• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emergency Pod - Nuno Espírito Santo

milo

Jack L. Jones
Episode 33

STOP PRESS: @thfcsteff, @milo, @GPRD81 and @ricky2tricky4city convene for an emergency pod to welcome Nuno Espirito Santo as our new manager, discuss the appointment from several angles AND determine that Jorges Mendes is all Scribes and less Faces. It'll make sense when you tune in - as you will in 3-2-1

Recorded on the hoof, so apologies for ropey sound.

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CE

Google Podcasts

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...ibGljL3Nob3dzL3RoZS1nYW1lLWlzLWFib3V0LWdsb3J5

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

Top work, especially at short notice everyone.
In regards to the two year contract, it’s really not a sign of anything except the way football has headed. Most coaches are given shorter term deals now because chairman have recognised the constant turnaround of managers that exists in the modern environment and don’t want to have huge compensation to pay. If they do well they get an extension. Eg Tuchel on an 18 month deal at Chelsea, succeeds - gets an extension. Moyes on short term deal at West Ham does well and gets an extension. There are more and more examples of this.

PS nightclub manager of Porto:D…..

Good pod, lads.

Particularly the end monologue. We, the fans, bang on about how important we are for the club, that we are the life and blood of every footballclub, yet we seldom or never take responsibility when things go sour. We're always in our rights, we seem to think, to boo, hiss, namecalling, and generally behave in ways that would eventually get you fines or lockup if you kept doing it outside the stadium.

We _are_ important. The corona lockdown has shown that quite clearly, I think. For good and bad.
Now we have a choice to make, and I know that the majority will get behind Nuno, as the majority were behind Mourinho for a long time (a slim majority, mind) and as the majority were behind Pochettino right up to the very end.

The size and loudness of the nay-sayers must be diminished, as they contribute nothing to the club, the team or to us! We choose to be positive, or we choose to be negative.
I for one, prefer to smile, and be positive. The glass may not be entirely full all the time, but as long as the content is beer, I'm happy!

Let's go! COYS!

Good pod, lads.

Particularly the end monologue. We, the fans, bang on about how important we are for the club, that we are the life and blood of every footballclub, yet we seldom or never take responsibility when things go sour. We're always in our rights, we seem to think, to boo, hiss, namecalling, and generally behave in ways that would eventually get you fines or lockup if you kept doing it outside the stadium.

We _are_ important. The corona lockdown has shown that quite clearly, I think. For good and bad.
Now we have a choice to make, and I know that the majority will get behind Nuno, as the majority were behind Mourinho for a long time (a slim majority, mind) and as the majority were behind Pochettino right up to the very end.

The size and loudness of the nay-sayers must be diminished, as they contribute nothing to the club, the team or to us! We choose to be positive, or we choose to be negative.
I for one, prefer to smile, and be positive. The glass may not be entirely full all the time, but as long as the content is beer, I'm happy!

Let's go! COYS!

Cheers. @thfcsteff's end monologue was off the cuff. I wish that I recorded the video because you would've seen my, @ricky2tricky4city and @GPRD81's jaws hit the floor as he was delivering it.

I completely agree with you on the rest. Being negative does nothing to help the team and presumably, what we all want, is the team to do well.

Good pod, lads.

Let's go! COYS!

Best post i have read on this forum for a long time, post of the year? it must be.

Back