• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

I am all in.
Let's look forwards and let's give him our undivided support.
Have to say, his PR interview was excellent.

Time to draw a line and look forward!

Spurs will be practicing some serious Santo-ria and I am allllllll in!
Yes he appeared very confident in delivering good football, emphasising with the players we have that’s the way we have to play. That along with Levy again emphasising the style of football we want to play, it’s clear we will be better to watch this season. Whether it’s successful who knows, but at least should be able to enjoy our football again…..

Yes he appeared very confident in delivering good football, emphasising with the players we have that’s the way we have to play. That along with Levy again emphasising the style of football we want to play, it’s clear we will be better to watch this season. Whether it’s successful who knows, but at least should be able to enjoy our football again…..

We'll see about that. A manager's definition of 'good football' can be quite different from a fan's. And while it's important the club and the fans give him as much support as possible, I won't give him a pass on everything just because he isn't Mourinho.

I've never been a huge fan of his Wolves side and my guess is that he was pretty happy with what he did there (and, again, he's got every right to). I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do here (particularly with 'the players we have'). Most of our problems from last season remain (below-par defense, unbalanced squad, lots of fringe players who have become useless, some FUBAR...). If he can solve some of these, he'll have gone a long way in winning me over (although I understand that may not be his primary concern).

In any case, the next few months should be interesting.

Had a night to reflect on things and honestly, of those "left" for us to go for, he's definitely the one with the least question marks.

Definitely reckon the most important addition this summer was always going to be our new head of football. The model now reverts to one of a coach whose job is to get the best from the players he's given, and who reports where he needs reinforcements. It's down to the sporting director or whatever title we are giving him these days to address the squad issues.

I think back to when Arnesen first arrived, and all these players started arriving - Naybet, Ziegler, Atouba, etc. They addressed needs in the squad, they weren't santini or Jol's specific choices. It was such an exciting summer that year as we splashed out on new players to replace the Kevin Scotts and Stuart Nethercotts of this world.

Hopefully the relationship between Nuno and Pat will be a strong one, and this will reflect in the level of understanding we have in our recruitment. As long as big Dan keeps his nose out of that process we should be rocking.

I wonder if Bale has been discussed yet.

I didnt realise he had been a goalie, apart from Zoff I cant remember a successful coach having been a goalie. Time will tell, Im pleased this issue has been settled and can now look forward to the new season. My biggest worry is the new season ticket being app driven as the battery in my phone is always critical low and I often leave home without it.

Seems to me that he's quite good at both player development and getting a good functional team out of a group of players fairly quickly.

Wolves spent money, though usually not massive amounts. A lot of their players got a lot better under him or seems, and he seemingly got a lot of players bought from outside the PL into a system that could work in the PL.

Playing style, I get the concerns, though I didn't find his Wolverhampton team boring at all, at least not when things were working and flowing for them. Any team with Moutinho and Neves as their centre midfield can't be THAT boring.

If statements are taken at face value there will be a shift of approach from what he did there. How he does with a different approach here is a bit question. Personally I would have preferred it if he had the freedom to do what he thinks is best.

Some optimism that he will get more out of a couple of our players.

For those feeling underwhelmed, it was only Poch or Conte that would have an air of 'top level' manager about them, and Id say there were legitimate reasons for them not to be recruited at this particular moment in time.

Ten Hag Potter Fonseca etc are all in the same echelon as Nuno. They all come with their plusses, minuses and unknowns. Looking at the positives for Nuno...he has prem experience, European competition experience (Inc a little bit of CL), he has proven he can mould a side, and has definitely improved players individually.

Personally I don't think he is wedded to a style, and although I don't follow Wolves intensely, I have watched many games (Inc v us) where they have really taken the game to the opposition (Inc Big 6). Even if the approach was apparently defensive/counter attacking in style, it was exciting. What it always told me was, these players buy-in and listen to their managers tactics and coaching and most importantly, he believes in them.

Two seventh place finishes for a new prem team is respectable and more than anything, shows consistency. He potentially (probably) has a better squad of players here, it's that energy and belief I said before he needs to instill, get us all pulling in the same direction again.

The big bonus he's a thoroughly decent human being, someone us fans can love and get along with, just like Jol or Poch, that's important for us, and with how things are at the moment, the club too.

Welcome aboard Nuno!

Let's focus on the positives
- His players love him and his teams never lack effort
- He seemingly improves players
- He knows the league
- Will be a decent representative of the club
- Club has reverted back to a DoF/Coach model
- We have him in before pre-season starts

Keeping expectations at Spurs in check is not a bad thing,

Pressure now on DoF/Levy to sort the squad.

Back