• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

So Pogba, Martial, Greenwood, VDB, Fernandes, Rashford, Cavani, Sancho in the same side?

I get the comment re balance, but surely if you had £80M+ it wouldn't be on yet another fudging attacking player

Now maybe they are going to splash out another £150M and address other parts of the squad and fair enough ..
Well I'd say their lack of a right hand sided attacker is one of their most glaring issues tbh. Regarding the players mentioned they cover a number of different roles and some are on the peripheral like Martial and VDB might leave this summer, the rest can all fit into the same side and offer depth and balance to their squad.

Sancho really isn't a signing they can be criticised for as they are directly addressing one of their most glaring weaknesses and are now improving their starting 11 and squad options.

Well I'd say their lack of a right hand sided attacker is one of their most glaring issues tbh. Regarding the players mentioned they cover a number of different roles and some are on the peripheral like Martial and VDB might leave this summer, the rest can all fit into the same side and offer depth and balance to their squad.

Sancho really isn't a signing they can be criticised for as they are directly addressing one of their most glaring weaknesses and are now improving their starting 11 and squad options.
Sancho and a quality CB means their 1 centre midfielder from being on par with City IMO

Sancho and a quality CB means their 1 centre midfielder from being on par with City IMO

So just another 2 x £80M players? add GK position decision needs to be made.

I think that squad is extremely talented, but unbalanced and not quite sure what the style is to appropriate players.

I think that squad is extremely talented, but unbalanced and not quite sure what the style is to appropriate players.
They can fix the CM if they change their set up slightly or if McTominay steps up more consistently
They also have a lot of dross still to sell

So Pogba, Martial, Greenwood, VDB, Fernandes, Rashford, Cavani, Sancho in the same side?

I get the comment re balance, but surely if you had £80M+ it wouldn't be on yet another fudging attacking player

Now maybe they are going to splash out another £150M and address other parts of the squad and fair enough ..
It's called having good options in the squad.....
The players you list are covering 5 positions in the team really (I would say positions: 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11) in either a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3.

8 players covering 5 positions. That's what squads who want to win the big trophies look like mate.

I read that they are trying to buy Varane earlier today. That would have them pretty much there IMO.

It's called having good options in the squad.....
The players you list are covering 5 positions in the team really (I would say positions: 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11) in either a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3.

8 players covering 5 positions. That's what squads who want to win the big trophies look like mate.

Good players, but it's unbalanced (at this point)

- VDB couldn't get a look in last season
- Sancho's acquisition will tinkle off Greenwood as that right side was the place he was getting a look in

Verane would be a good acquisition, but why would he leave Madrid for United?

And if they want to win big trophies, the first buy of the summer should have been a better manager.

- Sancho's acquisition will tinkle off Greenwood as that right side was the place he was getting a look in

And if they want to win big trophies, the first buy of the summer should have been a better manager.
Varane wants the move
It’s why he hasn’t signed a contract
Greenwood is a CF. Ge will get 25/30 games which is great for him
They will sell martial IMO as they have realised he ain’t all that

Dominos? Never heard of him however from a 10 second glance at wiki, I'm not impressed. 27 year old CB with 3 caps and limited decent experience. I dont need to see more...
Oh well if only football was as simple as you Googling a player and you knowing everything you need to know. I remember he played against us in the CL couple years ago and even though we scored 4 he looked good and scored too…..

A quick look at his Wikipedia makes interesting reading…

Legal issues
In January 2018, it was announced that Semedo would stand trial for an altercation in a bar in Valencia the previous November, when the player allegedly brandished a pistol and made threats while he was nursing an injury. He was arrested again for a separate incident on 20 February, this time for allegedly tying up and assaulting a man in his home alongside two others, then going to the victim's house to burgle it. For the latter incident, he was charged with attempted murder and placed in preventive detention.

On 13 July 2018, Semedo was released from prison after paying bail of €30,000. Facing a maximum 151⁄2-year sentence, he confessed two years later to kidnap, robbery, wounding and illegal firearm possession; he was fined €46,000 and banned from entering Spain for the next eight years.

A quick look at his Wikipedia makes interesting reading…

Legal issues
In January 2018, it was announced that Semedo would stand trial for an altercation in a bar in Valencia the previous November, when the player allegedly brandished a pistol and made threats while he was nursing an injury. He was arrested again for a separate incident on 20 February, this time for allegedly tying up and assaulting a man in his home alongside two others, then going to the victim's house to burgle it. For the latter incident, he was charged with attempted murder and placed in preventive detention.

On 13 July 2018, Semedo was released from prison after paying bail of €30,000. Facing a maximum 151⁄2-year sentence, he confessed two years later to kidnap, robbery, wounding and illegal firearm possession; he was fined €46,000 and banned from entering Spain for the next eight years.

The player Wolves replaced Doherty with? Swap deal?

Don't mind combative in a defender. So long as he has discipline when needed.

Signing Sancho makes them more balanced not less. VDB may or may not turn out to be a poor signing (it happens) but Greenwood is a striker not an RW. He's going to play the CF position and still be an option for them on the right. Why would he be upset? He gets to now play the position he actually wants to without being shoehorned in on the right hand side.

I don't really understand your criticism tbh, they are addressing a weakness in their side with a quality addition that gives them a starter and squad depth. Even the criticism of the cost doesn't really make sense who else are they going to spend 80m on other than an attacker?

Back