine. Still better than most in the country.

As I keep on saying their stadium is second only to ours for income in the UK so it's hardly a priority for them to spend £1.2 billion plus to rebuild is it?

Fair points mate....

Though it is just a leaky roof. Am sure that they will fix it and all will be fine again.

I'll ask again, have you been to Old Trafford in the past (say) 5 years? I have for Spurs games both in the away section and the home section and also as a corporate guest (two visits for Spurs matches and 1 for a non Spurs match in three different boxes owned by three different companies). The stadium is absolutely fine. Still better than most in the country.

As I keep on saying their stadium is second only to ours for income in the UK so it's hardly a priority for them to spend £1.2 billion plus to rebuild is it?

Mate, honestly, haven't been recently.

I don't expect them to spend £1.2B to rebuild, but it is indicative of a bigger issue re owner attitude, that a re-roof, new screens and some touch ups have been neglected for years (it wasn't just last season it's been leaking), to actually have seats marked as don't sell because roof leaks is fudging embarrassing ..

They are a cash cow, so they will never be in too big a hole .. unfortunately ..

I have sometimes wondered what it would take to really make Man Utd properly fall from their exalted position. It'd need a lot of things to come together at the same time.

I really thought that Solksjaer was part of bringing that about, but it seems that the signing of Fernandes has been a huge factor in preventing it.

I have sometimes wondered what it would take to really make Man Utd properly fall from their exalted position. It'd need a lot of things to come together at the same time.

I really thought that Solksjaer was part of bringing that about, but it seems that the signing of Fernandes has been a huge factor in preventing it.

They are starting to lose sponsorship money. Their new shirt deal is less than the chevrolet one. Their traing kit sponsor pulled out.

Due to their deal with the banks they are required to make a £65m profit every season. Covid obviously put a spanner in that. The banks are very unlikely to take control (as they did with liverpool). They make too much money from the interest. But they could increase the interest rates on their loans.

Utd still are a money making machine but these things may curtail their spending. Whith the other teams still spending, it could mean they drop down the table. 1st place gets 40% of tv revenue from cl, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20% 4th 10%. Each place they drop will cost money. If us or leicester could oust them from the cl for 2 seasons (sponsorship deals are cut if 2 seasons out) then they could feel a bit of pain.

A quick look at his Wikipedia makes interesting reading…

Legal issues
In January 2018, it was announced that Semedo would stand trial for an altercation in a bar in Valencia the previous November, when the player allegedly brandished a pistol and made threats while he was nursing an injury. He was arrested again for a separate incident on 20 February, this time for allegedly tying up and assaulting a man in his home alongside two others, then going to the victim's house to burgle it. For the latter incident, he was charged with attempted murder and placed in preventive detention.

On 13 July 2018, Semedo was released from prison after paying bail of €30,000. Facing a maximum 151⁄2-year sentence, he confessed two years later to kidnap, robbery, wounding and illegal firearm possession; he was fined €46,000 and banned from entering Spain for the next eight years.

He seems to think he's worth £150K a week?!?

Deluded.

Jeremy Doku from Belgium looks an incredible talent. Only 19 and plays for Antwerp. I'm sure there must be quite a few clubs after him now.

He moved to Rennes last year for €26m. Agree though that he looks a talent. Saw a couple French league games last season in which he shone.

I'd imagine rennes would want a good uplift on what they paid, which probably prices us out unless Kane leaves

He moved to Rennes last year for €26m. Agree though that he looks a talent. Saw a couple French league games last season in which he shone.

I'd imagine rennes would want a good uplift on what they paid, which probably prices us out unless Kane leaves
Hadn't realised he moved. Definitely has the physical aspects to succeed in the premier league.

Hadn't realised he moved. Definitely has the physical aspects to succeed in the premier league.

Definitely, I think he'll be in demand and apparently French clubs are skint because theit tv deal has collapsed. I'd guess that's where they got 26m from to start with, might be able to pick a few players up cheaply from that league. Sanches looked really good too.

Yeah thought he had moved.

Back